Fan Art of “Welcome Home” by Ace (ambitiousleather8309

The Inspiration

Stories you can smell. really great stuff, @Ace

30 Likes

Wow this is super cool to see! Really gives me inspiration to get off my lazy ass and make part 3

3 Likes

Gf said the Christmas tree is the gut punch that makes this tragic and horrific. She says I should do a bigger canvas and include like, a bunch of hunting and fishing magazines, kids stuff at the bottom of the hoard. The saddest part is that this used to be a happy place. Like the lady had a husband and a family.

3 Likes

That’s actually what I pretty much based it on and it’s funny you included a Christmas tree because that is one of the things firmly in my mind too. I had a family member whose kids basically all fucked off and never came back home because she was a crazy bitch. Over the years she’d hoard tons of stuff for grandchildren she’d never get to see, presents for her children, et cetera. She had a Christmas tree in the corner of the livingroom and it must have been IDK like thirty years at least and the lights never burned out but it was covered in cobwebs and most of the ornaments were shaken off by cats I imagine. Sad but at the same time she was an incredibly difficult woman so she dug that grave.

6 Likes