Feral Friends chapter 13 [Solidus]

Chapter 13:

You are Theo.

And damn fluffies grow quick.

It had been about a week since the incident with the bad smarty, and your foals had undergone another growth spurt. They were roughly half the size of Hazel now, and too large for her to carry on her back anymore without “Back huwties.”

You were impressed at this. There were, of course, still chubby, waddling creatures, but they were larger and had started to take on Hazel’s more solid build, which you take as a sign that they’re growing into healthy adults.

Despite this, they’re all still exceedingly childlike in their interests.

You were watching them sit on your front lawn, staring at cars as they passed, following them with their heads.

Another passes, and a simultaneous “Vwoooom!” rises from your fluffies, followed by them clapping their hooves happily. For whatever reason, the foals have inherited their mother’s love of various noises, among them being the sounds of vehicles. You’d found Neapolitan on your dryer recently, chanting “Thump thump thump thump!” in time to the machine and bouncing slightly as it shook her around.

You’re still not sure how exactly she got up there, and for that matter, she wasn’t either. You’d decided to just accept it as “fluffy shit” and not worry too much.

Mochi waddles over to the bowls of water and kibble, eagerly munching. “Hungry?” you ask her. “Vwooming is hawd wowk!” She says, nodding, before going to get a drink.

A black shadow swoops down and lands a short distance from her. A crow. It hops a step closer, and squawks at her. Mochi looks up at it, and smiles.

— — — —

You are Mochi.

You’re having a drink, when a……what did Momma call them? A bird, that’s right! A bird came and landed next to you.

“Caw!”

You look at it and smile as it hops closer. You nod in understanding. “You can num kibbwes, is good nummies.”

“Ca-caw!”

“You am wewcome, wa-was am good dwinkies too, if you wants.”

“Caw!”

“Namsie am Mochi, what youw namsie?”

“Caw.”

“OOoooh, Webecca am pwetty namsie! Why am you so hungwy?”

“Caw! Caw-Caw!”

“Babbehs! Babbehs am bestest thing!”

The bird pecks up kibble quickly. You see your daddy watching, his mouth hanging open. He looks funny like that!

“Can see Biwdie fwiend’s babbehs someday?”

“Caw.”

“Mochi wiww be vewy happy when dey can fwy, wiww shawe kibbwe with dem!”

“Caw!”

“Goodbye Webecca, Hope youw babbehs gwow to be pwettiest babbehs evew!”

Your new friend flies away, toward a large tree in the distance.

— — — —

You are Theo.

One of your fluffies just talked to a crow and apparently understood everything it “said.”

You’re going to need to consult the book about this one.

20 Likes

No way
He is just delucional
No fucking way
I mean fluffys are technicaly quimeras so i guess they make sense that they can understand certain animals?

4 Likes

I wish I could understand crows. I’d have my feathery army of doom in no time.

4 Likes

that is my new favorite spelling of chimera. I am never spelling it any other way again.

1 Like

I plan on never clarifying to the audience if Mochi is just being imaginative, or if she actually can speak to animals, but there is a definitive answer.

I believe that’s the Spanish spelling of the word, and yes, it’s quite lovely.

1 Like

It would be pretty boss, yeah!

The reason I made it a crow is because they are highly intelligent, and I figured it should be a crow, jay, or some other corvid because I figured they’d make it plausible for it to be a “conversation”.

I’m still never telling if she actually talked to it, or was just playing pretend.

2 Likes

yeah is spanish,my brain bugged a little while writing that because i was still processing how the fuck mochi did that xD

2 Likes

OH MY GOD MOCHI IS GONNA HAVE A FUCKING ARMY OF CROW FRIENDS AND I AM ALL FOR IT! MOCHI, HAVE EM KILL ALL THE BAD FLUFFIES AND SMARTIES! >:D

2 Likes