Fern: Adoption from hisaro (character idea/draft by Chikahiro)

@hisaro had adoptions recently, and I was fortunate to get a little Pegasus female. They looked like chirpies, but I think that’s more an aspect to hisaro’s art.

So, I named her Fern. That’s for sure. For some reason when I think of hisaro’s art I think I long and slender, which really came out here. But… Not sure if it’s right yet. Looks like a little pony, which isn’t BAD but it’s not a fluffy.

I definitely want Fern to be a Tenderfoot. Will need to adjust proportions. I still like the relatively long lines of hisaro’s art compared to the normal fluffy though. I like the feel she has, too. Getting that feel hisaro and @Muffin have in their art would be nice.

Not back to the drawing board so much as I need to work on the next revision. Gotta think about that. Also, bought a cheap “manga art kit” as I can’t find no-photo blue pencils anywhere else here. But it came with some other pencils and two brush pens. First time using one of those and I like it!

Colored in IbisPaint as I didn’t feel like during up my laptop.

Thoughts and feedback from the other artists appreciated! Especially for tenderfeet style fluffies!

15 Likes

Great work here. The brush really adds a light playfulness that adds to the personality of the fluff and piece.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s been fun. I’m finding that as a middle aged I’m not giving myself the same grief as I did when I was younger.

“It’s not good enough!” kind of killed my drawing and stuff for years. Painting wargaming miniatures taut me that good enough is good enough. Hell, newspaper graphic design taught me sometimes quality doesn’t matter - just get it done.

3 Likes