First Words (by Booperino)

Doodle for fun of a lil choco foal first opening it’s eyes and saying its first words

42 Likes

:heart_eyes::sparkles: good lil babbeh :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Is that a real guess, or is it just calling the first thing it sees mummuh?

Also, there has been a lot of chirpy torture recently. And while that has its own charm, it is nice to see an adorable brown foal not squeaking for mercy.

5 Likes

squeeee

5 Likes

good question, id imagine with hasbio magical genetics mummah would be a word they can say befor even understanding the concept :hmm:

3 Likes

I remember a comic from the booru where a foals first word was fuck
and it mostly swore most of the time.

4 Likes

Peep peep peeep… FUCK!

1 Like

Huh. There’s a thought. Can foals imprint like baby birds?

2 Likes

Adorable :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Considering that humman babies are able to learn “mummah” or “mama” as their first word, not to mention that foals instinctually know what a mother figure is based on the provision of miwkies from a miwkie pwace, I think they’d know that “mummah” would refer to the mother figure. Also, and assuming this foal was raised by a fluffy mother, fluffy mummahs are commonly depicted as referring to themselves as “mummah” when nursing their young, hence another way the word could be explored.

I tend to prefer not to use magical genetics to explain away fluffy language acquisition, especially in this case when it could be explained easily

@NobodyAtAll @I_might_be_weasel
Its a recurrent idea I’ve seen in a few fictions and I kinda like it. Some foals will call their male owner “daddeh”, and this is also assuming the owner refers to himself as “daddy” when nursing the chirpie foal.

I think there should be more of it!

6 Likes

add tag hoof_suckling pls)

3 Likes

Added, thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you are welcome)

2 Likes

Very adorable.

Fluffies might babble a lot but they’re almost always adorable when they’re alive.

3 Likes

O.O

I did not know the greatest tag existed until now

1 Like

IKR

1 Like

Huh. And I used it once. WELL, ignore me. Clearly I keep secrets from myself.

1 Like