FluffGen Features In Development: Food System, Night Time, Bridges, NPCs, Etc

So I’ve stuck to posting updates on the Discord for a long time but FluffGen is still in very active development. I feel like I need to keep people outside the discord updated so I’m going to post a few of the newer additions here.

The big thing I’ve been working on for the last month is revamping the food procurement system as well as creating new machines and features. Fluffies now take note of things such as food quality and will actively forgo food of lower quality close by to procure food of higher quality further away. There’s a lot more code running under the hood as well to eliminate bugs and infinite loops involved in eating but if I’ve done my job well players shouldn’t notice any of that. The grinder didn’t do much before except get rid of fluffies in beautiful geysers of blood. It’s now been updated to also distribute meat chunks based on stats. You can use these chunks in a new machine: The food processor, to create bags of kibble which can then be poured into assorted container types such as a fluffy bowl or a feeding trough for multiple fluffies to eat from at the same time.

I’ve added a new system for time of day. The sun moves around the play area now and things get dark and spooky at night. Right now this is just cosmetic but new fluffy behaviors will eventually be coded to react to the dark and seek out light sources at night time. Also expect special night time events like farm invasions in the future.

Other minor updates include new assets like bridges and carveable Halloween pumpkins which can be lit up to provide light at night. Textures were added back to the world since I got sick of looking at gridworld and trees were added to break up the landscape. I want to add more features for trees in the future like making them plantable and having them produce fruit that can be sold or used in fluffy kibble for stat upgrades.

unknown (3)

Something I’m excited about taking form is some new 3d models for NPCs I’ve been working on. While they’re just models on my hard drive right now, in the future they’ll be shopkeepers and populate the world of FluffGen doing various tasks!

unknown (4)
unknown (7)

So anyways as soon as I get done polishing the food system expect another update with the features listed above! As always thanks for taking an interest and supporting my game! Join us in the discord at Discord

48 Likes

Impressive stuff :heart:

3 Likes

Well, this is real nice. Will drop by later to try it out. Also. That last shopkeeper seems to have a really big… personality. Not that I mind :troll:

7 Likes

I agree, she has great taste in music too.

4 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

I have seen many many fluffy game attempts. I hope you’re able to see this one to fruition.

1 Like

and will actively forgo food of lower quality close by to procure food of higher quality further away

I can’t wait to beat graciousness into these heathen.

3 Likes

very impressive.

1 Like

Amazing.

I hear that fluffgen’s dev is pretty sexy

2 Likes

:blush: teehee

1 Like

Huge tracts of land on that last one

3 Likes

wanton and grisly violence when

Looks awesome, although i need to ask, will there be a sttingss option to lower the graphics and have it windowed? My potatoputer lags a lot while playing fluffygen.

1 Like

I thought making NPC’s in a fluffy game would take too much time, but the bottom one looks awesome! Now I hope the game has jiggle physics! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you tried using the low graphics setting button on the start screen? you can also toggle it in game using the “P” key. Please let me know how this works for you. I’d like to add windowed mode in the future but I’ll have to figure some stuff out with the HUDs first.

can we have a way to turn off predators/events if we prefer a more sandbox type game?

1 Like

Maybe if you’re good

Been a hot minute since you’ve posted here. But since i’m not in the discord i wanna say here that this looks amazing and i cant wait to play it some day.
But being a console player means i can’t have the good stuff sometimes…

Hope your well and development goes smoothly!

you should add a tazer that one you pull it out the fluffy will try to hide behind stuff.

1 Like