Fluffies being raised naturally in a rural, countryside setting (Artist:Carpdime)

58 Likes

I’d imagine over the generations, fluffies raised on a farm would adopt more natural colors and learn to adapt to grass and hay as the main feed (instead of kibble/spaghetti like their original pet shop cousins).

15 Likes

wait do they bury the poopies

2 Likes

From the looks of it, they do. But then again, this is a farm.

5 Likes

Looks like a farm setup, I wonder what they’re Farming.

2 Likes

weed

5 Likes

Well, from what I remember in the original pic, this was Carpdime doing a different take on the fluffy mill. Instead of an industrial setting that force-breeds fluffies by quantity, this is a mroe free-range mill.

Also, because these fluffies have a natural diet, their colours are more natural, unlike the gaudy “industrial” ones.

I should mention that Carp did two other images in the rural series, but, and since it was his more recent art (as opposed to his much odler booru art), I’m planning to upload each seperately.

6 Likes

Also be way happier in their environment than ferals - until butchering or being separated from their foals, that is.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that a bit.

If such farm fluffies are being butchered, I think the practice would be to raise a specific steer type thats usually a castrated male, as opposed to the breeder bulls and dams (with some dams being used for milking) Also, I think such fluffy steers would be free-range and lead happy lives.

As for raising foals to be pets, I’ve been thinking the process may be more organic - perhaps selling them as adults, or telling them that they’re going on adventure (which is kind of true)

I should write more about this - I wrote about fluffalo sort of accepting their existence as “meat animals” in Policefluffs 2 (but they started a riot when they heard about veal)

5 Likes

The apples on sticks are a really nice touch. What a nice little treat for fluffies to nibble on. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Doubtful. To do this, you need to select exactly these characteristics. The farmer is not interested in increasing the survivability of fluffy, he is interested in his own profit. Therefore, the selection will be carried out according to the characteristics that are most in demand on the market: popular color, taste, milkiness, fur quality, and so on.
To get the results you expect, you will have to do something else. You need to take a fairly large population of fluffies and put them in the wild, preventing any help from humans. In this case, if they do not die out, over the generations, we will get a completely familiar species of mammals. However, it is difficult to judge about the speech. If the fluffies follow the path of developing the brain and improving socialization, they will still have it - speech is an extremely useful tool for a highly social animal. If not, then, uh, the savings and optimization are known not only to business.
Hmm, maybe go back to the idea about the island?

2 Likes

Wel, ferals are a different story from country farm fluffies, but I see what you’re getting at.

2 Likes

By the way, here I came up with an idea for fluffy-farms, where really tenacious fluffy could be useful. Obtaining serums. This is a very demanded and expensive product. At the same time, horses are expensive and do not have high survivability (that is, they need a long rest, which makes the production cycle even more expensive). Fluffies, on the other hand, seem to be biologically similar to horses, but they are cheap and extremely resilient. The latter, of course, can be challenged by the prescribed canon, but… Almost all creativity contradicts this canon: fluffy in drawings and in stories can be killed with great difficulty, and their survival rate after receiving serious wounds is simply amazing. So farmers could make good money on the production of immune serums:

1. This is a perishable product that requires constant local production. So big corporations will tolerate small competitors in the form of farmers for a while.
  2. Fluffies multiply and grow quickly. So there should be no problem with reorientation or emergency expansion of production.
  3. Fluffies are tenacious and in the production of serums, it is beneficial for farmers to make them even more tenacious - technological pauses are reduced.
  4. There is a transport problem that can be used in the stories. For example, disagreements between a farmer and a transport company)

Here are some ideas)

2 Likes