"Fluffies: Origins" a Game Idea

Just had an idea for a first or third-person survival shooter where you need to defend/escape the Hasbio main research facility as it’s being raided by PETA

6 Likes

Is there an alternate ending if you successfully foil the raid?

1 Like

Probably a non-canon ending where fluffies actually get finished and become the perfect pet.

3 Likes

I did a story about that.

If I actually decide to try and make one maybe I can get contributions from other writers. It would be pretty simple but could be expanded

1 Like

You’d need more than writers to make a 3rd person shooter survival game.

2 Likes

I agree with Fluffus.
It’s not a lack of writing that has kept previous fluffy games from coming to fruition, (I know from experience)
it’s a lack of programmers.

3 Likes

I’m willing to bet there has also been a general lack of experience. Have the people who set out to make a fluffy game:

1 - Made computer games before?
2 - Made a computer game in the chosen genre?
3 - In a distributed team?
4 - At a hobby level, i.e. no pressing incentives and no real reward?

Every ‘no’ reduces the chance of success with 50% or more.

2 Likes

That and making a game takes a fuckton of time and effort, and most people here have other stuff to do

Do you have any experience with gamedev? which tools? I would recommend using Godot for this

Can you link it to me?

1 Like

Oh! I’d love to read it :smiley:

1 Like

Here it is.

Rather most people are bad at scoping.

A single person who knows their stuff can make a pong or a space invaders clone in an afternoon using something like Gamemaker Studio.

But most dreamers imagine they can get a bunch of scrappy pals together and make a The Last of Us 2 or a Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 in a few months.

Making a fluffy dating sim was the best scoping decision I’ve seen so far in the community.

So a lot of these people are assuming I want to make a Last of Us 2 or some other high-tier narrative experience.

I was just going to make a dumb arcade shoot-em-up like Doom 1 lol.

I only said I wanted to talk to other writers so I can get some of their canon/headcanon right for the ending screens or something.

well if there is a PETA raid, there is only one ending. a bunch of fluffies escaping, either because there were too many activists or only one or two guards. in your case, both