Fluffies with actually useful wings?

Why has noone done a comic or story that i can find about fluffies with useful wings? You would think they could with large enough ones, their bones are rather light…

5 Likes

because this

thats why

4 Likes

Considering they lack pretty much all useful instincts to live in the wild, even if they did somehow possess wings capable of flight, the end result is pretty much going to be disaster.

4 Likes

Even with hollow bones, fluffies are both too fat and too weak fly.

3 Likes

Imagin Birdemic, but with 100 times more shit.

1 Like

Fluffdemic: Shit and Terror (2010), dir. James Nguyen

“When fluffies take flight, shit will literally hit the fan!”

3 Likes

There was one story where a pegasus was able to glide but had literally no practice so it couldn’t steer.

I’d say any story you’ve not seen just means there’s an opportunity to do something neat and different :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well I’m sort of working on a story with a larger than average fluffy with a large (4ft) wingspan. He can’t fly because horses, let alone chubby fluffy ponies, aren’t aerodynamic in the least bit. However I decided to give his wings a bone structure more like a bat but still feathered so they look like bird wings but can be used for grabbing and manipulating things.

As an aside the story is kind of kicking my ass so I don’t know when it’ll be posted.

1 Like

Even if they did, there’s about a thousand reasons why they would get themselves killed. Fly too high, airs too thin. Mess up a landing, broken neck. Gets cold high in the air, fluff is usually ineffective against any real cold. Would need massive wings and a lot of strength to maintain flight. And most importantly, why would Hasbio create a toy that can escape from the owner by flying? It’s not impossible, but a lot of things would need justified before it could work

2 Likes

and let’s not forget they can kill people to hit an airplane wind shield or into the engine of the plane ect

1 Like

Yeah that’s grounds for a lawsuit against Hasbio if it happens

2 Likes

yep that would be an interesting story

1 Like

Heck, just one hitting a car in the windshield…

3 Likes

yeah just imagine the major car crashes @Thk would of loved this idea

2 Likes

My fluffy Melon Sweet has large enough ones to glide, but that’s just because back when I designed her, I sucked ass at making fluffies non mlp styled.

3 Likes

I saw one recently about a bitch mother trying to fly and her wing ripping off and then her baby actually flying when it tries. Its just a question of how much realism you want to have in your story. Personally I dont see why not with bigger wing and stronger muscles certainly microfluffies could fly

2 Likes

It is done from time to time , it’s goes against the spirit of fluffys to have them be competent

2 Likes

I’ve done fluffies who can actually fly.

But not always with their wings.

2 Likes

[laughs]

Everyone does incompetent fluffies, dude. Incompetent fluffies are old and busted. Fluffies who can actually GET SHIT DONE are the new hotness.

Fluffies getting their asses kicked?

Old and busted.

Fluffies doing the ass kicking?

New hotness.

4 Likes