Fluffionaries (PinkyFluffy)

error

16 Likes
3 Likes

. . .Something to look into this weekend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh fuck, I actually got this on dvd.
STILL havent watched it even if its only 13 episodes.

It’s not long only a single series of 13 Episodes.
And two waves of toys.

4 Likes

Something I can reasonably binge. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah no problem there.
It’s about 3 ish hours.
3, 3 and half , there abouts.

1 Like

Too bad they killed the revival by starting it with the deaths of a bunch of fan favorite Transformers.

It probably would be getting $30 figures from Hasbro right now if they went the ROM route and created a Cybertronian werewolf waifu for the franchise.

3 Likes

I mostly ignored the revival.
From the sound of it I didn’t miss much.

2 Likes

I only vaguely remember this cartoon. It’s one of those “you can’t watch this because it has magic and magic is satanic” shows my parents wouldn’t let me watch as a kid.

Christian Conservatism: the original cancel culture for me. Everything had to be Conservatively Correct…

They apologized for how I was raised long ago :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hasbro tried to revive all its acquired forgotten properties by generating interest via a shared IDW multiverse, at the center of which was Transformers and GI Joe.

The writers often weren’t happy suddenly having to shoehorn in MASK and ROM and Visionaries and so on into a darker and established series. The execs just gauged interest in fans in what they saw, but not taking into account the fact some were treated better than others.

Most began by killing off a fan favorite. MASK technology for example is based off of a black ops group splintered off from GI Joe who tortured Blitzwing to death over the course of a few years to derive their vehicles from studying his body. Visionaries introduced magic, which is apparently lethal to Cybertronians, by disintigrating Kup.

ROM by contrast just had the Wraiths be some generic foes for Autobots and Decepticons to shoot while giving him a Wraith-infected Cybertronian apprentice that people love. So ROM got new merch, and possibly now a new show.

1 Like

I’m aware.
I just went: “…oh fuck this” at the time.
And ignored all of it.

Truth be told my interest in Transformers was on the wane again.
I didnt like the way MTME was lurching and the direction it was taking.
Megatrons face turn was utterly unconvincing and I hated the DJD.

And then it all ended with that damp Unicron miniseries squib.

The 2019 TF reboot is a snorefest.

2 Likes

How do you feel about the MLP/TF crossover series?

1 Like

Surprised it took 10 years really.

I’m not a huge fan but it makes more sense then say Infestation ( star trek and zombies ?!!)
or Terminator.
Two of Hasbros biggest properties, they were bound to crossover.

2 Likes

Technically they crossed both G1s together, but only as a gag ending, a recurring joke used twice, and a nose tweaking of G2 Megatron.

Which makes the new crossover so strange in that before it was Megatron who loved the Ponies. Now its Soundwave and the cassettes.

1 Like

Ah nostalgia :star_struck: glad it aired all 13 eps in my days from worst local dub to its actual original english.

2 Likes

I watched this from Youtube last year. I love 80’s cartoons! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like