Fluffy Abuse Art & Writing Hooks: Pet Behaviors

Hey all!

I had more rotting stuff sloppily rolling around in my head and I wanted to share. This time, art and story hooks based on pet behaviors.

Fluff Pulling - Stressed birds are known to pluck their own feathers, and doing it enough can lead to permanent bald patches. A neglected fluffy may start tearing out its own fluff as a way to get attention, or because its self image is so bad that it starts to hate its fluff for not being pretty enough to love.

Chewing - A fluffy with a poor diet, dealing with boredom, or simply with too much energy may start chewing things. This could be turned in to something cute and hugboxy by giving them appropriate chew-toys to keep them busy (nummie-toysies), or could lead to serious harm if they start swallowing upholstery fibers or work their way through electrical cords unnoticed. A lamp in a safe room might have a power cord that looks like spaghetti to an over-excited fluffy.

Corprophagia - A fluffy that is desperate for attention or even simply more food, may start consuming its own feces. While forcing a fluffy to do this as punishment is classic abuse, and some creators will have fluffies do it to try to hide bad poopies, a fluffy that starts doing so out sheer lonliness or poor diet is much less explored in the community.

Niping and Biting - Fluffies eating foals out of a lack of food is a tried and true sadbox trope. But an otherwise healthy and normal fluffy that nips or bites other fluffies, or even humans, is something I haven’t seen. A fluffy that handles fear by lashing out and retreating would make for an interesting sadbox story.

Sexual Imprinting - A fluffy is confused by a lack of mate and imprints on an object or human for sexual attraction instead. Even when meeting a compatible breeding partner, the fluffy rejects this special-friend-to-be and favors the object instead. There’s an excellent comic in this community involving a fluffy and a shoe, and enfie-plushies are a thing. But a fluffy on a leg, or maybe a foal going full head-humper isn’t something I’ve run in to yet.

13 Likes

These are some great ideas.

There’s one I’d add to the coprophagia bit. Nutrient deficiency. It isn’t always about more food. Sometimes, the food they’re getting might not have what they need. That type doesn’t tend to lead them to eating their own waste, but more the waste of others. Whatever has the nutrient load they need. Imagine taking your fluffy out on a walk and it scarfing down every dog or cat turd some heathen didn’t bother to clean up.

2 Likes

I dig it. I’ve been trying to draw a fluffy drinking out of a toilet for months.

1 Like

I can only write so many stories Greaver…

1 Like

This idea came from “Harry the Head Humper”, a cockatiel in an Australian bird shelter who would land on people’s heads and just start humping away. Sadly, the videos are long privated, but the look on this woman’s face while this flappy little shithead is rubbing his cloaca on her noggin’ is amazing.

2 Likes

That sounds fucking hilarious, I imagine there’s something similar out there for another animal. Completely unrelated but did you know Dolphins bite the heads off of fish and rail the carcasses?

I see some really fucked up fluffy art in your future. In fact, I’m just going to @anon3053411 now, because this seems right up their alley.

1 Like

Oh I cannot wait to see someone hopefully use that somehow