Fluffy Breeder CYOA [7] (Britfluff)

Oh boy. Would you look at the time. 8 AM. On a Saturday.

Yawning, you sit up to see what exactly woke you up. It was Yolk. Yolk and her god damn soon mummah songs. You brush some sleep out of your eyes, half-concious.

“Hey, Yolk?.. Yolk?”

“Mumm- huh? Wes miss Wose?”

“New rule. No mummah songs, or soon mummah songs, whilst I’m asleep.”

“Buh- Buh-”

“Yolk…”

“Otay, sowwy…”

“It’s alright.”

Sighing, you look back at the phone. Yup. Still 8 am. 8:29 to be specific. Thinking you might as well still start the day, you get up, going over to your wardrobe and change out of your pyjamas and into a black sundress with some fishnets and high heels, seeing as it’s getting warm out. For your first order of business, you walk over to Yellow, careful not to step on any hooves or foals, who is currently feeding Dandelion and Zephyr.

“Hewwo miss Wose!”

“Hey, Yellow. I have a few questions.”

“Ye?”

“Yesterday, when you were giving advice to Yolk, you said something about dummy babies. What do you mean by that?”

“Dummeh babbehs awe babbehs who wewe bown wong. Dey aww diff- diffew- not dah samesies, wike dey might make sicky wawa when dey dwink mummah miwlkie or hav two headsies ow nu behind weggies ow tummy.”

“Oh, so malformed?”

“Wha’ dat?”

“Oh, just a human word for dummy.”

“Otay!”

“And one last question, you said something about one of your previous babies… the one who sparkled at night?”

Yellow visibly saddens. Damn, you should learn some tact.

“Wes… Miss babbeh su much, meanie biwdie monstah took shineh babbeh whiwst mummah sweeping…”

“I’m… sorry to hear that. Could you tell me who their daddy was?”

“Woywal was shineh babbeh’s daddeh. Woywal been Wewwows speshul fwen since fiwwy an’ cowt.”

You reach down and place your hand tenderly on Yellow’s mane, ruffling it a bit. That gets her to smile a bit more, like a grumpy toddler resisting the urge to laugh.

“You’re a good mummah, you know that right?”

“Fank yu miss Wose.”

Alright, after a quick stop to buy some formula it’s time for the next order of business. Checking in with bread. You packed some lettuce that’s about to expire soon that you haven’t used to use a payment for your deal, well, if the cold didn’t get to him. Speaking of which, you regret your outfit choice. It’s still April, and here you are in a sundress, freezing your tits off. Well, you’ll live, a hoe never gets cold.

Taking a left turn, you stand by the enterance the the alleyway where Bread resides. For all you know, winter got him. With a deep sigh, you brace yourself for the worst, but are pleasantly surprised.

One thing to note about your town. The ferals here are humanely dealt with through a combination of humane foal-for-nummies traps (instead of mincing the poor things like they do elsewhere, they just hold them to be sent to shelters instead), free contraceptive-laced kibble, and just sheer simple dispersion tactics. The end result is an area where fluffies aren’t being brutalised at every corner allowing disease to spread, the feral population is humanely low, and a more hugboxish area in general.

That hasn’t been clearer anywhere that isn’t here. What was once a few boxes in a cramped alleyway has turned into a dozen wooden crates, possibly either left here as part of some fly tipping or donated by the community. They seem to also have crudely made enterances and exits. Currently, your working theories are either children carving it out or the fluffies using their teeth to carve the entrances using sharp rocks. Probably both, especially after seeing the one that’s been credited to the local kindergarten. Looking around, you notice symbols have been drawn on them, though crude and done through stolen pieces of chalk, which lets you guess what certain crates are for in this alleyway; Nursery, food storage, fluffpile room, and what looks to be a bank?! Wait, no, after checking it’s filled with green wrappers and leaves.

You notice some familiar faces, though there seem to be six new ones that are currently visible, though you hear some foals chirping from the nursery. Bread notices you in a heartbeat, before happily trotting over to you.

“Hewwo Wose! How 'ou been?”

“Good, thank you. And you?”

“Bwead been wowking hawdest ebah! Found wots of nyu fwends! Doh hewd found widdle chiwpie an’ tawkie babbehs wiv nu mummah. But! Bwed be smawt and gib dem nyu fwuffy mummahs who hab enough spawe miwkies to gib to babbehs.”

“Huh. Well done, little guy. Hold on, I brought nummies-”

Oh sweet virgin christ they’re swarming you. Trying to maintain balance, you take some of the veggies you brought and toss em, causing the fluffies to swarm it. Surprisingly enough though, they’re not eating it. They’re just carrying them off to the wood box marked with an apple.

“Wemembah! Bestest hewd nu num nummies when we get dem! Sabe dem fiwst so we nu get tummy owies in dah cowd times!”

“Wow, Bread. That’s some smart thinking for a fluffy. No offense.”

“It otay, miss Wose. Most fwuffies am dum. Bwead onwy dis smawt 'cus daddeh was a wingie pointy fwend.”

“Makes sense, I guess. Now, before I forget, can I see some of the foals without parents?”

“Otay! How owd?”

“Old enough to be safely held.”

“Wingie ow pointy?”

“I don’t mind about their appearance.”

“Bwead wiww go wet nuwse mawes know, otay?”

“Alright, little buddy.”

Bread then immediately trots off, leaving you waiting there whilst the fluffies living here stare at you, almost as if they were expecting more food. Fat chance of that. After a minute of this, Bread comes back out with a line of foals and mares, the younger foals being on the mare’s back.

“Hewe awe aww dah nu-mummah babbehs, miss Wose.”

FOALS:

1. Crimson Unicorn | Colt | 11 days old [Talkie] | [$1.03]
  2. Grey Earthie | Filly | 6 days old [Chirpy] | [$1.10]
  3. Sky Blue Pegasus | Filly | 7 days old [Chirpy] | [$1]
  4. Indigo Earthie | Filly | 15 days old [Talkie] | [$1.34]
  5. Lemon Chiffon Earthie | Colt | 12 days old [Talkie] | [$1.03]
  6. Lime Unicorn | Colt | 21 days old [Talkie] Grey Tail | [$2.13]
  7. Peru Pegasus | Filly | 1 day old [Chirpy] | [$0.10]
  8. Dark Olive Green Pegasus | Colt | 10 days old [Chirpy] | [$0.85]
  9. Black Pegasus | Colt | 23 days old [Talkie] | Yellow Tail | [$5.33]
  10. Brown Unicorn | Filly | 4 days old [Chirpy] | [$0.33]

NAME: Rose Abernathy
BREEDING BUDGET: $160
CURRENT HOUSING: Studio Apartment
FLUFFY BREEDING LOCATION: Studio apartment; a corner in the living room.
SKILLS: Engineering, Architecture, Can drink 9 1.5oz servings of 1910 Rye Whiskey and remain coherent.
AVALIABLE SPACE: Enough for 4 adults and 2 broods of foals.

FLUFFIES:

[1]
NAME: Yellow
FLUFF COLOUR: Dark Goldenrod
MANE COLOUR: Red
TYPE: Earthie
MATE: Royal
NOTES: Mother of four.
ESTIMATED PRICE: [$4]
[2]
NAME: Royal
FLUFF COLOUR: Royal Blue
MANE COLOUR: Dark Olive Green
TYPE: Unicorn
MATE: Yellow
NOTES: Used to be the herd’s second in command.
ESTIMATED PRICE: [$7]
[3]
NAME: Yolk
FLUFF COLOUR: Antique White
MANE COLOUR: Golden rod
MATE: Tater
NOTES: Used to be a fairly polite tuffie.
ESTIMATED PRICE: [$12]
[4]
NAME: Tater
FLUFF COLOUR: Dark Cream
MANE COLOUR: Spruce Brown
MATE: Yolk
NOTES: Has rare white spots! Very boisterous, and loves to impress.
ESTIMATED PRICE: [$29]

~Yellow’s Foals:~
Ages: 6 Days (Nu-see Nu-tawkie Nu-Wawkie Babbehs)

1. Dandelion, Dark Goldenrod Unicorn [$0.95]
  2. Whitney, Goldenrod Unicorn [$1]
  3. Luna, Royal Blue Earthie [$0.50]
  4. Zephyr, Sea Green Pegasus [$0.80]

~Yolk’s Foals:~
How Long Until Birth: 1/14 Days

1. Unknown
  2. Unknown
  3. Unknown
  4. Unknown
  5. Unknown
  6. Unknown

ASSOCIATES:

[1]
NAME: Bread
RACE: Fluffy (Alleyway, Pegasus)
SKILLS: Can count to twenty, is able to read small words.
METHOD OF ASSISTANCE: Getting other ferals to join his herd, which you can choose from.

[2]
NAME: Paige Tan
RACE: Human (Biracial; Malaysian + American)
SKILLS: Rolling a good fat one, pricing, fluffy raising.
METHOD OF ASSISTANCE: Helping you out with selling your fluffies, along with giving you 10% of the profits she gets from Brick’s foals.

FLUFFY ITEMS:

• Fluffmart Kibble™ [28 Days worth]
  • Fluffmart Formula™ [28 Days worth]
  • Siwwy Sawwy Wawa Bottle!™ [1]
  • Farmer Joanne Kibble Trough™ [1]
  • Safety First! Inflataball™ [1]
  • Fluffmart Individual Wooden Blockies [3]
  • Ahuuser Inc. Sorry Stick Lite™ [1]
  • Soft&Snug Budget Nestie™ [1]
  • Fluffmart Litterbox™ [1]
  • Fluffmart Paper Litter™ [28 Days worth]
  • Safest Zone Divider™ [1]

Rose only has room for around 4 foals, which means the four with the highest votes wins. To vote, just place your choices in the comments. Oh, and before I forget, you can vote for as many as you want at once. Have fun!

15 Likes

For now my four picks are 2, 4, 6, and 9.

Does the estimated value for fluffies get affected by how old they are, alongside other physical traits, in this universe?

3 Likes

I vote for 1,3,5,6. Unless any other foals have remarkable traits these have the best colors for selling or trade. Also love Bread’s little town.

2 Likes

1, 4 , 6 and 9. I like crimson and indigo as colors, and with the right manes they could be worth more.
The last 2 are already worth more.

2 Likes

1, 6, 9, 7

Yep, they do. It’s mainly due to the fact that you can’t garruntee the foal’s survival as it grows older, along with it’s mane color. That, and you need to also take smarty syndrome into account, though in this universe enough training and discipline can get them to behave.

1 Like

Thank you! I was worrying that some people wouldn’t like it on account of “it fluffy so it must be dumb/killed by the public/etc.” Tbh the only reason he’s able to get to this level is because ferals in the city are normally pests that’ll dirty your trousers at worst.

1 Like

Black Pegasus 9
Lime Unicorn 6
Indigo Earthie 4

I wanted to say that I love your hugboxer-world! It’s so refreshing to have such a fluffy-friendly world with such happy fluffies inhabiting it!

2 Likes

Thanks! I tried to make a world where fluffies are more like how they started in the community to my knowledge, with them being treated like feral dogs and cats more than less than rats. Though for potential abuse stories I may write, there are still fluffy exterminators, but they’re only there for microfluffs (they’re mostly eusocial here) and those who find themselves in an angry farmer’s fields.

3 Likes

2, 4, 5, 9

Thanks for the clarification. Also just wanted to say that it’s great to see this story being updated, along with its world slowly being fleshed out with the characters, again. I know you mentioned being more busy now and I’m glad you can still make time to write these stories.

1 Like
FOAL 1: 3
FOAL 2: 2
FOAL 3: 1
FOAL 4: 4
FOAL 5: 2
FOAL 6: 5
FOAL 7: 1
FOAL 8: 0
FOAL 9: 5
FOAL 10: 0

Foals 1, 4, 6 and 9 win!
1 Like

Am I the only one who made the connection to midas from “Real Steel” for Yellow?

Midas?

It’s a boxing robot with yellows color scheme.

1 Like

can you plese continue the small fluffy big city story!