Fluffy Card Game Draft 0.2

Name: Hewds of Da Pawk
Card Types: land,wawa,nummies

Each player will start the game with five Micro-fluffies in play

Fluffy Types and food consumption per turn (your turn obviously)
Micro-Fluffy (Consumes 1 nummy per micro each turn)
Smarty (consumes 3 nummies per turn)

8 Likes

What about something less combat oriented, and maybe more of a resource Management game like Settlers of Catan? Hewds of da Pawk, maybe?

5 Likes

yes there we go!

I really like that Idea

1 Like

this idea has taken off already!!

I’ve been pondering some little fluffy games too. Hrm.

2 Likes

I imagine resources would be something along the lines of Land/wand, food/nummies, water/wawa. Probably throw a few more in there if possible.

What would the goal be? To incorporate/driveout all the other herds, to have the biggest herd, to have the happiest herd?

3 Likes

Could be like that cowboy card game,Bang!
where you have a secret objective based on class.
So a normal fluffy would just want to be happy with a herd,but a smarty would want to drive out other herds,ect.

1 Like

I was playing with another idea for smarties, but honestly it’s hard for me to properly word. I like simple, having class based objectives would allow us to set different objectives for earthiest, pegasi, unicorns, and alicorns, and the smarty deviations of those groups as well.

1 Like

The idea I was toying with was actually a ‘sharing’ mechanic, where instead of drawing a single resource every turn, you take 3, and pass two resources to 1 or 2 other players before looking at them. Or you can keep all 3, and be a Smarty Fluffy. Other players would be discouraged or barred from trading with herds led by a smarty. It’s a fun concept, but a little too wordy for a fluffy game.

1 Like

Honestly, it really depends on what parts and aspects you want to emphasize. For instance, the game I’ve been toying with has no direct conflict so much as its “prepare for winter.” I guess it would be a worker assignment type of game?

I’ve also pondered a hoofball/soccer game with a little board that initially had fighting but figured that wasn’t the direction I wanted to go. So, instead of fighting its somethings can make a fluffy cry or poop by accident. If you clean up a mess or hug the fluffy on the opposing team you get points on top of scoring seemed more “fluffy” like.

A hex exploration game would be interesting too.

A LOT of what you can do will depend on what aspects of headcanon you go with or choose to ignore.

1 Like

Have you played drafting games like Sushi Go or 7 Wonders? That might be a nice inspiration.

1 Like

There’s a card game called Splat! that’s a countdown card game where you’re using your resources to change your position in the deal to avoid being the first to lose. Easily modified for fluffies.

I dig a resource style game. For example: Food and fluffies are resources . Fluffies increase with every turn. I’ll put together some ideas tommorrow.

3 Likes

I have not, but I’ll check them out. This whole thing reminds me of being fresh out of highschool and trying to design a minimalist ttrpg for ATLA with a friend of mine.

1 Like

There is a game I like called Kittens in a Blender. It is a surprisingly wholesome game about putting kittens in a blender. TL;DR: The object of the game is to get your kittens in the safety box and blend your opponents kittens. This premise is pretty much thematically perfect for fluffies. It would literally be the same game with different art on the cards.

3 Likes

This is probably the most obvious and honestly stupidest of ideas but: Pokefluffies

Sushi Go is great. Very easy to learn. I used to take it to church BBQs along with games like Forbidden Island (coop, 2-4 players) as I didn’t like the beach. Very pick up and play for many ages.

I was thinking of something like that since I play a lot of Ascension, but had no idea where to go with it. I was thinking foals but they’re both resource and expense since until they grow they don’t contribute.

I was think it would be more like Risk. Taking over land while managing your own turf…

1 Like

A long time ago I wrote a rules draft for a fluffy pony card game loosely based on Gloom.
The project never got far, but some of the ideas may be salvageable.

`fluffy pony card game (working title, subject to change)
    Influences: Rules draw very heavily from Gloom.

Basic idea is that you're a Fluffy pony owner(abuser?). Fluffy pony's death is inevitable. 
    If you're a hugboxer, your goal is to make fluffy as happy as possible. 
    Abusers of course want to inflict as much misery as they can.

2-4 players. Deck will consist of a minimum of 90 cards and no more than 140 cards.
    Characters and card ideas will be drawn from material generated by the community.
    Initial set will focus on pet fluffy ponies. Possibility open for expansions.
    Use of community generated art is preferable.

Cards will consist of Fluffy ponies, events, deaths and modifiers. 
    Fluffy ponies represent animals owned by the player. 
    Each fluffy pony card will have a the card's name at the top, the character's breed and gender, an icon representing the pony's primary drive, and a quote or bit of flavor text at the bottom. 
    The primary motives are: hunger, safety, play and affection. A fluffy pony with three or more modifiers on it that have symbols on them corresponding to the fluffy's primary drive receive a +5 bonus to their current highest score

Modifiers are cards that increase or decrease a Fluffy pony's happiness or suffering. 
    Cards will have the card name at the top, suffering value on the left and/or happiness value on the right. values will come multiples of 5, not exceeding 20 or lower than -20 for either.
    Cards associated with a drive will have the symbol for that drive below the related score. A card may be associated with more than once drive or have different drives associated with it's happiness and suffering scores. 
    A player may only play modifier cards when it is his or her turn. Modifier cards only affect the fluffy pony they are played on. They remain in play unless another card forces them to be discarded. 
    Some Modifier cards may have additional effects printed on them. The text for these effects will state whether or not the effects are continuous or one time occurrences.

Event cards represent random events or occurrences. They consist of the card's name and text describing the card's effect. Event cards do not remain in play and are discarded after their effects resolve. 
    A player may play an event card at any time.

Deaths are cards which signify a fluffy pony's death. A player may only play one death during his or her turn. When played, a death card is placed on top of the fluffy pony it is being played on. That fluffy pony is now dead. 
    The happiness and suffering values of a dead fluffy pony are fixed for the rest of the game. No further modifiers may be played on it. 
    Certain event cards may allow a dead fluffy to be revived (probably should be limited to no more than one or two cards)

Tenative Breakdown of Deck:
    20 Character cards (Ex: Vito, fluffyshy, derpy. Pink fluffy pony, Phinora, Hugo, Martini)
    50 modifiers (Ex: Babbahs!, Sketties, Safe Room, ball, blocks, waxed floor, static electricity)
    20 events (Ex: Byebye fwend, Cawdbord Bawkses!!!, Reset)
    25 deaths (Ex: Fluffy pony drowns, Bring your fluffy to work day, Two Fires and a Shark, Fluffsplosion, Dark Carnival,  Biggest owwies)

Each player will start the game with five fluffy ponies in play.

Hand size will consist of five cards.

Turn sequence:
    Player may make two card actions (play a death or modifier, or discard a card)
    Player draws back up to full hand size.

The game ends when all of a the fluffy ponies belonging to a single player are dead.  Players then total up the happiness and suffering scores of their dead fluffy ponies and subtract the lower score from the higher one. Fluffy ponies still alive at the end of the game are not counted.`