"Fluffy Color Tiers" by wolfram_sparks

It’s very fluffy, they add 2 and 2 and get 3

Pity sell would surely be a thing

1 Like

I would certainly take all the bottom-tier colors off the breeder’s hands for what is likely to be a bargain basement price.

1 Like

In any universe where fluffies are viable livestock you probably wouldn’t see any on the sales floor unless their temperament was bad enough for a trip to the PalCo processing center.

EDIT: I can’t imagine bright colors not being part of the appeal of fluffies

2 Likes

Much like others have said, it IS fiction, but more importantly, it’s not always just about abusing them. If you’d like real-life examples, do you know how many stray dogs and cats are abused or mistreated in some of the less developed countries?

Fluffies, in-universe, breed as fast as rats or rabbits. They’re considered a plague in a lot of places just because of how fast they can reproduce and how they tend to leave a lot of feces in the general area.

Now, yes, there’s good and bad fluffies. But just like in real life, people are prone to generalization. It only takes 5 bad fluffies to shit in someone’s garden for that person to start disliking them as a whole. Don’t just look at the surface level. Yes, animals that would beg for their life would be harder to kill, but make no mistake, people would still do it especially if it’s profitable and would otherwise be a nuisance.

4 Likes

That has never been hold up to scrutiny though. Fluffies are known from their earliest days to be prone to killing themselves, whether intentional or not, so the idea they are able to breed good enough to be a plague is breaking suspension. If they breed fast enough, they’ll killed themselves even faster.

See also: fluffy-vs-nature or moronbox

And the whole “they shit a lot” is just exaggeration fueled by shit-edits that people took for granted.

2 Likes

I’d probably try it once at the very least if they were real.

Just to see if it’s something I could jive with.

2 Likes

Yeah, but even in the real world we categorically condone wanton acts of animal cruelty. I know fluffies are not legally animals in universe, but if PetCo started selling kittens for snake food, everyone would turn against them.

If your neighbor said “I like capturing rabbits and torturing them in my basement” you would call the police, I just can’t get over how nonchalant everyone is about torturing and killing tiny TALKING animals.

1 Like

Ah, yes, exactly - that’s why it works
In most countries, we keep cats and dogs. Rabbits can be both pet and food. Chicken is mostly for food. Mice are considered pests.
And where are fluffies? Right at the bottom. Would you call police when someone would tell you they torture roaches? Probably not

In every hc it is different. In mine, fluffies are considered purely toys. Like those robotic doggos. And in my hc, people tolerate abusers because it lowered crime and assaults

Would you eat a cat? Or a horse? What about keeping earthworms and spiders as pets? Would you feed a bunny to a snake?
Some people would. Where do you cut the line?

I’m not trying to persuade you to be abuser. Just trying to explain. I think understanding both sides makes you that more happy for hugbox
That said, further talk would be in dm - it’s a bit disrespectful to clutter off-topic comments on someone’s art

2 Likes

I’m happy to see that even Tier 4 gets a happy ending here, warms my heart. :slight_smile:

A pest that talks is still a pest.

Okay, seriously: Gardel’s stories sort of handwave this by saying fluffies fall into the uncanny valley, so people don’t value them the way they do rabbits etc.

And that also kinda applies in real life. Fluffy abuse can go overboard for me, but it never makes me rage the way animal abuse does. For what it’s worth, if fluffies were somehow real I don’t think I’d abuse them.

1 Like

Where_do_you_think_we_are_

Yeah I agree. these low colors are kinda cool
I’d grab a green with brown one, it looks like a smol tree xD

2 Likes

tier #5
Smartys

Likey fates: abuse toy, live cat/snake feed, punching bag, anger toys

Think of it this way, many head cannons have fluffies:
1.Extremely prevalent to the point of being less than vermin
2. Cause of wide spread ecological disasters and collapses leading to food insecurity and the rarity of other animals
3. Carriers of disease
4. The main blame for the destruction of a major metropolitan city
One or more of these inform the creation of many worlds here. It would be weird for people NOT to hate the things after going through even one of these

1 Like

I’ll take them all…for my amusement!!!

I think I would own exclusively tier 4 fluffies. If only because I’d get a headache looking at a bright fuchsia fluffball of pure optimism every morning.

Every single one of them is viable to be a pet. Or stress ball. Or food.

But some colors are more equal more viable than others

1 tier: Aventurine color. I love greenish stones. He looks like very politely.
2 tier: I have a problem because they are all cute. Blue is more cheerful, green has stripes and yellow has purple hair.
3 tier: Neon green hair and grey. I love this combination of colors. Although brown works well with that neon blue hair too.
4 tier: Big dilemma. Fluffy who look like apple or fluffy who look like pie with caramel?