Fluffy District By: TheRareOne

40 Likes

i see what you did there

13 Likes

What a…place :flushed:

3 Likes

This is one of the best ones out there lemme tell ya

3 Likes

The Fluffy District looks very different in my timeline.

5 Likes

let me guess…food stands, trucks, a farmer market dedicate to fluffy meat?

7 Likes

Ah I’m digging scanning this for details

4 Likes

Is that Clarissa?

3 Likes

Not just meat! Fluffy hides/fur, fluffy tears and fluffy tears sweets, bone meal…

4 Likes

Definitely looks like her!

1 Like

do people in your reality only eat fluffies or have they adapted them for other things, similar to chikahiro? and are some still kept as pets?

1 Like

In my timeline, 95% or more of all fluffies born are harvested and consumed as meat, fur, gelatin, bone-meal, and so on. The rest are kept as: pets, helpers, laboratory animals, etc, pretty much the same as any dog or domesticated rat. Pets in particular are selected for good personalities, and can vary in value from $50 for a brown earth fluffy to six figures for an alicorn with exotic coloration.

All pets are licensed and registered. Unlicensed/unregistered stray fluffies are considered ferals and are usually redomesticated, but they’re prone to being put down, and not humanely, either.

2 Likes

im gonna imagine theres some future inflation going on, you said your reality takes place in like 2080 or something, right? and there was a huge famine?

There was a huge famine along the Russian-occupied Eastern Seaboard in 2030-2032. After that came a period of (mild) hyperinflation followed by revaluation after reunification in 2076.

The rest of the USA (that is, the USA not counting EUSA, Texas or the Confederacy) saw relatively low inflation, so $50 USA in 2080 is more like $15 USA in 2020.

2 Likes

nice, very very interesting