Fluffy Herder Game Concept by:Foxhoarder

Here’s an idea for another fluffy game that could be made within a reasonable amount of time. To maximize the chances of success even further, the minimum requirements should serve as an already respectable finishing point, in case the programmer runs out of time or enthusiasm before the visual enhancements.

This is beyond my programming abilities, but I would love to do the graphics for if it anyone here can handle the technical parts. If you have the skills and the interest, give me a mention and we can make this the second finished game in the fandom!

30 Likes

With a bit of coding skills you could make this plus more in only a day at best, a week at most.

5 Likes

I’m on it right now. Should be a piece of cake, logic-wise

8 Likes

I like it. You can have a points system where surviving fluffies get a point, dead fluffies lose a point and a leaderboard that shows both positive and negative high scores for the hugboxers and abusers.

6 Likes

Bonus points if you implement an elementary neural network in the fluffies so they have the potential to learn how to avoid traps or the dog more effectively. Breeding between rounds would be a good way to regenerate the pool.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! When it’s time for graphics, just tell me what’s the best way to implement them. Like, should the lines be sharp and non-blurry, and should colors be on different layers or something.

For example, here’s an all-in-one fluffy, lines for a fluffy, and body + mane color areas separated. Of course, it’s best to focus on just the game logic for now, but I’m excited to help in any way I can. :smiley:
fluffyherder fluffysprite examples

5 Likes

I think I have seen this one on boru. how long have you been waiting for someone to help you with this?

2 Likes

Those are some massive leaps in scale for a small and simple game idea. Better keep it simple so we can actually finish it. :laughing:

2 Likes

Nahhh, you could do that in one night with enough pizza and coffee.

2 Likes

Two years and three months. The dream of a breeder game is so attractive that literally every programmer has been trying to make it happen, and then ran out of steam right after getting all the basics done. That’s why I came up with this idea to create a lot of gameplay with minimal coding, so that when I found someone to help with it, it would also get finished like the dating sim did. :blush:

5 Likes

There was a Game Boy Advanced game named Sheep that had this concept more or less. The cover art more or less had the Fluffy Pony vibe

3 Likes

See, now I have to at least post dump my one booru work, even if I’m never going to finish it.

1 Like

This would make a great mobile game using the touch interface.

4 Likes

Its kinda like the goat herding minigame from twilight princess

1 Like

To me that would take significantly more than “a bit” of skills ahahaha

4 Likes

well, yeah, he miscalculated for a whole 7 weeks

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the link. Going to try it out now!

3 Likes