Fluffy Husbandry (Artist: OtherOtherCoraline)

A little lore into why humans are so indifferent towards fluffies and why sadbox so prevalent in my headcanon.

74 Likes

A tidbits on fluffy reproduction that explain why this works in my headcanon:

• As long as a mare is not currently pregnant and of sexual maturation, she is programmed to wan babbehs. This supersedes most all other drives (not self preservation, she’ll steal eat, drink, avoid danger, etc, but she will abandon a loving mummah or daddeh in hopes of finding a special friend who can give her tummeh babbehs). The only way of preventing this is getting the mare spayed. No matter how many times you eat her babbehs, she will ALWAYS get pregnant again, hoping this time will be different.
  • Mares do not have estrus cycles, much like rabbits. This means they can get pregnant again the very day they give birth.
  • Haploid → Diploid fertilization does not occur in fluffies. Special Huggies simply trigger a physiological reaction to send already diploid eggs from the mare’s ovum to her uterus for implantation. This means a mare will get pregnant 99.9% of the time from special huggies.
  • Mares are not worried about bad special huggies because stallions are only interested in special huggies when they are exposed to a pheromone secreted by mares when they feel safe and comfortable. This means a scared or stressed mare will literally make a stallion go limp. Fluffies are for love and huggies and no fluffy fears another. They are very social creatures and the only thing a fluffy can rely on in this world where everything is out to kill them is another fluffy.
  • The pheromones can be collected or synthesized in cases where a human wants to abuse some fluffies or wants a pregnant mare when the mare is scared or uncomfortable. This makes fluffy husbandry very easy.
23 Likes

I like those headcanons. Might use some of them.

7 Likes

now this makes alot more sense.

4 Likes

This is fantastic stuff. I love the perpetual cycle of eating their young as they helplessly beg you to reconsider.

6 Likes

I love this, it reflects my idea that Fluffies inherently cannot think about the future or about the consequences of their choices. They’re predisposed to believe that they need to have babies, that babies make everything better, even after they’ve lost them time after time. I would even go so far that if you spay them too late, they will still be inclined to try to have babies even though they’re incapable of being pregnant. Conditioned to try for babies. So early spaying and neutering is necessary to avoid that happening.

9 Likes

Most Hugboxers will never understand that fluffies are indeed bad for the environment, what a shame

7 Likes

This is fucking chef’s kiss love every second of it

3 Likes

I am in awe of the genius of this headcanon. I love it.

5 Likes

Fuck the dumb mares. Eat all their children. It’s their species’ fault things have gone to shit; might as well make them useful somehow.

2 Likes