Fluffy Jobs #1: Greeter (by Chikahiro)

Idea for a "Jobs for fluffies"came from Stwumpo on Reddit.

54 Likes

That

is probably the perfect job for a fluffy

17 Likes

For some reason I can’t get the sound of a fluffy shouting ‘maido’ when people enter.

7 Likes

I had no idea how I would handle “irashaimase.”

7 Likes

Awesome and its adorable em greeting guests :blush:

8 Likes

â€œă„ă‚ă—ă‚ƒă„ăŸă”ă‡ïŒâ€

“Iwashaimafe”

7 Likes

Irashaimase seems complicated but if a small child/toddler could muddle through it I would expect with enough training/practice it could manage to say it (well enough). But this is a great idea and concept. Looking forward to seeing more.

5 Likes

It would attract lotsa customers who loves cute talking cuddly thingies.

5 Likes

The only thing worse then my writing of English is my writing Japanese. My hiragana is aaaaweful now.

3 Likes

I love the idea of fluffy greeters that are also used for “customer service”. Like if someone has had a crappy day, rather than take out their anger on a fellow human (seriously, I feel sorry for pretty much any retail employee, customers can be dicks), there’s a greeter fluff you could just pick up on the way in and just start verbally abusing or pounding on.

The shopper works their stress out in a safe, productive way. Maybe gets charged a nominal fee for replacing a damaged greeter. And the actual staff don’t have their day ruined by an over aggressive Karen or other douche canoe. Everyone wins :hugs:

Seriously. When I worked retail, I would’ve killed for a “fluffy barrier” to slow down the aggressive customers. Let me deal with you when you’ve calmed down, not when you’re fired up and just want ruin someone’s day.

5 Likes

That’d be the American version. And some people won’t be satisfied with that. Verbally abusing another human being would be the only thing that satisfies them.

“Manager! Manager! I want to talk to someone who can make things happen! Don’t give me a fluffy! So trying to blow me off!”

6 Likes

Agreed.

But then you could keep fluffies in the staff breakroom to allow employees to blow of steam. If I had a punching pillow that asked for “Nyu daddeh” or “Wub and huggies” before the first blow; it’d be SO cathartic to start punching that thing. Would be great for employee morale to have something lower on the totem pole to take your anxiety and stress out on.

5 Likes

You’d have to have three break rooms. One for Abuse, one for hugbox, and one with no fluffies at all.

I’d love a hugbox room. Before I got hired the job I worked had an office dog. Man, that would have been great. As is our office neighbor has one

5 Likes

This is Japan though.

You repress that shit. Karens demand to speak to their own manager to talk about their own failings.

6 Likes

Sounds like a setup for employee fights.

The new guy thinks its funny to swap the Hugbox Fluffy that can sing Sound Of Silence with the skinless one who can only scream, then next thing you know all the water coolers are poisoned and you must present a tattoo proving you are a member of the tribe to deliver paperwork between departments.

6 Likes

We’ve got an astronomer coming to the radio show I’m on. I’ll have to ask him, for you and myself, if there are hopefully Extinction Level Events coming this month :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Provided abusers don’t ruin it for the hugboxers and vice-versa, this would be the most dope scenario. You’re feeling stressed and you have the options of having a mare sing mummah songs to you, or you can go into the other break room and stick pins in a pillowfluff.

Everyone wins! :joy:

4 Likes

I had not thought of that.

2 Likes

ha, fluffy greeters. i remember someone requested a drawing of a walmart fluffy greeter on-stream a long time ago, and it seemed like such a perfect fit.

short attention span, unconditional love, and wont complain when you cut their hours for the third time in the month

6 Likes

Iwwasaimasseh!

4 Likes