Fluffy Jobs #11: Nurse Fluffs (by Chikahiro)

I’ve been told there are breeds of dog that “need” to have jobs or they get depressed, bored, etc. Domestic fluffies are just there to look cute which isn’t the worst thing, but it seems that having a sense of purpose, a role, isn’t bad either. Feral fluffies will have those within a herd, so how to get domestics something similar? Well, small jobs and chores…

I was SUPER tempted to draw the baby having a happy pee-pee accident on the stallion holding it up. Because, well, I think most of my friends with kids have had that happen a time or twelve :stuck_out_tongue:

Full size here

43 Likes

I like the idea of nurse fluffs! Both for nursing foals, as well as “care” animals in hospitals.

@Fluffus should reupload CHOP when he can.

7 Likes

I do too. That story @Swindle put up made me want to do that, but since Senior Friends went up not that long ago I want to get some other ideas going first :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I be uploadin’ mister Oculusfluffy. I be uploadin’.

10 Likes

This is a nice idea :+1: even stallion can do like nursing homes does.

5 Likes

Solid stuff. I think the clear distinction between a nurse fluff and a fluff that teaches is important as they provide two very different functions. In a very mobile urban setting I can definitely see this being a major occupation as owners have such limited time to properly provide intimate (not in that way) care for their fluffs.

3 Likes

won’t they throw a tantrum when you take away “their” foals

1 Like

The ferals don’t seem to, at least in the stories I’ve read. Hrm… I should’ve mentioned training. Its easy to assume, but should still be spelled out :confused:

D’oh!

4 Likes

The right one is not a stallion, is it?

IS IT?!

2 Likes

Mare nurse fluff has a baby nursing and a baby sleeping. Stallion nurse fluff is on its back holding a baby.

3 Likes

I should note: I almost never draw mare’s teats, so I’m not good at it.

1 Like

Nah, it’s alright: I was just joking about the “stallion” giving the foal “speciuhw miwkies”.

2 Likes

Cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

B U T

Thanks for taking my bleak commodification of sentient life -who’s natural inclination is to love and nurture- and making something wholesome out of it :angry:

2 Likes

I could see medium- and large-scale fluffherding operations using fluffies as nurses!

(Of course the nurses would not be aware that the ultimate destination of their charges is the butcher shop.)

5 Likes

The easiest way to introduce it to your settings is easy: these are FluffTV ads showing a reality only .001% of fluffies will ever have. (edited to add extra zeroes).

2 Likes

I figured. EeeeEEeeeeEEEeew :stuck_out_tongue:

I think @Bad_Roomie did that comic already anyhow.

1 Like

Yeah. I would say a nurse fluff might help prepare a foal for learning, but not actually teach a lot of stuff. To be honest, I wish I realized the most important thing I could’ve learned at school was how to learn, but I was too caught up in the parts I didn’t like :confused:

Hmm… @Oculusfluffy - I bet Avocado could make a good role-model in that regard. Teaching the joy of learning.

3 Likes

I was like: awww this is cute

the NHL on the bed: OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

My thought is while a foal may learn more life lessons from a Nurse Fluff the teacher (very much like Candy from @Oculusfluffy 's Avocado series) would handle the more real world lessons. To me to have a well rounded fluff (at least in a domestic setting) you would need both in lou of their actual owner/caretaker providing themselves.

Much like in real world childcare people shouldn’t burden the teacher, or in the nurse fluff case someone like a nanny or a daycare employee, to give a full education and give them the proper attention and warmth that a “surrogate parent” would give. Sure either can do that and beyond their occupational description but it wouldn’t be effective as the responsibility is properly divided.

3 Likes