Fluffy Jobs #8: Fence Inspectors by Chikahiro

I’ve been told there are breeds of dog that “need” to have jobs or they get depressed, bored, etc. Domestic fluffies are just there to look cute which isn’t the worst thing, but it seems that having a sense of purpose, a role, isn’t bad either. Feral fluffies will have those within a herd, so how to get domestics something similar? Well, small jobs and chores…

Full size here: https://fluffy-community.com/uploads/default/original/3X/b/0/b016b8afc8d8cb77d19bef757b3f3ff420ad1c8b.jpeg

44 Likes

Of all the jobs this one maybe the one that is most exploitable. Love the idea of an inherited job/trait. A great nugget of an idea for a bigger story.

8 Likes

Exploitable?

I thought it was a fun idea since it seems everyone has terrible fencing in these stories :slight_smile:

8 Likes

More the idea that the handler of the fluff could create more problems either by hand or “creative” training.

4 Likes

Ah. Less than ethical consulting.

I’d say that if the fluffy was trained for that it’s still a test. A feral can learn to break in as well, after all. If things are suitably strong that’s one thing, but old, rotting wood or rusted latches are another.

5 Likes

Have you ever watched the movie “Sneakers”? Fluffy version of that :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Not enough stories give fluffies jobs. I use the idea of fluffies that act as little couriers for a neighborhood, but i like this idea a lot too

4 Likes

Unless it was intentional, but more over unattended fences or old bought house or farm.

3 Likes

I love everything you draw!!

5 Likes

Aaaaw, thank you!

4 Likes

hole finder

Oh no.

Rule 34 invoked

:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

Fine. Renamed Fence Inspectors :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Containment advisory agent

6 Likes

Hell, I could see Hugboxy but still highly regulated places require this as a part of inspections for sale, zoning, insurance, and so on.

4 Likes

Goddammit. These just keep getting cuter and cuter! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re slowing turning me into a hugboxer :scream:

5 Likes

Well, I have gratuitous violence with the latest Napoleon and Hippolyta is that helps any. Keep in mind I give those “wall bitingly stupid” for a reason!

3 Likes

“Sowwy nice mishtah, but deh cuwteness no can be contained. Wecommend yu wun ow stawt takin’ in-su-win.”

3 Likes

Brilliant! I can imagine how a clever escape-artist fluffy would be invaluable for its skill of discovering gaps and holes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Given they find every possible hike in the yard to enter for the infamous yard invasion? Only makes sense to invert that. Takes a thief…

2 Likes