Fluffy Pedigree and United Fluffy Breeding Society (UFBS) (Author_jberg360)

This is my idea for a Fluffy Pedigree Program that is meant to introduce standards for Fluffy Intelligence testing, lineage tracking and breeding guidelines. I’d love to hear other people’s opinions or ideas on the aptitude tests at the end. Are they too difficult for fluffies? Basic tests are meant to disqualify 2/3 of fluffies, with the advance tests highlighting individual quality. This was briefly touched on in the Jim the Breeder series.

Fluffy Pedigree

Pedigree qualifications.

1. Must be registered with the United Fluffy Breeding Society (UFBS)
  2. Must submit updated records with the UFBS every two years
  3. Must be born in captivity under UFBS breeding guidelines
  4. Must Not have any Genetic overlap within five documented generations
  5. Must have parents certified as passing the UFBS Basic Aptitude test
  6. Must pass the UFBS Basic Aptitude test
  7. Must have UFBS standard Immunizations*
    (* The list of UFBS standard Immunizations are updated every 5 years. A Fluffy does not need to meet the new Immunization mandates unless born within one year [365 days] of the official update Date.)

]
]
]

Pedigree Rankings

Common Stock – All fluffies without Pedigree or that are birthed outside the UFBS guidelines are designated as Common Stock. This includes but is not limited to fluffies that are feral, factory produced, product of amateur breeders, family pets, store purchased, lab grown, or of unknown origin.

Generation Zero – Fluffies born of Common Stock that have met the standard UFBS qualification for Pedigree Status.

Generation One and Higher – Pedigree status is increased for each generation that qualifies for UFBS certification. A Pedigree above zero is based on the lowest parent Pedigree. For instance; Two Pedigree Zero fluffies produce offspring that can qualify for Pedigree One status. A Pedigree Three mated with a Pedigree One could only produce offspring that can qualify for Pedigree Two.

Distinctions – A Distinction is an expressed trait that has occurred in three concurrent generations. Recognized examples are Fluffy marks, Alicorns, Rainbow mane, split mane color, and Advanced Aptitude Placement.

]
]
]

Breeding Guidelines - To insure the parentage of the offspring the following rules must be adhered to. Please note that dams can be inseminated in seconds and through secondary contact. Mares have been known to get pregnant from coming into contact with blankets or toys a stallion has previously mounted.

The dam must not have had contact with a male fluffy with reproductive abilities within one week prior to pregnancy.

The dam must not have been left in a location where a male fluffy could come in contact with the dam for one week prior to pregnancy. This includes but is not limited to adjoining cages with permeable barriers such as screen, wire, or fabric and fenced or unfenced yards.

The dam must not have been in contact with any fluffy, toy or breeding apparatus available to stallion with reproductive abilities within 24 hours prior to mating

The stallion must not have been in contact with any shared toys or bedding with other males with reproductive abilities within 24 hours prior to mating.

The stallion must not have been in contact with any fluffy or breeding apparatus available to other males with reproductive abilities within 24 hours prior to mating

The 24 hour waiting period for stallions may be reduced to two hours if they have been fully bathed for five minutes in an antimicrobial wash.

]
]
]

Documentation

Once a fluffy passes the UFBS Basic Aptitude test they are given a unique alphanumeric identification code that cannot be changed. The Breeder or inspector may submit information on the fluffy via the UFBS website or App. Based on the information provided to the UFBS they can help track any medical abnormalities, lineage, and provide data to fluffy research groups.

]
]
]

Lineage and Description

Common Stock does not require parentage but notes are encouraged if available. This includes the county, state, or country when the fluffy was acquired; shelter, store, or company purchased from; or area found such as park, forest, or city.

Required Fields:

Female parental ID

Male parental ID

Brood description**:

Name or Designation

Sex

Birth Date

Death Date

Sub species (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus, Alicorn, Other)

Coat color

Secondary coat color or unique characteristics

Mane color

Secondary mane colors or unique characteristics

Eye color

Secondary eye color or unique characteristics

Pedigree Generation Ranking:

Distinctions:

]
]
]

Medical history

Immunization history, date of inoculation

Rabies:
Bordetella bronchiseptica:
Tetanus:
Influenza X5s6:

]
]

Physical abnormalities:

Mutations:
Partially formed limbs
Rejected as foal:

]
]

Genetic disease tracking:
Diabetes:
Heart Defects:
Cancers:

]
]

Reproductive health:
Sperm viability:
Egg viability:
Date of first litter:
Date of last litter:

]
]

Breeding History:
Breeding Male ID:
Breeding Female ID:
Date of Insemination:
Date of Birthing:
Number of foals produced:
Number of nonviable foals within one hour of birth including stillborn:
Number of rejected foals/runts:
Number of nonviable foals within one week of birth:
Number of foals with unrelated death
Number of Viable foals
Brood description**

**Brood description indicates the parents birthing history at a glance. Female’s fifth litter, Male’s twenty-first litter, four foals surviving after one week/(number born – unrelated death) = (F5M21,4/5)

]
]

Cause of death:

]
]

Test scores

Basic aptitude confirmation:
Date Certified:
Certifying Agent ID:

Advanced aptitude placement:
Date Tested:
Certifying Agent ID:
Total Score:
Notes:

]
]
]
]
]

United Fluffy Breeding Society (UFBS) Basic Aptitude Test

A licensed UFBS tester must administer this test. Only licensed UFBS testers may be present when the test is administered. The test information is available on the official UFBS website and can be reviewed at any time. Fluffies that fail the test may test again after a two-week waiting period.

Tools:
Worksheet: Paper or digital
Flashcards: 10 beginner cards, 10 advanced cards
Toybox: towel, rope toy, pail, blocks, stuffy,

]

Memory
Tell the fluffy the words and have them repeat them. Ask the fluffy to remember the following five words: Ball, Hugs, Sleep, Run, Blanket

]

Flash cards
Shuffle the deck of cards and draw six cards one at a time and ask the fluffy to identify the shape and color of the card revealed.

(One point for each color and shape. 8/12 or better is passing. If they get 12/12 or better draw cards from the advanced cards until they make a mistake and record the score.)

Basic Card side: is a mix of Yellow, Blue, Red, white, black, and Circle, Triangle, Square.
Advanced card side: is a mix of X, Star, Heart, and Purple, Orange, Green, Brown
[Flash Cards Basic score____/12, Pass/Fail. Advance card score ___/20]

]

Memory

Ask the fluffy to repeat the words they were asked to memorize.
Ball, Hugs, Sleep, Run, Blanket
(4/5 or better is a success)
[Memory score ___/5]

]

Counting
Ask the fluffy to count to five,
If successful ask to count to ten.
Advanced: count from to seven from two, count down from eight to five.

(Counting to 5 without mistakes is a pass. If they count to 10, move onto the advanced questions)
[Score Basic counting ____/10, Pass/Fail, Advanced ____/10]

]

Following commands

Tell the fluffy to wait where they are and take 10 steps away
Direct the fluffy to walk to you
Tell the fluffy go to the toy box and find a stuffy friend
If they reach the toy box and ask what to do, repeat the direction
(If you don’t need to repeat the command more than once (aside from the last command) it is a pass. If they don’t ask for help and you didn’t need to repeat a command, go to the advanced directions.)

[basic score ____/5 Pass/Fail]
Advanced.

Tell the fluffy to Put the stuffy behind the toy box and bring you the rope toy.

Ask the fluffy to take the pail out from the toy box and hid it under the towel.

Ask fluffy to take out blocks and stack them

One point for each command followed, + 2 for not asking for help, + for not needing to repeat yourself
[____/10 ]

]

Memory
Ask the fluffy to repeat the words they were asked to memorize.
Ball, Hugs, Sleep, Run, Blanket

(2/5 is a passing score, If they remember all five go to the advanced question)
[____/5, Pass/fail]
Advanced
Ask the fluffy to tell you what they did together.

Five words
Flash cards
Remember five words
Counting
Following commands
Remember five words
Remembering test

One point each, +2 for the correct order, +1 if they say individual commands
[_____/10]

6 Likes

Its time for bed for me but yeah, I need to look this over.

1 Like

The reproductive guidelines are a bit stringent. The 24hr isolation only makes sense to me if: Fluffies are either super fertile or pregnancy functions almost like an unholy cross between chain lightning and the common cold.

1 Like

I could probably bring the dams down to 2/3 days since they tend to know right away if they pregnant. (But should also add more time the other side of mating) Dogs and cats have the ability to birth from multiple fathers In the same litter so maybe fluffies can too. Not something that has come up with fluffy stories that often.

In general I feel like, at least my version of fluffies, would be super potent. So if multiple males us the same stuffy friend as a sex doll they may get seman stuck in their fluff from a different male that could rub onto the female during mating. The bath will reduce the time frame since they would be cleaned. Maybe bringing the time down to 8 or 12 hours would be enough.

1 Like

I would hate to have the awkward conversation with my fluffy as to why we have to go through all the trouble when it is meeting it’s special friend.

Given the factors you outlined, the rules make a lot more sense. A little wiggle room might be acceptable, if the stud was bathed recently. I would add in a ( is clause the right word? idk ) clause about asking the females if they’re pregnant.

But all this is me letting my brain fall out my mouth, so feel free to use anything that’s useful. And leave out all the rest.

1 Like