Fluffy Pro Tip (OtherOtherCoraline)

I haven’t made a firm commitment one way or another.

Personally, I LOVE the idea of immobile dams. In my headcanon fluffies were never meant to breed in the wild, so an immobile dam in a Hasbio breeding facility makes perfect sense. It’s not like they would need to move around to avoid danger or hunt for food if they are being taken care of in a breeding facility.

Plus immobilized mares just adds to the patheticness and ineptitude of fluffies. And that’s one of the main tenets of my headcanon: fluffies are pathetic. They can’t fight. They can’t run. They can’t hide. The only thing they CAN do is try to appeal to some form of human decency and ask humans to care for them. Pretty much the only reason fluffies aren’t extinct is because of how fast they breed, they are immune to most pathogens, and the fact that they can communicate verbally with the dominant species on the planet. They are utterly pathetic as they were designed to be toys to teach children responsibilities. They were never meant to forage, hunt, or even escape and evade predators.

But on the other hand, I feel like immobile dams may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back, so to speak. Could fluffies really survive extinction if mares were completely immobile for 1-2+ weeks whenever they got pregnant (which would be often)?

So I’m currently undecided. Periwinkles’ special friend in my “Hugboxer PSA” looks immobile. I drew her with her hooves unable to touch the ground. So I like the look, but I’m not sure I’m gonna incorporate into my headcanon, at least not as a “this is so common that special friends often roll pregnant mares around when they need to move the herd” like I’ve seen in other headcanons (which, again, I LOVE how pathetic those fluffies are, just not sure it fits my headcanon).

And thanks for the questions! It’s not often I get to speak so freely about my headcanon. Usually it’s just bits and pieces expressed in my comics! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

I’ve learned that the axiom “Less is More” is pretty true with fluffy comics. If I end my comics one panel shorter than I’d like, I usually get a better response from readers. If I show everything it robs the reader the chance to come up with their own truly gruesome endings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I’m so happy people actually read the tiny print I put on the poster. I was so worried it would just be an overlooked aspect. The comic was already SUPER text heavy.

Yes! I’m shooting for a world where fluffy suffering occurs not because there is a legion of active abusers (there are some), but just because humans in general do not care enough about a sentient species THEY created because it’s an inconvenience to care. It makes fluffy suffering so much poignant when it’s not caused by malice but rather apathy.

Of course! Hellgremlins are no fun. Angelica is the worst fluffy I’ll ever create, and I consider her a brat more than a smarty. And I just read your HateGoats. PLEEEEASE tell me you’ll write more. Those were amazeballs! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE discussing head cannon too! So glad I can provide that for you!:heart::grin::+1:

Thanks for the other explanations too!

I also picked up on the connecting stories… Grace eating the foals of periwinkle and his special friend… But did special friend die of starvation or just a broken heart…

I also can’t wait to see lil Grace’s babbehs… Will they be deformed due to her wearing that gawd awful dress… So many gears turning in my mind!!!:v::grin::+1:

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

This story can’t end yet! Things were already good before, but clearly they were about to get even better.

1 Like

Your a great artist, can’t wait to see more from you.

1 Like

That my headcanon too, that Fluffies are the kindness and sweetest of creatures, wanting only to spread love and joy, and it rare for Mares to single one of their foals as “wowstes’ babbeh” or “poopie babbeh,” they actually know how to properly raise their young. And Smarties are rare.

And there’s the more common headcanon interpretation of Fluffies’ personality. Where their cutesiness and kind nature is only superficial, they only think of their children as toys and abandoned, neglect, or kill the foals they don’t like the color of. That there entitled brats.

I prefer the former because it is so much more satisfying to hurt something truly innocent.

While the latter, it still fun to abuse, but it probably deserved it.

3 Likes

Its like woah shit! The chain reaction she did damn! :scream: Yaiks! Can imagine the noise those foals chirping for mommy none stop.:persevere:

Seems like an odd way to store babies. Its a Fluffpile, but they can go Splorin and become paste on the floor easily which may send a kid off screaming. Plus, nowhere for the piss and shit to go.

But on the other hand, look at the earthtone pile! A distressingly poor selection of mochaFluffs, but plenty of cabbages.

1 Like

Oh. It just hit me this is the end. I was all like “Yeah you just wait on part 2 when she makes her epic scape, that’ll show y’all”

Very noice

1 Like

1 Like