Fluffy Pro Tip (OtherOtherCoraline)

If a breeding mare has proven she can responsibly raise her young and teach the foals to be responsible young fluffies, then she may avoid the dreaded fate of being converted to a milk-bag. These “promoted” fluffies are known as Nurse-Fluffs and are sold as a foal accessory. A Nurse-Fluff will teach your foal to use the litter, make good poopies and pee-pees, be kind and thoughtful, and even provide milkies until the foal is old enough for solid food. Once the foal is old enough to be independent, the Nurse-Fluffs may become a permanent part of the family or be disposed of as her purpose is complete…

Note: A mare hitting her breaking point and standing up for herself, does not a smarty make. This is just a poor distressed mummah.

fin

Edit: Lol. Just noticed the swollen eye swaps sides in the last panel :crazy_face:

109 Likes

I’m happy that I’m getting better at drawing backgrounds and drawing fluffies in more dynamic, non-standard poses (more than just sitting on haunches, all four legs, huggie-pose, etc.). But I’m a little disappointed with the sorry stick (flail, whip, I don’t know what that is). Feels like it needs more impact with the strikes.

Hopefully I can make improvements in that area next :slight_smile:

Also, sorry for the amount of text in these pictures. Kinda sensory overload.

18 Likes

No! It’s wonderful! I love it when the dialogue sounds natural, like a real conversation. Makes it more believable that these are just normal people with an annoying fucking job and care little for these annoying fucking creatures, besides turning a profit. It’s my favorite kind of fluffy story! Oh, and your art is excellent, of course!

14 Likes

Perfect. This is exactly what happens when capitalism and fluffies interact.

10 Likes

Is it too much to ask for a follow up with the brain dead stallion? :smiley:

15 Likes

Don’t be sorry! It was a great Read.

4 Likes

I´ll second that!

3 Likes

Oof. She fucked up and will live to regret it.

9 Likes

Oh! I love it all… The head cannon the feels… Is that the end of it or is there more to her story?

6 Likes

The text is great. I like it when there is conversation and foreshadowing. It just makes a great piece of art even more immersive.

2 Likes

You know what’s weird? I have never drawn two fluffies enfing before (aside from the Alley Foal and the Fluffy Neckbeard, but that don’t count). That’s like a right of passage for artists. Also, despite all the abuse and sadbox I’ve drawn, this the first Sorry Stick I’ve drawn (I’ve used one, but I borrowed one Carpdime drew). Maybe I should give it a try.

8 Likes

RIp she just had to not scream.

IT’s cute the foals are in little fluffpiles in the bowls.

7 Likes

What angers me about this comic is that the store attendants are really at fault for what happened… but just like humans to not take accountability and blame something or someone else…

They forgot to reset the mare with an electric shock… Or at least not sell the foal you know is hers right in front of her sad little eyes… You wouldn’t do this to a brainless non-speaking animal… But you do this to a sentient talking creature capable of emotions…

Almost all of this wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for their human error… But yet again… Blame the mare, because nothing’s ever your own fault…

I love how these comics point out human faults so perfectly…

4 Likes

Doesn’t exist in my headcanon. Provides too many easy, clean solutions to difficult, messy problems.

Standard practice is not put any Nurse-Fluff on the sales floor until the last of their litter has been sold. As mentioned by the associate who brought the Nurse-Fluff downstairs. Mares may be mortified at their own babbehs finding nyu mummahs and daddehs, but celebrate another mare’s babbehs finding a nyu mummah and daddeh (isn’t that the point, after all? Finding a nice mistah/waddy and getting adopted by a nyu mummah or daddeh who will give you toysies and sketties and huggies?).

Exactly! :smiley: I’m glad you understand. My headcanon is all about injustice and unfairness. Fluffies are the kindest, sweetest, most loving and compassionate creatures ever. But we made them overly cutesey, with worthless stumpy bodies with no good limbs (poor things don’t even have paws, they have worthless hooves), with idiotic lisps and a pathetic vocabulary. Do we look down on them because they are so pathetic or did Hasbio design them to be pathetic so it would be easier for humans to hold the intellectual/physical superiority and pity fluffies due to their perceived “patheticness”? Kinda a chicken-or-the-egg idea there.

Really easy to dehumanize something when it’s so cute it actively pisses you off and has no way of fighting back or even defending itself. All blame goes on fluffies. Fluffy takes brunt of punishment. Humans sleep well at night. Horribly unjust. Yet strangely cathartic for IRL viewers. I guess we’re just gross hypocritical monsters. I won’t deny that about myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 Likes

“Goodbye Bag” xD, my sides. Would love to see one in action :smiley:

And also that’s my favourite comic at the moment, the texts are perfect and the story is great!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the explanation… It helps me to understand your world and head cannon even more… I always love your stories… And your art is so fun and versatile!:heart:

Now that I know more, I can better understand you future works!:v::grin:

Can’t wait to see all your other stuff!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

As far as head cannon goes… I understand completely… In some head cannon, pregnant mares become immobile… In other, they can walk but very slow, up until birth… In mine, it depends on How many foals they are having… 3, you can walk somewhat, 7 + you’re a water balloon with amniotic fluid filler…

I’d love to see how the rest of your cannon matches up!:heart::v::grin::+1:

2 Likes

This is a very interesting concept that I’d like to see explored further and maybe enter the lore! It’s a great idea and it’s been brilliantly executed. My sadistic side would’ve liked to see the end result but it would have been redundant. Congratulations!

2 Likes

That was a true masterpiece of fluffy tragedy! The dialog was perfect in my opinion. No deep-seated hatred or bloody rage, just a normal shop worker who took out his frustration on a faulty product for making his day harder than it needed to be. Like wanting to smack a temperamental household appliance. :smile:

The “biodegradable goodbye-bag” is an awesomely fluffy-specific concept. Such a cutified way of saying “toss this sentient being in the trash when you’re done with it”! :rofl:

Oh, and if you decide to draw the brain-damaged breeding stallion, remember to keep him well-intentioned. When it comes to fluffies, always go for incompetence over malice! :wink:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this one! I’d love to see more

2 Likes

As good as ever! Can’t wait for more!

2 Likes