Fluffy Shelter for the Abused - By LordAnubis (with art by Coalheart) (Fluffybooru id: 6840 - 6842)

8 Likes

Posted here is the greentext that LordAnubis did about Coalheart’s Fluffy Shelter for the Abused.

Coalheart was one of the earliest artists in the fluffy pony fandom. Though he didn’t start in the early 4chan phase, he did join not too long after it was was involved in the huge mega project that was The Fall of Cleveland. A prominent hugboxer, Coalheart also ran a concept known as The Fluffy Shelter for the Abused. The idea was that readers of his tumblr would pitch different ideas for abused fluffies, and Coalheart would draw them as rescued members of his shelter.

The greentext by @LordAnubis covers some of the fluffies that Antoine, a newcomer to the shelter, encounters.

Coalheart stopped drawing from the fluffy pony fandom in 2014. Not too long after that, he stopped being active on his tumblr and deviantart. It is highly likely that he has moved to a new name.

Coalheart’s shelter plays an important role in Chapter 7 of the Sam Adams Guide, which also pays tribute to the concept.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be a better idea posting the story in text form while having the image embedded separately in the text?

I need to find the original text that Lordanubis did. I mean, I am sure it exists, but I am also uploading this as the image LordAnubis himself uploaded to the booru.

That was how a lot of the original greentexts, especially the fall of cleveland were initiall done - greentexts that were then place on an image, then uploaded. A bit more tedious to read, but I feel that the goal of archiving is to archive the work as it was originally presented.

Was it this one?

Usually if a story was uploaded in image form to the booru, there’s usually a plaintext format uploaded either into a pastebin or 4chan (/mlp/) thread so that readers that dislike the image (because of background, font, etc) can still read it.

Yes that would be the one. And I will still upload the greentext as it is. That said, the fluffybooru id was for this image, which is why I uploaded it as it was. I’ll upload another version where its just the text itself.

Back in the original Ponybooru days, you couldn’t upload straight text, it had to be put on an image. Even after migrating to Fluffybooru, I still liked doing the image text thing because it was unique and stood out compared to text posts. I apologize if it makes it hard to read, but my Pastebin still has all the stories!

1 Like