Fluffy Survival Sim help

So, as I’m getting more and more serious about creating this game, I realize that I am going to need help. Help with modeling, rigging, coding, all that jazz. The thing I need the most help for right now, though, is learning Unity. Is there anyone who might be willing to help me learn so I can start churning this thing out?

8 Likes

I know unity.

But if it is coding you need, i can’t help.

I only know visual scripting.

2 Likes

Wtf, you have such a collection of skills edted

2 Likes

Thanks! I like to do a lot of stuff.

4 Likes

Any help is good help. I do have an AI tool that could help me out as well, but first I gotta be able to find the damn thing in all those menus.

2 Likes

I have never used Unity (been working on FluffyBreeder in Godot), though I’m familiar enough with coding in general I can give some advise, but I wouldn’t be able to say much about Unity directly.

From this tutorial (The Ultimate Beginners Guide To Game Development In Unity) the general setup/UI looks very much like Godot.

I’d recommend looking for any recent tutorial videos to get an idea of where things are in the UI and what the bits all do.

1 Like

I’ll look into it after work today, thanks. And I love your game, it’s fairly fun and easy. How did you get the foals to take on their parents’ colors, I’d like to try and implement something similar in my game.

1 Like

Genes:
OG design document : Fluffy Genetics - Google Docs

Current Godot gene code: Fluffy-Breeder-Rebuild/Genome.gd at main · eidalac/Fluffy-Breeder-Rebuild · GitHub

Biggest tip I can give - as much as I’m bad and hate it, you will save yourself SO MUCH pain in the long run if you sit down and make a design document - write down everything you want in the game, how it works, what it looks like, etc.

Before you do any coding, have a plan.

I did that for the genetics in fluffy breeder but not the rest, which is why I’ve hit a stall out in the rebuild after I got the genetics setup.

3 Likes

You ain’t bad at all, man. If it’s just you working on it, of course it’s gonna be hard. You want any feedback, just let me know.

2 Likes

ATM it’s more a lack of inspiration/plan - I have 0 clue how I want the game to play/look/feel past the genetic stuff.

1 Like

Well, it looks pretty good as it is right now, and feels fine as well, so probably best to currently focus on the play. Perhaps a random name generator for fluffies weanling and up?

I would offer my 3d modeling skills but my models are more like statuettes and 8m not sure they are riggable.

In case you are interested in using visual scripting instead of traditional code, I can help with that.

In a nutshell, visual scripting is coding but much easier.

Also, if you need help with using unity, I can definitely help with that! I am rather familiar with using it.

Oh, and I think there is one thing you should know about unity: it isn’t very “beginner friendly”. It will most likely take some time to learn to use it.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like