Fluffy Tabletop Session?

First post on here and first things first I’m a massive table top geek. I just wanted to gauge interest on if anyone here would want to try a fluffy based game. I’ve got experience with Dungeons and dragons 3rd edition through 5th, the G.U.R.P.S system, ponyfinder, pathfinder and a couple other minor tabletop role playing games. I’d love to try running something and want to know if there’s interest, what system people prefer, and if there’s a preferred platform; i.e. Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, etc…

Even if you’re new and have never played a tabletop I’m willing to help guide you through the rules and character creation. :smiley:

I use discord most frequently and I set up a link if anyone wants to join that.

8 Likes

Number one rule would have to be, no saving rolls for fluffy characters! Heh.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that just basically be Nuzlock Tomb Of Horrors or Temple Of Elemental Evil, except everything is palette-swapped to be just as dangerous but presented as a mundane modern world?

3 Likes

You and I can jam. :heart:
Eternal DM here
You ever use Roll20?

3 Likes

I’m thinking 13+ Difficulty Checks at minimum

1 Like

Depends on the system and how wall bitingly stupid the players play their fluffies lol

1 Like

I have but I’m not a particular fan just because I’m a walk and talk dungeon master; I like to be outside and walking to stimulate blood flow to my brain.

2 Likes

It’s not super great but sadly I don’t get out much.
It’s helpful for long distance gaming.

1 Like

If I might: while I won’t play (time, schedule, already GM’ing D&D, etc), I’d argue that maybe a narrative system would work best. Fate Accelerated Edition might be good enough in a pinch, plus its free/pay-what-you-want. I’d say Cortex Prime, but that’s a $60 book.

Might also want to see what games do well as play-by-post and do a game here.

Or you could just go insane and use HERO 5th Edition Revised. It’d be like building a sandcastle with naval shipyard.

4 Likes

Isn’t there an MLP RPG you could just start adding fucked up rules to?

I know WizKids just made MLP minis alongside the Magic: The Gathering Kaldheim and generic siege ones.

1 Like

True; I haven’t looked into it in depth myself but I have herd (haha) about it. It may be worth a good look.

1 Like

My sister in law gave me the whole set of those as a joke for Christmas. The priming isn’t the best, but it was fun enough painting Pinkie Pie. That said, the water-slide decals kind of sucked. Or I suck at applying them. Both are possible.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of fate or cortex; but hero might be worth a look if there’s common interest but at that point I feel like GURPS could work just as well

1 Like

I’ve always heard GURPS is fairly deadly, which isn’t necessarily bad, but I think the scaling would be hard. The big thing is if everyone has a copy of the rules then its easier to run.

I tried running Pathfinder with no player buy-in for the books and such. It was suuuuch a pain. Hence me suggesting free stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Riverhorse studios did an mlp rpg. you might also look at Laserponies.
WoD:Innocents or Monsters and Other Childish Things might also work with some modification.

SLAP Miniatures used to have a really good line of pony minis. I’m not sure if they’re still available.

3 Likes

Yeah, I picked up some. The mold lines are not removed, making the priming pointless unless you’re practicing or just putting minis on the table quickly.

Flashless models would be the real time saver. Plus, everyone is doing Zenithal these days anyway.

2 Likes

Hrm… maybe folks with a bit of experience. I didn’t start doing zenithal priming for a while. I’m under the impression most beginners are being steered to Contrast Paints and similar products.

BUT I DIGRESS!

1 Like

I did propose the idea of Little Fears a while back. I think its free nowadaystoo.

There’s also Nerdy City’s Omnisystem. They made it so they could make all the big 80’s IPs without copyrights required basically. I backed Commandroids which is all the mecha stuff with Transformers at its core, as I recall He-man/Thundercats and the like already came out and the She-ra/MLP one was either right before or right after Commandroids.

I also know Elfquest had a stable RPG. That might work pretty well, since humans are fairly dangerous in it but it isn’t insta-death since clever players can escape and even fuck them up with patience and planning.

1 Like

Well … i don’t really know if that’s in the topic … but … I’ve already thought about some kind of RPG with Fluffies on the scenary, and since everyone is talking about it i’ll do it too.

So, is anyone familliar with the World of Darkness? Pentex specifically?

So, for those unaware of Werewolf the Apocalypse (World of Darkness), Pentex is a Megacorp hellbent on destroying and raping earth so it can bring the Wyrm (some kind of evil god) into the world. They aren’t simply doing it for profit (Albeight it’s a good parcel of what they’re doing) They’re also doing it with the objective of pollute earth.
The werewolves mostly need to try to destroy Pentex, but many aren’t even aware of it, due to shady room dealings between Pentex and shallow companies. (Say, a medium-sized company gets a bit above it’s head, Pentex will try to buy it and use it’s name for the products they’re trying to sell)

Okay, so now we are on the same page, let’s speak about their role in all of this?

Pentex basically has Hasbro (they’ve basically founded it in universe) and they’ve got into the moneymaker that’s MLP and are aware of the boatloads of cash the parents and collectors spend on Fluffies. Also, they have the technology to do Fluffies. So, they’ve start developing. Some scientists OFC, aren’t even aware of Pentex’s true objective, Raping earth.
PETA is also funded by Pentex subsidiaries/shallow companies. (And there are Black Spiral dancers operatives on it) so it can make the people that try to help the envoiriment (mostly pets in this case) look really bad. Heck, they’ve even use some of their female operatives ex-sex workers to make “charity sex videos” basically.
So, PENTEX through their operatives inside PETA (and believe me, there it was maybe some people that were good intentioned in it) leaked the videos and documentaries of the genetic experiments (Some of them were actually well made …) conducted on attack on their very own labs.
The attack was actually at the bad time for the scientists, but at the perfect time for Pentex’s reasoning. The scientists that could make the fluffies better and more efficient were actually killed in this attack, Those whom survived were mostly those aware of the biology on a more macro level to the needs (Such as food, nutrition information, e.t.c. But no genetic DNA awareness to modify, got it ?)
Then, when the fluffies were released on the wild, and started to breed, Pentex also tried to market them as good cutesy things (Through Hasbro/Hasbio and their lots of channels) And right after, the toys and food.
This. Made. PENTEX’S money go to the ROOF.
And when the Garou Nation saw it (they weren’t aware mostly because they were enjoying the winning on the laboratories) many elders decided to declare that Fluffies are Wyrm tainted to the roof. That’s one of the reasons many fluffies do not survive too long on the wild. However, cities were another thing entirely.
You see, since Werewolves are a dying breed, they couldn’t kill every pigeon. Untill of course, Cleveland. This was declared an complete failure of all of the Garou Nation. The Glass walkers particularly were ashamed of it because it was on their grasp. And the Wendigo were ballistic, and were one of the biggest supporters of the laws agaisnt fluffies.

About Pentex? Well, their profits went over the roof. They own HasBIO, they own FluffTV, and so much more … They control the Fluffy life thorough money, and don’t even try to hide it.

About Vampires

All Vampires that couldn’t escape Cleveland went into Torpor on the grounds of the city. The elders that were trying to escape though? Right into the Middle east.
The Sabbat doesn’t care about Fluffies, Except if you are an Toreador, then you are an abuse boxer.
The Tzimice were envolved with some deal of the project, but they weren’t too neck deep to see werewolves or pentex’s hand.
The malkavians try to see divination on it. Just like romans trusted them to open the chest of them and see their guts to see the future, Malkavians now do the same.
The Tremere think they’re some kind of gargoyle.
The Ventrue think they’re trash.
The Lasombra think they’re some kind of ghouls for humans Oh look, an tutu-for-tutus.
The Brujah think they’re for the elities, so, hate them.

Everyone agrees their blood taste like shit. Don’t drink fluffy blood kiddos.

About Changelings

At first, more hope, But then, more nightmares. Since fluffies got a lot thrown into the street, Changelings are getting more and more nightmares recently. Cleveland is like walking on cold iron.

About Wraiths

Those whom were hitten the hardest, after Fluffies got dying and without their mission fulfilled, their souls are still walking, searching for some way of completing it. Since they’re so stupid, they never will get enlightened, so, every fluffy you kill is an wandering soul waiting for the Oblivion.

However, this was good news for the Dark Kingdoms, they’ve got influx of new material!

About Mages

The traditions accuse the Technocracy of inventing them. A claim they deny with all their heart.

1 Like

The Mythic System is pretty good for more story focused adventures, and can be played solo.

It tries to flow like a book/movie would.

It mainly consists of you rolling on an odds chart to see what happens (when you want the story to be up to odds).

You can pay for it here: