Foalout 4 – Sanctuary Hills – Chapter 37 – Lothmar

Heading down the stairwell to the lower levels of the vault Johnson remembered the last time they had been there. A pleasant memory of absolutely smoking everyone’s previous record on the simulator. If not for their power armor Johnsons senses would have been assaulted by the powerful battling scents of shit, chlorine and abraxo. Many voices echoed to his left. Not seeing or hearing any activity to the right johnson headed towards the simulation chamber only stopping at the second room for a moment.

“Come one S2 you need the exercise. S4 and S5 like it.” A labcoated figure added annoyed as they gesture to the pair of fluffies already at work running on their treadmills. Much slimmer then S2 though who grumpily replied.

“Nu wike dummeh wunny tingie. Wan mowe sketties. Nao!” The Nao was delayed almost like the smarty had considered not being such a douche but realized they needed to make their quota.

The labcoat technician sighed. “You were doing so much better too S2.” They extended a baton from their pocket.

“No! S2 wun, S2 wun~ MUNSTAH!” The technician was annoyed not realizing that someone was behind them yet.

“I’ll show you a monster you fuchsia fucker! “ They added with a crack of the stick near the end of the treadmill as S2 ran to the front of it to avoid the blow.

“Munstah?” S4 and s5 commented checking over their shoulders and as if they had linked up their fear all three fluffies simultaneously began shitting as if making themselves lighter would help them escape. “BWUE MUNSTAH SCREEE~” “Pwease Nu huwt S5! Am good fwuffy~” S5 added realizing they weren’t getting anyway and jumped off the side unplugging themselves.

“What blue~” no sooner had they begun to utter this did they hear the steps of the power armor enter and the door being closed. They turned around baton in hand, shit rapidly pooling behind their heels from the machine behind them. They kicked gasping as they were lifted by the neck by the power armor gauntlet.

“Im in a forgiving mood… Put down the baton.” You add in a ‘you really think that things gonna even work on me in this thing?’ They promptly complied. S4 eventually joined S5 cowering in the corner, S2 would join them last after rolling off the back of their treadmill into a pile of their ‘no smell pwetties’. You mostly ignored them for the moment.

You turned so you wouldn’t be setting them down in the shit, which was a bit difficult. “There are only three of thirteen of you left based on the terminal check in. Answer enough questions to my satisfaction and you’re free to head to the elevator. If you can escape and avoid the patrols on the surface I suggest you get out of the railroad game and live a good long life.” You meant it.

They could tell you meant it. “What do you want to know?” The add adjusting their collar.

“Is your cell in this commonwealth bigger then 18 members? You don’t need to include sympathizers or passive agents.” You add dryly.

“No.” He says somewhat nervously pacing over to comfort the fluffies in the corner to try and get them to stop screaming. You allowed it but slung your kiloton radium rifle into passive position that you could execute all of them with a single shot if they tried something funny.

“Very good… To your knowledge, are there multiple cells in the commonwealth.”

“. . .No comment.” They add knowing you probably wouldn’t let them answer with silence.

“Interesting.” You add taking that as a yes. “I take it you wont reveal any of he current safehouses then?”

“Correct.”

“Shame. Who is your supplier from the institute?” You add casually checking your weapon since it had been recently thrown to ensure there was no damage that would inhibit its use.

“Director Johnson.” He adds in a tone that one could imagine a pants grab emoji they refused to express visually through such an action.

“Funny, I don’t remember supplying a component scanner to the railroad.” Their face came with a sudden realization.

“Shit, you’re still doing field work?”

“When it’s interesting.” Johnson chuckles in reply. “I wont keep you any longer then. Leave the smarties and good luck.”

The mans face was conflicted only for a moment long enough to notice one of the smarties call him a ‘dummeh’ while telling them not to leave them alone with the ‘munstah’. He callously pushed S2 aside and into the S4 and 5 who had kept them at weggies length due to them being stinky and still dripping with shit. The trio angrily scuffled while trying to separate and inflict pain as the lab tech approached and then exited the door eyeing the gun following him as he made his way to the stairway up. A look on his brow said ‘We will defeat you.’ Before they turned and rushed up the stairs. You sealed the doors right as the smarties approached and S5 bonked their snout.

“Owies. Why doow be meanie?”

“Allright fluffies, who wants spaghetti?” You add casually taking out a teleporter grenade.

The trio argued about who would be the first to receive the fabled ambrosia. “Just touch the toy and you’ll be taken to a place that will get you cleaned up with a safe room and spaghetti.” You add in a monotone as you activate the grenade curiously and drop it. All three smarties lead upon the grenade.

~Target locked.~
~commencing teleport~

The group vanished in a flash. “Huh, that actually worked.” Johnson added having expected to see two thirds of each fluffy left behind or only one vanishing. The trio arrived together. Unfortunately each grenade was designated to a single cubbie cage and the three arrived cramed together. They complained for a moment until they saw the remains of the railroad agent beging carted out and a Gen 1 hosing out the blood. If a Gen 1 could show an annoyed expression this one did and promptly turned the spray of water onto the three shit smeared smarties who balled about ‘bad wawa’.

Johnson opened the door and proceeded to their right towards the sound of the voices he could still hear from the simulation shooting range. The door way was open with a clear plastic baby gate equivalent blocking the lower portion of the doorway. The room had been made to look slightly less ‘vandalized’ and rough, a few of the more obvious ramshackle dangers having been picked up and put away which gave a more ‘settlement’ vibe. He caught the end of a ‘simulation’ and the projections of people also had speakers that seemed to be playing certain lines of dialogue as they were qued from the individual stepping away from the console as it ended.

A brunette woman with their hair in a bun wearing a lab coat and overalls partially lowered themselves with their arms around their knees while standing on their feet. “All of you are doing much better, save for Subject one.” She adds a small ‘huff’ coming from a nearby box. “Subject three, remember your please and thank you’s when asking for something.”

“Sowwy not mummah…” the blue Pegasus fluffy added insincerely rolling their eyes.

“Subject six you need to remember to ask where you can make good poopies, those were bad poopies and what do we say about bad poopies?”

“Bad poopies no smell pwetty on daddehs fwoow?” The patterned green fluffy added uncertain if they remembered correctly.

“That’s right. And we don’t want our mothers or fathers to get mad at us and throw us out of the house while the institute is looking for us do we?”

“No mam!” Came the collective response from the fluffies.

“That’s a shame.” Johnson added having accidentally kicked over the gate but was leaning over to put it back in place.

“MUSTAH!”
“Wun way!” The fluffies scattered into the ruin.

The woman returns to a standing pose with a much greater degree of calm then the last man. “Director Johnson I presume?”

The power armor beeped and johnson ejected from his power armor using it as a blockade for the doorway. After removing the fusion core he proceeded over. “Seems my reputation procedes me. The pleasure is mine, mrs?”

“Agent Place and that’s Miss by the way.” She adds holding her clipboard in front of her chest.

“Im surprised anyone could misplace someone like you. Their loss though.” Johnson added with a smirk presenting his hand for a shack when he herd her muffle a slight snort.

“So few people care about the formalities so that’s actually the first time I’d heard that kind of joke.” She adds shaking Johnsons hand.

“I don’t enjoy killing women and I’d like to spare you an interrogation.” Johnson added assuming they’d be against changing sides. “So if you answer a few questions to my satisfaction you can proceed to the elevator with our associate that’s already left and can try and slip past the patrols.” She eyes beyond you with a look of ‘that coward’.
“I noticed in the log they mentioned detecting teleportation… Care to elaborate?” Johnson added with a cocked eyebrow.
“unfortunately not my field of expertise director. I was retasked from passive agents because they needed people with ‘child care experience’.” She adds making airquotes. “I thought they had child synths not these…” She sighs. “They’re rewarding in their own way though. . . At least some of them are.” She added as a series of muffled snorts and words came from the box in the corner.

“You should meet some of the normal ones or even good ones. And the foals, sweeter than fancy lads snack cakes.” Johnson added pleasantly reminiscing about his own pets.

“ . . .Foals?” Her face looked like she had just put some things together.

“Yep, everything works. Synths that can make synths, crazy world.” Johnson chuckled.

“How small we talking? How many in a litter~” She proceeded to barrage johnson with queries.

“Easy there agent place. If you’re really interested, we could use some more staff in everything from nursery to daycare. I’ll even offer my authority as protection that your debriefing will be hands off.” Johnson watched her as she paused to consider this. “I don’t think you’re a zealot. Three hots and not a cot, an honest to goodness bed. Central air and the water pressure on the showers, is amazing.” He stopped himself from saying ‘to die for’ as he slowly walked around her, his eyes glancing along her back and shoulders down. . . Checking for concealed weapons~ yes… “All these and more fringe benefits complimentary in addition to the pay.”

“. . .Can I think about it?”

“Sure. I can ask my other questions to the last of you. Just wait by elevator up and I’ll be up in a few minutes.” Johnson added getting in his power armor after putting in the core to clear the doorway before stepping aside. As she began to pass him she paused as he spoke. “Agent place. . .This offer was not extended to your associate so don’t make it for me if they’re waiting.”

“He’s probably long gone knowing him but thanks for the heads up.” She adds walking with a little more concern in her body language. After a short game of hide and seek where Johnson was forced to flush fluffies out from cover or throwing teleportation grenades into obvious hiding spots all of the smarties were accounted for. After walking outside Johnson looked up at the one way mirror panel above and waved before proceeding back to the airlock room.

On the way out Johnson paused looking at the coursers who no longer had their protective coats and their pistols were missing. “That’s my fault. Smart of them though.” Johnson adds aloud in an approving tone. Upon reaching the airlock room they moved the boxes out of the way and proceeded in and then up the stairs. Upon turning left at the top of the stairs there sat a man staring over tented hands at him.

“This vaults setup must be handy for observing smarties unseen and allowing your rehab team to work as if they’ve got eyes everywhere.”

“It’s a living…” Their eyes flashed wide assuming they’d be questioned and released like the others until their head exploded in a bunch of gory pulp.

“Bad choice of words kid.” Johnson added heading back down to the elevator. Did he regret not actually asking the questions he wanted. Sure. Was he growing bored and really wanted to kick Ayo’s ass asap? Also yes.

There at the elevator waiting for him was Agent place now wearing the sleak courser armor with the weapon holstered. “I saw jeff had taken a pair and felt like I might get shot.”

“A decent disguise for sneaking by more basic synths,” Johnson added holding out his hand for the pistol. “If you’re worried about getting shot I’ll be right back after making sure the exit is clear then.” Feeling somewhat relieved she placed her trust in him and Johnson went up the elevator.

The man was on his knees in the courser uniform desperately trying to get the door mechanism to work through a manual override that existed for those without pip boys. They looked over as the Blue butcher had already made its way over with the coursers energy pistol at the ready.

“Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where you’re kneeling it must seem like an eighteen carrot run of bad luck.” As Johnson said this their offhand produced a wrapped parcel and dropped it on the floor and it partially unwrapped itself revealing a missing part from the sabotaged manual override. “The truth is. The game was rigged from the start.” And as he said this the laser stretched out and slammed into the mans temple and they particulated into dust.

2 Likes

Shout out to Fallout: New Vegas! :sunglasses:

1 Like