Foalout 4 - Sanctuary Hills chapter 4 - Lothmar

((Got started late and need to prep for house sitting this week so had to cut this chapter short. Institute shenanigans start next chapter.))

“No wike institute. Too many pointy hurties.” Durum added reluctantly.

“Babbeh’s too wittle, no wan them hab heawt hurties by meanies that gib bad upsies when mummah’s say not too.” Daisy added with a sniffle giving him the puppy dog eyes.

“I see. Then no worries, you can stay here till I get back then. But we may still need to visit the institute when your foals are a little older. The shots, er pointies are probably medicine to help keep your children healthy since the commonwealth can be cruel and unforgiven place with lots of disease and radiation.”

“Wadiation?” The two added cocking heads at you but both in opposite directions towards each other.

“It’s something unseen that makes you feel sick and can give you forever sleepies if there’s too much of it.”

“Scawy.” Daisy added hugging her foals who began peeping and chirping sensing their mothers nervousness.

“Don’t worry little one, Sanctuary Hills is clean. So long as you eat the food and drink the water daddy or the nice robots provide and occasionally get cleaned up you’ll have nothing to worry about.”

“Wike wickie cweanies?” Durum added as he began to groom his nervous mate to calm her.

“Sort of. But daddy and robots usually use water or the decontamination sprayers.”

“Wawa bad fow fwuffies.” The two responded almost in unison. This surprised you given how close to the creek that had nested. But they certainly didn’t seem overly athletic or tall so maybe it was an issue of being able to swim?

“Well it certainly can be dangerous sometimes but bath times can be fun too. But we’ll save that for later. Alright, lets get someone to watch you.” You add walking away and signaling Handy 2 to follow you to the garage and the robot assembly machine.

Swapping out your sunglasses for Liams glasses you proceeded to put on your Orange division heads lab coat and the captains hat and got to crafting. “Hmm, the exhaust might have affixation dangers or fire issues to something so fluffy and treads are a little too dangerous. Lets go with Assaultron legs. In fact, lets go full assaultron for the humanoid feel. Edit the proportions slightly for a more feminine appearance and a female voice for comfort.” When it came to paint you were torn, you were tempted to give an institute white paintjob to try and have them associate the institute with pleasant interactions but he also knew that there were some bad apples amongst the institute.

“Pink it is. Hmm…” You pondered what if any extras to add. A sensor array would be good for general precaution and observance, a resistance field would be an ounce of prevention approach and a regeneration field would help if there’s an issue while you were away. “Sensor array.” You eventually decide noting that the regeneration field could also be bad if an injury was healed without being set properly.

“Done. Now to program the rules for enforcement.”
1: Use the designated restroom area. – If poop and pee outside of the bathroom area and is reported to unit for cleanup give stern warning. If poop and pee outside of the bathroom area and detected before reported then tell them it’s bad and daddy will punish on return ; Set 60 second delay from incident (to give time to report) before execution. If subject is excessively belligerent about punishment a light swat to the rump is authorized.
2: No bad language. – Give warning to subjects if they say words on the filter list and report usage. Inform them you will be told as deterrent. If Events total more than 5 in the same hour a light swat to the rump is authorized.
3: Assault (sexual or otherwise) – If threats or physical altercations occur (sexual or otherwise) separate the parties involved. Place offender in crate marked X next to designated restroom area. Timeouts start at 15 minutes and compound in length for number of times sent each day. If physical injuries are caused a light swat to the rump is authorized for the aggressor.
4: No stealing. – Units are to be scolded if they take something from another unit that was not dispensed to them ; in event of authorized sharing from the first party ignore second party. If repeated thefts occur separate the parties involved. Place offender in crate marked X next to designated restroom area. Timeouts start at 15 minutes and compound in length for number of times sent each day. If thefts after the first occur in 24 hour period a light swat to the rump is authorized for the offender with the amount increasing with each incident.
5: Breeding – No breeding is to occur without authorization from owner. Punishments will be decided on by owner.
6: Perimeter – No leaving the limits of Sanctuary hill as designated by the walls and hedges. Going outside without permission of owner is bad ; Retrieve unit and return to nest site and issue stern warning if occurs.

“That should be ok for now. I’ll edit them if needed. Just need to whitelist their appearance for the turrets and we’ll be good to go.” You add grabbing a few bandana from the cabinet. You take off Liams glasses and put on a set of road goggles and eye your institute paint job X-1 power armor. “I’ll be back for you. Nanny, come.” You add leaving the garage as the freshly refabricated assaultron nanny follows you.

You pick up a storage crate from against the wall and put a slight fabric bedding on the bottom to prevent potential splitters and proceed back to the tree. You set the crate down and label an X with a marker on it before proceeding to take a few rocks nearby, wiping them down and placing them in a square box formation for now to designate the area.

“Ok you two, this is Nanny. She’ll be keeping an eye on you while Daddy is at work.”

“Nyu fwiend?” The two add curiously, Durum taking the lead and exiting the nest to come examine.

“Affirmative.” The assualtron added cocking its eye down. Durum flinched slightly and walked back to the nest.

“Nanny these are your wards, you are to protect them and provide food and water for them periodically as I’ve programmed. Keep them entertained and play with them if requested within reason. Is that understood.” The lone survivor added in a serious tone.

“Yes Sir.” The sultry programmed voice responded.

“Excellent. Now then time to go over the rules with you. I realize the foals may be too young to follow some of them so try your best to be responsible for them and teach them as they get older if im not around to do so.”

“First. Poop and pee inside the designated area over there.” You added gesturing to the marked rocks. “It will be cleaned up as needed by the robots. Going poop or pee outside these area will result in a warning or potential punishment if it continues to occur. Please tell nanny if your foals make a mess outside of it and they’ll clean if up if you dont. Understood?”

“Good poopies and peepees ober dere? Whewe witterbox?” Daisy added confused. You seemed just as confused.

“You, use litterboxes? . .Huh. For now use the area, we’ll make it a proper litter box later if needed.”
“Otay!” They say in unison with a single peep from each of the foals.

“Rule two. No naughty language. Speak politely to eachother and myself and we’ll get along just fine. Understood?”
“Otay!” They say in unison again the foals not seeming to chime in this time.

“Rule three, no violence except in self-defense. Nanny and I will enforce this as needed. When the foals are older practice fighting may be authorized with supervision of myself or nanny. Understood?”
“Otay!” They say in unison again.

“Rule four, No stealing. If you take things that aren’t provided to you without permission that’s bad. If you want something that someone else has you will need to ask them politely and they will need to agree to give it to you. Understand?”
“Otay!” They say in unison again.

“Rule five, no more foals without daddy’s permission.” You pause as Durum holds up their hoof “Yes durum?”
“Wha’ if Durum hab speciaw wump hurties?” They asked as if that somehow excused them. “Special Lumps? . . Oh, your~ uhm…” I guess they cant really just go crank it when frustrated. “Still no. I’ll find something to help with that though but that’ll be when I get back. You’ll be good till tomorrow right?” You add pondering if you needed to get the rubber gloves.
“Durum be otay for few mowe bwight times.” The little horn dog replied. “Lovely…” You eyed Daisy who seemed reluctant but she was not voicing a concern rattling around in her head so you let it be.

“And the last rule for now. Don’t leave Sanctuary without Daddy’s permission.” You add gesturing to the fences and hedges. “Don’t go beyond the walls and hedges, otherwise you are free to explore the grounds with Nanny. Understood?”
“Yus daddy.” They nod one final time as the alicorn lets out a slight ‘meep’ sound.

“Then I’ll leave you to it. Stay safe.” You add waving goodbye as the two wave their hooves in response. You take a picture of the two and then proceed to upload their picture to the turret white list.

You return to the garage and pack a clean Fedora, The dapper gent top hat, a set of patrolman sunglasses, Your ballistic weave Military fatigues and Gunners camo bandanna in case you need to do field work after going to the institute. You trigger your power armor and get in to your Institute white X-01 power armor. You adjust yourself to a comfortable position and stop to look at yourself in the mirror and make sure the Generals Tricorn hat which you magnetized to the top of the helmet was centered. You nod and step outside before vanishing in a ~THWOK~ of thunder and light as you teleport to the institute.

9 Likes

Been looking forward to more about the sole survivor, Daisy and Durum. It even had me return to play Fallout 4 myself and getting a little disappointed not finding fluffies in the game despite knowing fully well there are none. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Time for the mods. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I play on PS4 and can’t be arsed with mods or creation club so no such luck. But I can still find creatures almost equally accident prone and silly as fluffies. Raiders and super mutants are not too far off most of the time. :wink:

3 Likes