Foalout 4 - Sanctuary hills, Chapter 7 - Lothmar

You open your power armor and wipe down the insides just in case there was a lingering stink and proceed to pick up your supplies and ponder where you wanted to teleport. You decide to head to the teleportation embarkment pad itself if only cause you wanted to make sure everything entered correctly since you’d be doing a long-distance transmission. Upon punching in the coordinates to the Far harbor relay the institute had established since your last visit to reclaim the escaped community for the institute you disappeared in a ~thwok~ as the system wound up and sent you to the receiver end.

After a short jaunt and a couple of conflicts with the local wildlife the sole survivor eventually found themselves at the docks of far harbor and to the fish monger.

“Can I get two cod please.”
“Two what?”
“Cod.”
“You mean fish?”
“. . .” You stare through them silently from your power armor. “Yes, that kind.” You add pointing.
“Oh, brown fish gotcha.” They add moving the fish to the scale.
“Just out of curiosity, what do you call that one?” You add pointing to another type of brown fish.
“Other brown fish. . .”
“And that one?”
“Blue fish.”
You sighed to yourself. Apparently, this seller didn’t know what any of the fish were actually called and just sorted them by similar appearance.
“What?”
“Nothing.” You added exchanging a stim pack for the fish. “No actually it’s going to bug me… Are you willing to learn the names of the fish you sell?”
“Wha? Heh, that’s funny. You think fish go around calling each other by name or something in blub blub?” You felt your eye twitch violently.

“Creatures have names to identify them. You know radstags right?” “Yeah.” “Gulpers.” “Yeah.” “Mirelurks.” “Yeah.” “Cod.” “That’s fish.” “It’s the type of fish. Like how mirelurks and mirelurk kings are different.” “. . . No.”

You had to restrain your hand from grabbing him by the shirt and hauling into the air. “How much.”
“Excuse me?” He replied as you took the paper wrapped fish.
“How many caps do I need to pay you to study marine life and learn the names of the seafood you sell.”
“Heh, mr what do’ou think I am some kind of Fish monger?”
“Yes!”
“Is that what this job is called?”
“Please, either change professions or let me pay you and provide you the means to study this so I don’t turn you into chum to fish with.” You add coldly and with bit of menace.
“Jeeze, fine. Uhm one tou’sand caps.”
“Is that really what your life is worth to you?” You inquire curiously. “Nah, maybe two hundred.”

You were gob smacked that the man before you implied a little bit of effort to educate himself was worth four times his own life. He didn’t know if he respected or despised him but regardless he felt strong enough not to barter here.

You walk away and visit every stall and business in the harbor ensuring you have enough physical caps to weigh around this mans neck like an albatross. You weren’t about to waste the electricity to teleport a few times just to collect the caps when he could barter with the goods on his person and between the shops with some creative trading. You made a few inquiries among the other people in the harbor to ensure that this wasn’t an actual thing among all the people here and sure enough those he talked to could identify the fish by name so it was just this person.

Walking up to the fish stand you take out a metal collar. “I’ll return once a month to ensure you’re studying. You will be tested three months from now and if you cant answer at least half of the general questions I pose to my satisfaction I’ll be taking back eight hundred of this and your corpse can keep the remainder.” You add tossing the sack over the top of the stall and into his chest. He catches it but topples back near the edge of the dock and would have fallen in if you weren’t still holding onto the end of the bag. You give a light tug to pull them back over as you apply the explosive collar. “Remove that at your own peril. Do not try and run, im with the institute and I. Will. Find. You.” You add releasing the bag and walking towards the gates. When you kept well over a million caps in storage and had investments across the entire commonwealth and beyond you could afford to waste money on principle.

“Plenty of people you can study with around here.” You add with a wave to the mariner who has come out with a few books as you gesture to the man carrying the sack and they nod.

Proceeding back through the island you return to the institute and then to Sanctuary hills.

You put the fish in your garage refrigerator and the parcel away for later. You Go to a different warehouse where a house once stood and thumb through the boxes until you come across the Giddyup buttercup parts you’re looking for. You take that and some gazelle hide and a few components and head back to your workshop.
You strip out the body and add in the collection tank with a small energy cell and parts to siphon it into the container. Add a sensor module to detect spunk and have it activated thirty seconds after the input is closed. Thankfully you had constructed a similar input before after salvaging some synth components, you felt too weird after using it once to ever use it again but at least it’d get another chance at life. And yes you cleaned it before reinstalling it.

You make some modifications to the tail so it could tilt up and wasn’t in a static location. You contemplated simply removing it or cropping it but you’d see if they could use it properly first. You then applied the mildly fuzzy hide to the exterior and bam, Fluffy sex aid.
You exit the garage with the apparatus under your armor and pause as you round the corner.

Taking suggestions for what the sole survivor returns to. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Durum and Daisy attempting coitus interruptus and failing miserably? Special huggies but no more foals in their minds but… well… fluffies have a weak pull-out game I reckon. And since their nice human has been away for many forevers in their minds they must think that if they don’t make foals then no harm no foul, right? :wink:

3 Likes

It’s been 1ike 6 hours! xD (but yes, many many forebahs)

p1us nanny’s watching and I dont know if f1uffy’s cou1d think up a creative/1ong enough distraction…

2 Likes

Anything beyond two minutes are many forevers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They might’ve gotten the idea that the babbehs needed to be looked after while they go make poopies and then behind the tree out of nanny’s view… well… They may be a few fries short of a happy meal but fluffies can be surprisingly creative when horny. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is insane how good you Write! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Ugh, figures. Bring a spare keyboard home and I start getting shivers after dinner.

Fe1t a bit better after a shower but I definet1y wi11 be hudd1ed up a11 of tonight.

Curse you for un1eashing monkey pocks WEF/Bi11 gates!

1 Like