Foalout 4 - Sanctuary Hills Chapter 8 - Lothmar

As the lone survivor rounded the corner he stopped and took in the scene before him. Nanny the assaultron had managed to somehow phone booth four unidentified fluffies into the sorrybox ; one of which was upside down.

Otherwise littered around the area were half or more perforated, exploded, or disintegrated corpses from various turret crossfire. Durum huddled defensively around daisy in the entrance of the tree hollow as if shielding her from the scene before you.

“Nanny. Report…” You add in an exasperated tone as the robot turns its attention to you and walks in your direction.

“Time out box is insufficient for high quantity observation missions.” Nanny replied matter of factly.

“Not that, this… What happened?” You add gesturing to what you think were at least 6 bodies in various states of destruction.

“Playing now. . .~click~
Dis smawty wand nao!

Hewwo? Dis daddies wand, nu be meanies pwease.

Pfft nu see nu daddeh su smawty do what smawty wan’.

Halt, Identify yourselves.

~random chatter of awe and fear from numerous voices~

Toughies, gib metaw wady wowstest huwties! An ‘ou gib smawty pwetty mawe an’ babbehs ow gib huwties~ screeee.

Duwum pwotect famiwy!

Wets see how 'ou daddeh feew when 'ou make bad poopies ebewywhewe. ~A series of pattering feet run in various directions followed by a series of splurtts~

“Vandalism detected!”
~Que chaotic sounds~
~click~

“I see… So this one was a smarty eh?” You add curiously. “Nanny get the other handies to clean up and get the bodies to my workshop as soon as possible. Take that box to the garage and guard it till I relieve you.”

“Understood.” Nanny added leaning in to pick up the box of toughies who were having trouble breathing packed in like sardines.
You take a cloth sack out of your bag and cover the smarties remains before Slavic squatting in front of the tree hollow. You place the marital aid to the side of the tree for now.

“You two doing alight?”

“Yus, just wittwe scawedy.” Durum added standing up and making his way over to his owner as an excuse to survey the area now that it was quiet.

“Daddeh’s toughies su woud when gibin’ huwties. . .” Daisy added with a pause realizing something now that her mind wasn’t consumed in fear. “Sowwy babbehs make scawedy poopies in nestie.”

“Well they had good reason to be scared so I forgive them. Im glad you remembered the rules despite the situation.” You add with a mild pat for each of them. “How about you tell daddy about the rest of your day?” You say shifting to a proper seated position in front of the tree hollow.

You listen absentmindedly to the toddler esque ‘and den’ style recap checking over your shoulder every other minute to see if the area had been cleaned up or not. Thankfully the recap was over with a little time to spare as the smarties body was taken. You proceed to gather up the foal feces in a spare bag and toss it into the poop pile square.

“Daddy needs to go and punish the bad fluffies soon but before that. Durum, I need your help finding a place for something.” You add leaning around the tree and picking up the toy and using your body to conceal it mostly from view.

“Otay daddeh.” Durum adds giving a fond goodbye hug to his special friend before following after his owners heels.

Once around the corner of the house you say. “Ok, lets find a place for that special present you and daddy talked about earlier when discussing the rules.” You added pulling out the tarted out giddyup buttercup.

“Ooo, Otay. Hmm… Wan’ to be cwose enough in case famiwy nee’ duwum.”

This caught you slightly off guard, apparently these creatures had less of a sense of shame when it came to such activities. If you’d known that you might have gone around the tree instead.

“Allright, I’ll place it here for now then.” You say setting it down near the corner of the house so he’d be facing back towards the culdesac somewhat. “If you find a spot you like better then just let Nanny know and she’ll put it there. Just not in the tree house okay…”

“Otay Duwum wook awound aftah get to know nyu fwend." He added with a slap of his hoof on the flank as it thudded slightly and the joints shook.

‘Gross…’

You proceeded down the street hoping to get to the sound proofed building before anything notable started. As you enter the room you see that the four surviving toughies sit sniffling facing the wall as Nanny stalks periodically back and fourth with a baton in their claws.

“Excellent work Nanny. Please return to the nest through the backyards.” She pauses her patrol and passes over the baton before exiting the room.

“About face.” You add with a slight snap of the baton across your hand. The toughies panic and one manages to get the order right on the first try and the others catch on after a couple seconds of disappointed stares from you. “Now then, for the moment I do not require a large population of fluffies and you’re all male making your odds even worse im afraid. I only require one.” You add popping a synth relay grenade and dropping it behind you as a slightly equipped mark one appeared and looked curiously on the scene. However the fluffies recognized synths and knew this possibly meant going back.

“Fwuffie wan go back, nu wike outside.” A beefy copper unicorn adds stepping away from the group and large and towards the synth.

“Any other volunteers?” You ask curiously as the three conferred amongst each other.

“Dewe be mawes?”

“It’s much more likely to find one there then out here, but you’ll probably have to be well behaved to earn one.” You add dismissively unsure if what you said was even true.

“Gud wuck bwuddah.” A silver Pegasus adds giving a soft head butt to an electrum earthy.

“Well then, how would you two like to decide who stays?” You add to the last two.

“No wan.” A blue ribbon toned Pegasus with yellow mane and accent feathers replied.

You continue to stare into them. “No wan meany pwace, no wan stay in worse meany pwace.”

“You have chosen,” You add swiftly drawing open a desk drawer and pulling out a syringer and doping the little bastard into a temporary vegetable. “Poorly.”

Though with your limited understanding of fluffy anatomy it may be permanent vegetative state, or death. You reach for the box they came in and decide on a new one as this one was now filthy. You place the two conscious ones inside where they could stand shoulder to shoulder with a little space and gave the unconscious one to be carried underarm. “Return these to synth retention.”
The unit gave a beep and exited the room before vanishing.

“As for you… “ You add momentarily to the remaining toughie as you go and gather a few things. You flatten the dirty box and line it with some waste paper and sawdust for cleaning up oil spills and the like. You then take a few of the clean rags from your desk and lay them out like a simple matt and grab some grub from your fridge. “I’ll be working. Here’s some food and water.” You add grabbing a spare bowl from your mess kit and pouring some purified water and leaving a pair of carrots on the ground. “There’s a place to poop, there’s a place to rest.” You add as if dismissing yourself as you go to the pile of viscera and pull out the smarties corpse from the top.

“Lets see if we can save a life.” You add with a wicked grin as you start up the robot terminal to begin manufacturing something you’ve had in mind for ages but never a subject you felt appropriate.

The electrum earthy looked on in shock as the shadows stretched along the wall narrating the macob ritual ahead.

11 Likes

Smarty got what smarty deserved. Will prove interesting how the last toughie handles the outside life near the head of the Institute. If only the little critter knew who they messed with in the first place… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Those that cannot 1earn I pity.
Those who refuse to 1earn, wi11 die.

–Director Johnson

1 Like