Foals on the road. (by: artist-kun)

15 Likes

I wonder how higher the roadkill count went up after fluffies were released into the world.

1 Like

I think they’d probably do something about it, because even if people don’t care about fluffies, they do care about carcasses clogging up the roads.

I mean, there’s already all kinds of ways to prevent other animals from getting run over. Like those hedgehog highways. They’re basically tunnels that go under the road.

You could use something like that, and the only real problem would be making sure that the fluffies actually use it. But that’s a quick fix: pictogram signs, and plenty of lighting.

Oh, and you could probably use one-way doors to make sure they don’t stay in the tunnels. I reckon if the doors are at just the right distance from each other, the fluffy’s notorious claustrophobia will kick in and they’ll keep moving just to get out of the sorry tube.

1 Like

knowing this world, companies could also sell overprice car upgrades for such situations as a less permanent, more profitable solution. depends on the headcanon

1 Like

Or it depends on how many fucks a given place has to give about fluffies.

1 Like

Blood ruins paint jobs, and a single can in the road can cause an accident let alone exploding blood bags.

That said, some places prefer lower taxes to even having roads that aren’t cracked and full of pot holes. So its iffy how much would be done in some places.

1 Like

I think something would be done about it if people started dying.

And again, they wouldn’t necessarily be doing it for the fluffies. Hugboxers might go out of their way to help fluffies, and abusers might go out of their way to kill fluffies, but people in the middle would probably advocate preventing fluffies from getting needlessly killed, if there was a benefit to doing so. Even if they don’t particularly care about fluffies in one way or the other, they can still be pragmatic about it, and see that protecting fluffies from being roadkilled helps themselves, too.

That’s what keeps society going, people. Enlightened self-interest.

1 Like

Those are some big fuckin foals

Or a tiny road.

1 Like