Fowwow Fwuffy tu Sketti-wand (story book version by Chikahiro)

Question: do you have an idea of what the first two sets of fluffies died from? While it’s not necessary for the story, I was trying to see what I could communicate.

The third one should be relatively easy given a leg isn’t connected to the rest of it.

2 Likes

Quite beautiful. I think it fits perfectly with the theme.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My guess is the first panel died of starvation and cold, no milk, second died from cold and probably starvation as well if that’s the mom, no milk for foals, and if the last one is also part of this he could be the special friend who met a cruel end, cascading the rest into failure

4 Likes

Yeah, it gud.

3 Likes

This concept actually reminds me of this song, very touching. I love this post.

5 Likes

According to the bible heaven has horses and doves.

Then again there is no hell in the bible, just a temporary place of judgement, so Christianity is mostly Catholic addons that were kept by protestants for some reason.

So anything goes I guess.

3 Likes

Good night, sweet fluffs.

4 Likes

Excellent work, sadbox that hits the spot.

3 Likes

How did I not see this when you first posted it!? :sob:

I can see why it’s your favorite. It’s very soft and reassuring. If these artificial creatures we created have a bigger place in the universe than we have assigned them, maybe there’s something for us as well.

Aww, I just love this so much. Your care for fluffies, I swear, you might just turn me into a hugboxer one of these days :cry:

7 Likes

gives me heavy rainbow bridge vibes

5 Likes

Yeah I missed it for a while too.
It really is hauntingly beautiful :heart:

4 Likes

If you did you wouldn’t be one of the selfish ones that want “what’s best for fluffy” based on your wants but based in the fluffy’s actual needs. And the sadbox roots would help you consider the implications/results of your choices. Including saying “no” to yourself.

5 Likes

Thanks @karn, @jimmyhopkins :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate your feedback, especially since I don’t feel you give it away easily or cheaply. It’s a gentle encouragement to do better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The first was abandoned foals as they are thin and such.

The 2nd was a mare unsold or been abuse base on the song she lost her special friend and foals

3 Likes

Beautiful. It feels sad and gentle, like a loving embrace for a hurt person.

1 Like

There’s a short story that precedes this that explains the “why”, in-world, of why it was written.

@Elias links help, eh? Fowwow Fwuffy tu Sketti-wand (by Chikahiro)

1 Like

Yeah, I read it a few days ago.

1 Like

I like the Discworld idea that everyone gets to go to their own idea of the afterlife. Leaves room for everyone’s ideas to be truthful and important, no-one gets left out bc they didn’t happen to have heard of the “right” religion. No religion is “wrong” and unworthy of respect. Also as a hopeless sentimental sketties land feels like it brings some justice and balance to the world fluffies come from. The abuse side of it is an important representation of the senseless horror of the world, but these poor ungodly creations deserve a place to be at rest.

1 Like