Freeze Dried Fluffy by Chikahiro

I am irrationally happy to see that Calvin and Hobbs is still held in high regards in the 22nd century :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And I’m not sure if the purpose is for fluffies to join the humans or for fluffies to pioneer the terraforming. Because fluffies would make excellent “canaries”. If a herd of fluffs could survive on Mars, then that’s like the perfect greenlight for beginning human habitation. If fluffies can survive, that’s a sign terraforming must’ve created a pretty mild climate.

3 Likes

Essentially a ramen noodle fluffy

2 Likes

Calvin and Hobbes should be taught in schools as an elective at least :stuck_out_tongue:

They’d be good canaries, but the science for terraforming is still far, far off. Its more about finding simple ideas, researching them, and maybe in 100 years or so they can have bigger ideas. Very long-term thinking.

Additionally, whether fully habitable or just in pockets (like the base)? They’ll have roles to play in the basic ecology. Its all broad strokes, no finesse yet. Likewise, the idea I’m playing with in my head is they’re a step towards producing on base rather than importing from Earth to the tunes of billions of dollars each year. So, growing crops, animal protein (mostly from milk/whey), etc.

2 Likes