Freezer Foals - Concept Development / Naming (By Lothmar)

Comments on another thread had me interested in fleshing out a concept for either a story or a comic so im looking for input.

*Open permission granted for Fanart / stories - added with their first requests from the reddit. :slight_smile:

TM/Copy right still mine though so please buy Freezer foals so I can keep getting those royalties.

I picture these as potentially developed to get into the ‘desert foal/fluffy’ market that japan currently seems to have a strong lead on.

Effectively an edible breed of fluffy, however they can only survive in cold like freezers and slowly melt outside of it.

Instead of standard ‘coat’ they seem to have an external ‘shell’ like layer that develops as they age. Their colors indicate their taste. - ex: bright Yellow/light yellow = lemon/banana ; Red - Strawberry ; pink - raspberry ; orange - orange ; green - lime ; Brown - Chocolate ; White - Coconut ; Cream - Vanilla ; etc etc.

I imagine they’d have a starter pack which would probably consist of 6 foals the size of a popsicle ; as well as a trough the size of an ice tray that the walking foals could eat from ; as well as a rinseable mat that you can secure to the three walls and floor and can be bent to stand on the door side so they dont stain your freezer as much (though it’s probably suggested you wipe the ceiling and walls weekly with a water cloth and dry) ; as well as a light you clip to the door that dims when it moves and returns to full brightness after it stops moving for a minute / once it returns to position.

I imagine they eat a substance that would come in packets and you get a one month supply for your initial box (that you can purchase separately or have shipped to you) that you mix with water and takes on a consistency kind of like nutrient gel for micros but doesn’t freeze easily so it remains soft enough for the foals to eat. This delivers various nutrients they need to stay alive (though you can also mix in fruit and other filler as a treat as long as it has high sugar/water content) but the longer you feed them the bigger they get till they cap out at the size of a quart and these taste like a ‘water based desert’ like a popsicle/sorbet.

They probably shed their outer ‘fluff’ shell layer as they get bigger and this is edible which the owner can potentially enjoy or use as a means of deciding when their desert is ‘ready’. Or they could leave it for the freezer Fluffies as it smells and tastes ‘pretty’ like most of their other waste. Their urine concentrating most of the acids etc and making their pee taste like lemon or various sour / citrus. *I currently cant think of a reason the poop would taste like chocolate though, but if you can come up with a way that the body could process the nutrient gel etc and convert it into a flavor that matches the poop color let me know. If only so poopy baby can enjoy his ‘fudge-cicles’ in the corner. :slight_smile: If not I may just say they don’t have an anus and a bladder suffices.

Alternatively you can buy the ‘family pack’ which includes 6 pre talk/walk foals and an adult nanny mare that can convert feed into sustenance suitable for freezer foals and will raise them as you restock the freezer and clean up after them until they are able/wiling to do so themselves.

Instructions are included for how to alter the diet if you want the foals she feeds to develop a ‘milk/cream’ based frozen desert flavor instead of the standard water base. ie- if her body converts the gel to a milk equivalent to the nutrigel, or if it changes to a true mothers milk.

The family pack nanny will reliably work for 2 years before it will be unable to continue to feed freezer foals as their biology/conversion process is different then standard. She is also edible and it is suggested that you eat her within a year of this point as a rough ‘best by’ date. Though if you’ve become attached you can continue to raise them in a cold environment till they finally reach their ‘expiration date’ which is usually 5 years total.

You can have new chirpy frozen foals shipped to you or pick them up in the frozen aisle of FluffyMart in case you enjoy watching the aging progression and having someone to talk to whenever you open the freezer. Mix and matching flavors is probably only slightly more expensive then buying them in sets of a uniform color though some flavors may be more expensive then others to maintain general status quo on ‘good colors’.

My guess is the ones sold in stores are either all fixed or sterile and the factory controls the means of reproducing these. Though it would be interesting seeing people trying to pair off some to get flavor combinations. ex: Strawberry / vanilla produces a vanilla body with red main/tail/accents that tastes of ‘berries and cream’. Thus explaining why some flavors sell for more (harder to produce reliably).

They probably need custom toys due to their environment (ie something that wont harden in cold). Definitely accepting input on this, im guessing ‘cloth’ as the material.

Part of this thread will be voting on a name.

My original idea was ‘Freezer Foals’ but I did like some of the earlier comments such as ‘melty friends’ or the ‘icyfluffs’.

If you have other name ideas you’d like to submit just submit them with an * in comments.

Product Name
  • Freezer Foals
  • melty friends
  • Icy-Fluffs

0 voters

24 Likes

I imagine someone having a birthday party in summer and their guests can eat these edible foals before the cake with party foals comes in. An abuser desert party would be amazing with these two fluffies!

4 Likes

While neat I can’t wrap my head around the concept. This is solidly in super-science/science-as-magic territory!

2 Likes

Pretty much yeah. ~Chuckle~

2 Likes

opens freezer

“Hewwo!”

grabs some lambchops
closes freezer

“Huhuuu…”

3 Likes

Is your freezer making a strange noise?

. . .Yes. Im ripening the despair.

1 Like