From the Desk of a Fluffy Vet— Pillowfluffs and Milkbags Addendum (by DwellerInTheDark)

Butch again, this time with a follow-up on the topic of pillowfluffs and milkbags. First of all, I’d like to say that given the things some of you listed in the last entry’s comments section, I hope I never meet you in real life. Seriously, if you want a “decorative pillow”, then save yourself some money and buy some fluffy yarn, down inserts, a needlepoint kit, and beads for eyes. Or barring that, take up the noble art of taxidermy, because at least that way, you’re marginally less likely to scare away your guests.

Now, as for the topic of milkbags, the nutrient slurry idea that one of you suggested…have you never heard of prions? Because it’s practices like that in the beef industry that led to the BSE crisis back in ‘90s Britain, and I’m in no hurry to see an epidemic of mad fluffy disease pop up. On a side note, since the last entry, I actually had to visit one of the larger fluffy breeding facilities in my area due to a mange outbreak, and they’ve taken to using trained “wet nurses” as opposed to ”proper” milkbags or foal formula.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not a fan of the whole “pillowfluffs are happy fluffs” group, like dude you chopped its legs off for no reason of course it’s going to have mental and health issues.

3 Likes

All those infomercials and advertising on FluffTV about pillowfluffs being the happiest fluffies, yet there’s some random and unknown fluffy vet suggesting otherwise?

Well, there’s just one solution.

We need to study this phenomenon more closely.

mx5w87cgo5n21

2 Likes

I wonder what the good doctor thinks of throw pillows.

Guess if they want to complain they can spend some time in the sorry-box until they feel a little more chipper about their situation. Or spend a few days as a litterpal. You know what they say: Adversity breeds character.

2 Likes

I heard of Prions, but Fluffies are not a Bovine race, if anything they are a Chimeraesque mash of various DNAs.

Fluffies eat their kind a lot more then they should, and Mange is not a common problem among them. I’d be as ballsy to say if a Mill got Mange outbreak in Fluffies, its because they did not use enough Antibiotics and let too much hugboxing happen.

Its contagious primarily by contact, and guess what Fluffies love to do? Huggies. They should have been denied Huggies from the start and infected foals should have been euthanized to save money.

This is why the best of the Mills take the babies away from the Mares immediately and use the proper slurry mixtures for Milkbags, and pump the cunt full of antioxidants. If anything it sounds like the workers held back and caused this problem. If anything I would say doctor, your advice may have doomed many foals, well done <3

A slurry mixture would need added vitamins, antibiotics, dead fluffies and foals, blend it down while boiling it, and then as it cools, force it down a pipe that was inserted into the Milkbags stomach through the Trachea (Also yes, I seen the IRL done for humans who can’t eat on this note, its effective if the human has reasons, such as being comatose and can’t eat. You can also feed directly into the stomach as well of course.)

Now, for the Decoration idea, I disagree. Yeah, if your some arrogant hugboxer you would avoid such a home but I do not want those sort of people in my company, even if I was being paid anyway.

We live in a world where we buy living canned foals, Fluffies who are pregnant to guess what babies are born. We eat pregnant mares as delicacies and Fluffies are a food staple. You can buy Party foals who’s legs were chopped off and corked to put on top of cakes, Holiday themed fluffies who were altered in appearance for monetary value. If someone were to reject someone over a Decorative Pillow Fluff, then this people have no touch of reality, and thus should be rejected on grounds of psychological help needed for these people.

1 Like

Considering that you seemingly can’t get basic terrestrial anatomy right (the trachea leads to the lungs, not the stomach!), do me a favor and don’t tell me how to do my job.

(OOC— in the Dwellerverse, fluffies aren’t typically on the menu, if for no other reason than raising normal livestock is just more profitable. Also, things like party foals aren’t a mainstream thing, because good luck trying to make a profit off a living cake topper. As for decorative pillowfluffs…again, good luck trying to turn a profit off something that creepy.)

1 Like

I mean, prion disease can hypothetically affect a large number of vertebrates. Humans have kuru and Kreutzfeld-Jakob, sheep have scrapie, cows have BSE. If there’s a brain, that brain can get a twisted protein. They’re transmissible between species, too.

I wonder if fluffies would be symptomatic, though? It would be interesting if their symptoms just made them dumber and clumsier. No-one is likely to notice a fluffy acting fluffier.

I has ideas.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I did mix up the Trachea and the Oseophagus but with how much fluffies whine its easy.

I will strongly assert Mange was from too much contact between each Fluffy though, and potentially unsanitary conditions.

Still, I do believe in the justice of Throw Pillow Fluffs and there are still plenty of more ways you can use them as tools ;). Look at the Holidays!

1 Like

I can’t wait to see said ideas if you are interested :smiley:

1 Like

Give me time! :slight_smile: Got a holiday next weekend, and I’m busy baking everything in the house.

1 Like

Mange isn’t caused by unsanitary conditions, it’s caused by mites. You are correct, though, in that’s easily spread by contact. As for treatment in fluffies, it’s pretty much identical as with larger animals, albeit with appropriately-calibrated doses of the necessary drugs.

2 Likes