From the Desk of a Fluffy Vet— The ‘Wan Die’ Loop (by DwellerInTheDark)

Butch here, and this time we’ll be discussing the most notorious, dreaded, and tragic quirk of fluffy psychology— the “Wan’ Die Loop”. Before we go on, however, I should admit that my personal experience with fluffies caught in it has thus far been limited to a handful of specimens I observed (and later autopsied) while working at a local shelter, and as such, I recommend you don’t take me as the final authority on the subject.
—————————
What is the Wan’ Die Loop?
Based upon my personal observations during my tenure at the shelter, as well as multiple secondhand accounts, the ‘wan’ die’ loop appears to be an extreme form of PTSD, though I’ve also heard reports that a fluffy can fall into the loop as a result of an existential crisis, intense grief, or a mental breakdown.

As for symptoms, the loop usually manifests as a sort of catatonic state, with the afflicted fluffy doing little but repeat the words “wan’ die” until it inevitably expires, with maybe brief breaks to eat and drink. In more severe cases, paradoxically, the fluffy is far more active— rather than merely sit and wait for the end to come, it will aggressively attempt to commit suicide in whatever way it can.

On a side note, I’ve heard rumors that apparently a third manifestation exists, with the defining trait being some sort of obsessive-compulsive urge to tell other fluffies that their only fate is to be abused. If anyone can confirm the existence of these so-called “Downers”, I’d greatly appreciate it.
—————————
How do I break the loop?
You can’t. In my experience and despite my ongoing efforts to find a treatment for the condition, the only way to end the loop is to grant the fluffy the death they seek.

10 Likes

Do goth fluffies talk about the beauty of forever sleepies, and say “wan die” while dancing apathetically and smoking clove cigarettes?

4 Likes

Always thought maybe a little toolbox brain surgery could fix the ‘wan die’ loop. A derped fluffy is a happy fluffy!

7 Likes

I imagine that most goth fluffies would fall more into the “perky” category.

1 Like

Damn

1 Like

So a derped pillow fluffy would be extra happy (according to the people that say pillow fluffy are happy fluffs?)

1 Like

Tell him he’s going to skettiland then lobotomize him, every day is skettiland for a lobotomite.

1 Like

Wan’ die! Wan’ die! Wan’ [POWER DRILL NOISES] bly! Blh bly! Hrg nug! Frg hnf! [POWER DRILL NOISES] huuuuhhhhhhhhh.

nuuuuuuh. bwep. pluuuuh.

All fixed!!!

2 Likes

Reminds me of that comic of the guy who tortured them until they go wan die and then takes them to a room where dozens of fluffies are hooked up to life support and he electrocutes them until he gets them all looping on sync to create a symphony of misery

1 Like