Fuzzy pony rebirth [By Researcher7201]

Everyone has heard of fluffies. For good or bad, for ecological ruin, and stalwart pet, for pest, and friend. Fluffies are here to stay. And with the exception of Puffy Griffins, there have been no real non fluffy derived bio pets. Likely their won’t be again not with the near iron grip the world governments have formed over Bio chimaric engineering. But what if I told you there was another. A pre-crackdown non Fluffy derived bio toy that nearly went to market as the direct competitor of the Fluffy. Yet was stopped from reaching that market by the Fall of Cleavland. If you had read any of the survivor eyewitness accounts from Cleavland you would know of large scale reports of strange fluffy like creatures. Reported as being of above average strength, violently assaulting fluffies, and in many of those cases killing them outright. Furthermore if you had read Marshall Conagher’s tell all novel, “Fuck you Richard Moloch and the Fuzzy you rode in on” you would be more familiar with their name Fuzzies.

My name is Rachelle Villanuv and I won’t rehash what has been said before except to provide a brief primer for what is to come. Fuzzies were developed by surviving portions, and members of the original Hasbio Corporation, which were attempting to re-enter the market with a new product they hoped would correct the many flaws of the Fluffy pony while also eliminating them. In a scheme far too complicated to fully detail here Fuzzies in conjunction with the Spaghetti Land theme park were to destroy the majority of Fluffies, and pave the way for Fuzzies to replace them. Obviously that plan failed so spectacularly that the Cleavland is now a half mile wide poc mark in the side of lake erie, and the greater Cleavland metro area is still radioactive and uninhabitable a decade later. Since that day the few Fuzzies outside of Cleavland have died due to lack of a special protein only found in the food that never entered mass production. Assumed extinct and having played the minor part in the Fall of Cleavland they have largely faded from public memory. Until now.

I have recently completed an expedition into the Cleveland ruins. Sparing you the details of that trip I can say that I was successful in reaching the remains of the facility in which the Fuzzy pony was produced. I have retrieved a treasure trove of data and machinery at great personal and legal risk. And safely smuggled it from within the Cleveland exclusion zone. Now within my possession my team and I have begun the arduous task of reassembling it and utilizing it to not only understand the Fuzzies but to begin a limited production run. But before getting into further detail on that first I feel it is important to fully explain exactly what a fuzzy pony is.

Firstly, unlike a Fluffy a Fuzzie is not a wholly biological creature. Instead Fuzzies are gestated around the AN386-BU284-IS9 chip which my labmates and I have taken to calling an Anubis Chip. That is to say the Anubis Chip is placed in a special gestation chamber into which amniotic fluid is pumped. At this point the chip is triggered to open and expose preseeded biological components to the fluid so that they may begin to divide and replicate. Unlike humans which are deuterostomes, meaning their anus develops first. Fuzzies are deuteronero meaning their brain tissue is first to form. It forms into and binds with the Anubis Chip. It’s architecture and functionality is completely dependent upon the chip without which the Fuzzie would be completely brain dead. These chips become the coordination center of the brain linking all parts and providing communication between them. It also serves as the primary long-term memory of the fuzzies with only short-term memory being delegated to the organic portion of the brain. This was done with the hope that later downloadable programming could be installed into the fuzzies providing them with new capabilities as time went on as well as patching behavior. This re-engineered neurology was hoped to provide a solution for the unstable behavioral patterns of the original fluffies. With the new Fuzzies gone would be the days of smarty syndrome, bratty behavior, disobedience, and runaways

In addition to the complete restructuring of the brain, the Fuzzies also were built with the idea of correcting the many flaws in the original Fluffy biology. More robust tissues and greater structural integrity meant that they were stronger and able to withstand greater injury. This was hope to make up for the extreme fragility of the early fluffy and still comically easily killed later generations. As well as stronger bodies Fuzzy’s also contained a re-engineered gastrointestinal system allowing them to produce much less unpleasant waste and to have full control over their faculties at all times. This rear engineered gastrointestinal tract was also engineered with a secondary function. In order to maintain a stranglehold on what was hoped would be a secondary market for the Fuzzies, a special protein was engineered that would be included into Fuzzy food. This protein would be necessary for the Fuzzy to derive any nutrition from the food it was eating. As it would be unable to be produced within the Fuzzy’s body, this would mean that any Fuzzy not fed food created by Hasbio infused with this specific protein would soon find themselves unable to absorb nutrition and die of starvation.

The previously mentioned interdependency with the Anubis chip means that they are completely unable to reproduce in the wild. In fact fuzzy’s lack all sexual reproductive organs and a complete lack of sexual dimorphism adhering to one template with only minor variation between individuals caused by small differences in gestation position and timing. It was hoped that with these advancements the resurgent Hasbio would be able to maintain a complete stranglehold on production, by making third party breeding impossible. Secondarily it would also prevent the runaway feral breeding that the original series had undertaken which had caused the collapse of many ecosystems.

Tougher, stronger, smarter, and more controllable. It was thought that they would make the perfect Bio pet. It was not to be though wrapped up in the machinations of Richard Mollock their limited prototype run would be their last. Until now.

7 Likes

Original without being silly…keep going!

2 Likes