Fwufftobuh day 3 - Mask [by A-S]

This isn’t something that came easily to me. I had a completely different idea on how to go about it initially. Then, this creeped over and well, here we are.

It was a cloudy december sunday afternoon, but the warm temperature had made a stroll in the local park look like a novel idea for Amy and Peter. While it was no forest, it still provided some nice paths winding through the green.

As they walked through the wooded area, they stumbled upon an older man walking with a red maned white Unicorn on a leash, which prompted the woman to speak up.

“Soooo, have you thought about my proposition?”

“I don’t know Amy, a fluffy sounds like a good idea for an apartment pet, but they can be such a handful at times…”

“That’s true, but some of my friends have such lovely ones! They are polite and cuddly. They also told me there’s daycares where you can bring your pet to learn and play with other fluffies!”

“Hmm… that does sound like a good way to avoid having to buy a second one immediately to keep it company while we are at work. We should have a more in depth chat with your friends about it.”

“Hewwo?”

A small voice called out to the couple from a nearby bush. Upon approaching it, a light brown earthie fluffy with dark brown mane and tail popped out from the branches and stepped onto the paved walkway.

The small dark brown foal peeping on the animal’s back and a pair of breasts made it painfully obvious it was indeed a mare.

The woman greeted the animal with a big smile on her face. Perhaps this would be the one lucky gal to become their pet? She even had an adorable baby!

“Hello little fluffy!”

“Gud bwite-time nice wady! Hewwo nice mistah! Fwuffy heaw ‘ou am wookin’ fo’ a nyu fwuffy?”

The man chuckled.

“Why yes, we actually were considering getting one.”

“Den, can nice hoomans be nyu mummah an’ daddeh fo’ fwuffy an babbehs?”

“Hold on, did you say bab-ies?”

“Yus, fwuffy am mummah, hab fouw babbehs! One am chiwpie babbeh, still hab tu open see-pwaces. Fhwee am at nestie, dey am walkie-talkie babbehs nao!”

The mare turned her head and grabbed the brown foal from her back, who started peeping in protest. She laid him next to her as if to present him, then stared at the couple expectantly.

“What do you say honey? Aren’t they cute?”

“They are. But we can’t get five fluffies right off the bat. We never had one, let alone a full family”

“Aw. That’s really sad. But I guess you’re right. It might be too much for us. We couldn’t just lob them out if it proved too big of a challenge. And it wouldn’t be right to only take a single foal off this poor girl.”

“Yeah, I agree. Sorry little one, we can’t take your whole family with us. Stay safe!”

With that, the couple turned to leave, they heard the mare starting screaming, then a frenzied storm of peeps.

As they looked back, they couldn’t believe their eyes. The mare had turned onto her foal, which was laying on the grass belly up, chirping desperately.

“DUMMIE POOPIE BABBEH! ‘Ou nu can eben gib nyu housie tu mummah an’ bwuddahs! 'OU AM BAD BABBEH! Mummah gib 'ou FOWEBAH SWEEPIES!”

She puffed her cheeks and raised her leg above the crying foal, who had wet himself in fear. He couldn’t yet understand what was going on, but his mother’s screams were terrifying him!

As her right hoof hovered above the helpless baby, a swift kick from the man sent the mare flying a couple meters away, tumbling on the soft grass.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

“Oh god Peter, she was about to kill her own baby!”

The mare got up, she saw the woman was doting on her brown baby, trying to calm him down, while the man stood guard with fury in his eyes.

“Huuhuu… wai meanie mistah huwt fwuffy? Am gud fwuffy!”

“GOOD? YOU WANTED TO KILL YOUR BABY!”

“Peter, calm down, you’re scaring the poor thing. Hush now, mommy’s got you little one. The bad fluffy can’t hurt you now. Let’s get him home Peter.”

“You’re lucky killing fluffies is illegal, you dumb shitrat. Get out of my sight! Dumb hypocrite, she is brown aswell but HE is poopie…”

“Huuhuu… ‘ou gib housie, nummies an’ wub tu poopie babbeh?”

“Damn right we will. He’ll have a house and we’ll love him so much. You can stay here in the park and tell your other babies, who probably are as nasty as you are, that their “poopie brother” is getting a new family. Now scram!”

Loudly sobbing and lamenting about the unfairness of life, the mare limped back into the bushes as the couple left to go buy some supplies for their new fluffy, still in shock at the whole accident.

Once out of sight, the mare picked up the pace and started briskly walking back to her nest. Her side hurt from the kick, but she had landed on the grass, which had prevented further damage. As she neared the small den her late special friend had dug under a tree trunk, her purple unicorn foal approached her. He’d been standing guard by the entrance as she had told him to.

“Am mummah otay? Whewe am bwuddah?”

“Nice hoomans gib bwown babbeh nyu housie.”

“Wai mummah hab saddies?”

“Bee-cus mummah wubs aww babbehs, bu’ nu hab enuff nummies. Cowd times am neaw. Nao chiwpy babbeh hab nyu housie, nummies an’ wub, an’ fwuffies hab enuff nummies. Bu’ mummah miss babbeh.”

“Wai hoomans nu gib housie tu aww famiwy?”

“Some hoomans nu can gib housie tu many fwuffies. Am stiww nice hoomans, bu’ dey nu wike when uddah fwuffies am mean tu bwown fwuffies an’ say dey am poopie.”

“Mummah nee’ huggies?”

“Yus. Babbehs gib huggies, make aww bettaw. Den mummah num gwassies an’ gib miwkies tu babbehs.”

“Yay! Babbeh wubs miwkies!”

Later that evening in a small apartment, a brown foal burped, his belly full of formula. In due time, little Mark would forget about his real mummah and her mean words.

But she would never forget about him, nor the mask she had to don to ensure he’d survive the cold times.

16 Likes

A mother’s desperation to keep her foals alive. Oh gods, now it’s raining in the middle of my living room.

5 Likes

It’s probably not the last time we’ll see this feral family or Mark. Glad it evoked some feelings in you!

5 Likes

That is a very clever fluffy mama.

1 Like

She has seen a few things during her life as a feral. This is not her first cold times. Sadly, these aren’t her first foals either.

2 Likes