Gayroomate got banned

Fair enough

2 Likes

I feel like I’m sort lf qualified to speak on this. I’m a Jew, my family are Polish Jews that fled during WW2. I’ve got beat up and hospitalized by a group of Nazis outside a punk show years ago. Suffice to say I’m not a fan of their work.

With that being said, Nazis and the far right in general are the boogeyman of the internet right now, like communists were during the red scare years.

It’s entirely possible, probable and common for something to be said that would “align” with nazi views without the author intending it to be viewed as such. I’m aware “death of the author” factors in here.

Looks at the idea of shit rats being jews and being used as thinly veiled stand in for calls of genocide. Wow, that’s awful right? Except for one issue: the way shit rats are described doesn’t really match with propaganda descriptions of jews ie rich, shrewd, cunning, devious, etc. What about other “inferior races” like blacks? Maybe due to “low intelligence” and predisposition to violence but then many authors counter that by making it clear the poopy baby issue is an allegory for bigotry and racism and it’s presented as a clearly bad thing.

I’m not saying there aren’t far right people here. Statistically, there probably are. But they aren’t exactly announcing it in their work.

I could write way more especially on the correlation between the bigotry of low expectations and viewing fluffies as a stand in for Jews/blacks but this is already way too long.

Tldr: Look for a nazi long enough and you’ll tell yourself you found one.

33 Likes

Someone help me understand?

3 Likes

Gayroommate took every comment she didn’t like too close to heart, started hour long arguments with the mods every time that happened and after several months of doing it she got banned

10 Likes

Sir you have laid it out perfectly my hats off to you you.

7 Likes

All this talk about Nazis and fluffies is just reminding me of Foxhoarder’s Asschwitz post.

5 Likes

Yeah that one was in… very poor taste.

4 Likes

I did this once. Turned out I was a nazi

8 Likes

And I laughed my ass off at that one. It was so clearly presented as parody not someone going HEY GUYS WEREN’T DEATHCAMPS AWESOME?

9 Likes

Yeah, careful. That’s apparently grounds for a ban now. Kick ass website, Virgil. Real top notch shit.

3 Likes

Oh boy… I’ll retract that statement from before after reading all this can of worms.
But not the mental health one.

2 Likes

in general people here throw around “racist” and “nazi” and “fascist” waaay too easily. cartoon pony rejecting brown baby isn’t anything like real world racism. i don’t deny there’s some pepe frogger weirdos obsessed with trolling gender and being unnecessarily edgy but discussions of real world hot buttons go nuclear way too quickly.

maybe have some kind of moratorium? i don’t see fluffy-adjacent discussions of this stuff improving anything or making anyone happy in the community.

13 Likes

Easy on the salt dude

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past 4chan for the joke to have started because “hur hur black people are poop coloured”

6 Likes

You haven’t been paying attention have you?

4 Likes

In the end, the n-word joke exist only because people react at it too much

5 Likes

Hmm interesting. Very interesting. wasn’t there someone else who tried to force SJW and strict shit like this on the fluffy community once before?

No no… it couldn’t… I mean maybe… no no. Absolutely not. I mean… well… possibly.

heh.
(tbh I just find this all hilarious.)

4 Likes

who?

1 Like

Didn’t your moma teach you that pointing fingers is rude?

2 Likes

Again, we’re getting away from the topic at hand.
If you’ve said all that you wanted to say about the ban, then leave room for other people to speak.

2 Likes