Generation 1: Boy & Girl [by: ekulmam3838]

wants, desires, everything, are pre-programed

[citation needed]

You can’t do that to an animal

…now

Are we forgetting that these stories are set in the future? Yes you can’t do that… now

In fact, let me asks you this: You said that fluffies are “pre-programed”. If that’s the case, what’s the programming language they used to programmed fluffies? C++? Java?

They are flesh robots with no more sentience or free will than chat GPT

If they are not sentient then that would made every stories (abuse/hugbox/sadbox/etc) meaningless

In fact an entire genre of abuse, psychological-abuse , relies on the fact that fluffies are sentient

3 Likes

If you don’t know something as lore basic as fluffys being programmed to want everything they love, like sketties, huggies and wuv, those things that they fucking ask for as literal infants with no frame of reference, then idk what to do for you kid

1 Like

Well, you could argue all animals are “programmed” in the same way. Ants don’t need to be told to collect food, fish don’t need to be told to swim, birds don’t need to be told to sing. Fluffies have a slightly more complex version of instinctual birdsong, it doesn’t mean they aren’t sentient. Sapient might be different, if that’s what you meant - sentient means “has senses and experiences things”, sapient means “conscious on a human level”. Fluffies are undeniably sentient.

4 Likes

I just thought of something you want to remember for later panels, ekulman. The most severe genetic conditions appear through reproduction between parent and child. You might want some X.5 generations for maximum impact.

1 Like

Myyyy man. Hadn’t even thought of that, that’s twice as devious and I WILL be using it

2 Likes

Muahahaha! Happy to help!

1 Like

Craving spaghetti on an instinctive level is more than slightly.

Now you are playing semantics

2 Likes

Easy for one to say that something is “basic” lore without any proof.

And hey… you know something that is an actual “basic” idea of fluffies that can be proven? It’s Inbreeding. It is in fact the reason of many fluffy’s traits (suicidal, stupidity, fragility). You could not get more basic than that.

And this whole chains of reply starts with you denying that fluffies are incapable of being inbred. Who’s the one that didn’t know the lore again?

But coming back to the whole sentient discussion again…

Again, the future. Yes, right now human cannot altered GMO that extensively, but in the future?

Aside from that, having traits of loving spaghetti still have little to do with whether they are sentient or not. Human domesticated animals like cats and dogs so that they also “wuv” humans, that doesn’t mean they aren’t sentient.

(also you cannot be whining about “playing semantics” now. you’re the one that bring up “they aren’t animals, they are artifical lifeforms/biotoys” and such)

3 Likes

Hardly. Animals can recognise their food, or they’d die out, and can make certain noises without having to learn to “talk” the way humans do. Fluffies make the noise “skettis” and when shown skettis learn “oh, that’s skettis”.

3 Likes

The proof is the fucking lore that is repeated in half the stories from here to the old site and beyond.

If you actually need that proved to you you are haven’t been around long enough to lecture me on shit

Very carefully

2 Likes

Really?

Seriously, do you actually understand what it would means for fluffies to have every part of their personalities programmed?

biotoys excuses

(if you are referring to the site before fluffybooru, then you are quite simply full of shit)

2 Likes

I mean, by the same logic, aren’t humans “programmed” to scream in pain too, except the programming was done by evolution?

(Personally I feel like humans intentionally torturing fluffies is still basically like punching a pillow even if they do feel emotions, just in terms of how challenging it is instead of the impact it makes. I can find it entertaining in an Itchy and Scratchy sort of way, but I don’t personally see much fun in a serious take on torturing something that literally cannot run away or fight back. How’s that supposed to satisfy the kind of power craving that drives IRL abuse?)

1 Like

To some extent, yes you can: Fearful Memories Passed Down to Mouse Descendants - Scientific American

1 Like

Where’s the picture in that last screenshot from? I can’t see what they’re saying and I really want to find out.

From 4chan’s /b/ (warning: nsfw ads)

Why do people prefer a interpretation that would lessen the impact of the story?
There is no drama in punching an animatronic teddy bear.

Is it a compulsion to cast the humans in a better light?

1 Like

No, I can read that, I mean what the fluffy and human are saying in the picture thumbnail alongside it.

1 Like

Fwuffy no am toy! Fwuffy is awive!
Okay now that’s just confusing!

Art by Marcusmaximus

2 Likes

Fluffy is Johnny Five?

Bwahahaha, thank you!

2 Likes