Gold and Silver - Chapter 2 - "Stocking Up" [by pyrofireflame12]

Your name is Caiden, and you are heading to the local fluff-mart in your area. The fluffy doctor, Janet advised you to go stock up on things for Argenti. While still peacefully sleeping in your arms, you walk down the street. You get some odd looks from people, disgusted ones from others, yet you don’t care. You know all the insults they say to someone who treats these things with common decency. You don’t care about any of the slurs they want to hurl at you, like a frenzied ape throws his own shit. Probably the only thing that’s in their brain. You look away for a moment, and suddenly the weight is lifted out of your arms. You snap back, and some teenager is holding your fluffy, a knife in hand.

“Hey there, bitch. Thanks for the stress toy. Just watch.” He waves the knife at you, a devilish grin on his face. Argenti is still sedated, but slowly waking up.

“I’m having none of this shit. Give it back before you regret it.”

“Or what? It’s just a biotoy. Go get another one, pussy.” Now you were getting pissed off. Your sister may have been a black belt, but you still learned a few tricks in your time there. A well placed kick to the stomach sends him reeling. You bend down to him.

“Hey, dumbass. Read up on information on fluffies before you go around stealing them. They count as property, so I could sue you for destruction of property, and theft. Now I suggest you give me the fluffy back, or I send you home with a black eye and crippling debt.”

“J-jesus christ man! Calm down! It’s just a fluffy! You can get these things for five dollars!”

“You’ll spend more on the hospital bills.” He lets go of Argenti, and scampers off. You pick her back up, and soothe her back to sleep. Some people are giving you terrified looks, probably thinking you were a madman. You say nothing and continue on your way. God, what was the world coming to.

Arriving at the fluff-mart, the doors slide open, and you gently wake Argenti. Her eyes slowly open.

“H… huh? Nice mistah?” You pet her and she coos.

“I’m your dad now, and your name is Argenti. We’re here to get some toys and other essentials for you.”

“Nyu daddeh?” She hugs you. “Awgentu wub nyu namesies. Tank yu daddeh!” How sweet. The smile feels genuine on your face, not plastered on like most days. A woman walks up to greet you.

“Hello sir! Welcome to fluff-mart. Is there anything I may help you with?”

“Thank you, and yes. I’m a first time owner, and I just want some essentials, and maybe a sorry box. Don’t feel like beating this little one.” Argenti turns around and faces the woman, and waves a little hoof.

“Aw, aren’t you just the cutest! Well, follow me sir. I’ll take you to the food isle.” She walks off, and you trail behind her. Many fluffies are around walking with their owners, but you pay none of them any mind. Argenti starts sniffing, and you end up surrounded by many bags of kibble, even some canned hasbio-brand spaghetti (which was sealed as to not turn every fluffy in the vicinity into a shit-powered rocket of excitement). The employee points at a few bags of kibble.

“That ones the basic kibble, that one right there is an extra nutritional kibble, that one is flavored like their ahem favorite food.” She turns to you. You nod, knowing that just the mention of the word would send a fluffy into a frenzy. “And that one is punishment kibble. Tastes like wood chips.”

You grab a cart left behind by another shopper, and strap in Argenti as you load up the cart. Kibble, a carrier, a couple toys hand picked by Argenti, food bowls, a bed, and a sorry box. Also a poop slide, just for the future. You begin to walk out, until you hear very loud footsteps.

“Hey, asshole!” You turn around to be hit in the face with a slap. You recover your senses, and see the kid from earlier standing behind an older woman. “I’m an activist for fluffy rights, and my son here tells me you were hurting your fluffy. You hurt my baby when he tried to save her!” You start to giggle, which turns into full on laughter. You haven’t laughed this hard in a while.

“You are mistaken. Your little hellspawn stole my fluffy and tried to kill her with a knife. I hurt him saving her.”

“How DARE YOU!?” She shoves you into a rack full of fluffy equipment, and all of it tumbles down.

“Daddeh! Hewp!” You look over, and the shitstain kid is trying to steal Argenti. You grab the nearest object. A sorry stick. Not an ideal weapon, but you whip the woman with it.

“OW! Why you little…”

A new voice joins in. “HEY!” The employee storms up, and the kid’s face turns white as he drops Argenti back into the cart. “Ma’am, this is the fourth time you and your child have marched in, assaulted a customer on the suspicion that your child tried to save their fluffy. You need to leave.”

“How dare you! I am an activist for fluffy rights and so is my child! You should be thanking us!”

“I will not say it again. LEAVE. THE. STORE.” She snaps her fingers, and two large men walk over. Of course they would need some kind of bouncer in here. The woman grumbles and walks off. You turn to thank them, but you hear a switchblade flick open, and the kid is running at Argenti with it.

“SCREEEE! DADDEH HEWP!” You run up and kick the fucker in the shin, sending him tumbling. The two men pick him up and carry him off, his mother screaming at him the whole way. This day was not going well. You grab Argenti and begin to soothe her. “Shhh, it’s okay! You’re safe from them.” She sobs into your shirt, and the employee walks up.

“I’m so sorry sir, I’ll make sure those two are banned from the store.”

“Thanks. They’re lucky I’m not pressing charges.”

“Oh, before you go check out, here.” She hands you a coupon for 50% off of your first purchase. “It’s policy to gift people who have had a bad experience in the store. Don’t forget to come back if you ever need anything.”

You thank her, and check out, Argenti still sobbing. You managed to haul everything back by yourself, and the day is slightly better.

Argenti managed to cry herself to sleep from the shock of the event. You lay her on the couch as you set everything up. Litter box, food bowls, all that. You lay her down on the bed, and wait for her to wake up.

"Daddeh?" Your eyes snap open, and Argenti is sitting next to the couch, looking up at you. She's holding a ball up to you in her hooves. You chuckle a bit, and grab the ball. She smiles, and her tail starts wagging. It's adorable, and you throw the ball across the room. She scampers after it, giggling all the way, and picks it up. She puts in on her back, and walks up to you again. You throw the ball, and while she's running after it, you turn on the television to see what's on.

“Breaking News: Man assaulted in fluff-mart.”

You internally groaned and let Argenti onto the couch. You wanted to see how this went. The reporter is spouting some bullshit about how you attacked first, despite the title, and you want to gouge your eyes out.

You feel a buzzing in your pocket. You bring out your phone, and answer the call.

“So then, Caiden. What’s this I hear about assault in a store, in a fluff-mart no less, involving you?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Bullshit. You need me to kick someone’s ass?”

“No… you don’t. Thanks for the offer.”

“Your welcome, and tell me, why were you in a fluff-mart?”

“Er… I have a fluffy now.”

“Oh really? You’ve got to introduce me. Work with the little guys all day, I want to see if I can give you some tips.”

“Fine. Come over in a while. Gotta entertain this thing.” You hang up, and Argenti is holding the ball again. You smile, and play with her until your guest arrives.

A knocking on the door scares Argenti as she stumbles halfway through running. You calm her down, and answer the door.

“Hey, Mabel. Come in.”

“Thanks. So this is your fluffy?”

“Hewwo! Nyu fwen?”

Mabel bends down to pet Argenti. “I’m your dad’s sister. And your name is?”

“Coo… namesies am Awgenti!” Mabel looks back at you. “Silver? Really? Real original.”

“Hey, at least it’s better than just naming her Silver.” You say in your defense. You grab two cups and fill them with water, and offer one to Mabel. She takes it, and sits down on the couch, as Argenti struggles to get up. Her stomach looks slightly bloated. Mabel turns to you.

“She’s pregnant?” You cringe, and nod. She seems to get what you mean.

“Had to save her from two others. Crushed one, broke the others neck. Managed to finish in time, sadly.” Mabel frowns and pets Argenti. Argenti seems to already love her.

“So then, how did the whole assault thing start?”

“Ugh. Well, walking down the street, the shitstain kid stole Argenti, and was about to gut her with a switchblade before I kicked his ass. Then his mother attacked me in the fluff mart, and her kid tried to kill Argenti at the last second, so I tripped him and he ate shit.” You notice Mabel’s been covering Argenti’s ears.

“Uhhh… why are you doing that?” You ask. She looks at you like you’re on idiot.

“Fluffies hate swearing. Some don’t, but most freak out over it. Don’t know if you got lucky.”

“How do you know? Sounds like a personal experience.” She looks embarrassed. You definitely want to hear that story.

Argenti dozed off to sleep, and you take a look at her. Look at you, following your therapists advice. Hooray. You drift off to sleep, unaware of what’s going to happen.

|Last|

7 Likes

“My son wouldn’t use a knife”

(Son pulls out a knife)

Hopefully that’s a one-off case of human stupidity and not a sign of things to come. I’d like for this to go well but between the assault, ‘bad’ foals, and now openly murdering Fluffies I think the world is against these two

4 Likes

oh it’s going to get much worse.

2 Likes

Of course it is

2 Likes

“She snaps her fingers, and two large men walk over. Of course they would need some kind of bouncer in here.”
Apparently?

1 Like

If you really think about it, all kinds of shit could happen. Random people fucking with fluffies (ex: naming them smarty to kill them, stealing valuable ones, outright killing them) and of course human violence

1 Like

Especially in a world where everyone knows kung-fu :wink:

1 Like

That sounds like the stock excuse a fucking Karen would say after her psychopath kid threatened someone with a knife.