Gone with the winter - LostDauphin

Now the sun wants to rise as brightly…

…As if nothing terrible had happened during the night.
The misfortune happened only to me,
But the sun shines equally on everyone.

• Kindertotenlieder
75 Likes

Now I’m gonna theorise a bit, if that’s a foal in the spring/summer, then chances are by winter it should’ve been matured enough to hold on a little bit longer. At least by able to fend for itself a little more.

I think that top picture is A Dream Of Spring, mum thinking on what could’ve been had her last foal survived the winter. Maybe even regret of what she had to do in order to survive because that’s one, and only one, tiny skeleton left behind.

17 Likes

Remember that berries and other fruits of the forest ripen in the fall :wink:

9 Likes

Damn the way life goes

3 Likes

She seems sleeping peacefully as time goes around her :cry:

2 Likes

The playlist :skull:

2 Likes

Yeah! Written by Friedrich Rückert and Gustav Mahler added the rest.

2 Likes

Simple, yet meaningful. Good work.

2 Likes

Those shitrats are erased from the map every winter but there are always the hugboxers who, because of themselves, spoil them to the point that when they escape and continue reproducing

1 Like

Beautiful in it’s cruelty

1 Like

What she gets for eating the rest of her litter to feed the special little shit.

Outskilled!

1 Like

La vita è bella e la morte è soffice, ancora di più.

3 Likes

It varies. Diferent color flowers bloom at different times of the year. The earliest berry is thr mullberry and will drop fruit as early as March.

1 Like

Where I live, mulberries are a July or August fruit. I guess it varies by species.

Red or white? Red are native to North America. White are native to asia.

1 Like

We have the red ones that lead to tons of purple bird poop. They’re native to the region. I love 'em.

1 Like