Got a problem with my stories and how i make them ?

The formatting is atrocious. The spelling and grammar are almost as bad. And each “story” has, what, four or five paragraphs?

How about instead of crying because people give you criticism, you actually work to improve your writing?

13 Likes

That makes me feel better about not creating content as fast as others. I’m enjoying myself so far, even if I haven’t posted anything.

3 Likes

I honestly stopped reading comments on my posts because of some toxic comments I got when I made the character introduction one. I’m sorry you’ve been getting hate but please know they don’t speak for all of us! Your stories are amazing!

1 Like

Your content is already good, lol, no notes.

There’s always room to improve. Going back I’ve already seen simple things from typos and verb tense agreement issues up to paragraphs of exposition that were unnecessaries and one dimensional character building.

2 Likes

Four or five if you count how many times a return is used, sure. Lol.

I will never understand how folks enter a fandom and just assume all regular writing customs and rules go out the fucking window. Do kids just not read books anymore, sketti? Lol

1 Like

True. Even so, it’s not enough to be distracting. And that’s an excellent attitude! I just like really reading your work. For how prolific you can be (I think maybe only Ace out produces you?) the lack of errors is impressive. Plus you always have interesting ideas.

2 Likes

I don’t oppose the stream of thought style of his entries being like research notes but they could still be edited to be more accessible to the reader.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, he didn’t.

1 Like

They actually don’t. And people who text too much combined with a lack of reading have zero clue how to form sentence structure or to craft a narrative paragraph. I love my ex a whole bunch, but he could barely spell let alone write. And he was older than I was.

2 Likes

I’m mostly taking advantage of the lull in work and college combined with being stuck inside from all the rain. My content will probably drop off as I run out of ideas.

I appreciate your praise.

And Ace’s stories tend to be shorter. I can’t write a cohesive story without taking at least like three pages. I wish I could write them short and to the point like he does since I always worry about dropping War and Peace on everyone when it’s hard to dedicate time in the day to read stories on here.

4 Likes

I blame tiktok and those pesky teachers lol

4 Likes

Not surprising.

2 Likes

No, but very disappointing.

2 Likes

If my writing were savaged by the great Spaghetti Dave I think I’d just die

6 Likes

Oh you…

1 Like

I hate that I missed this, since I’m like 95% sure it was directed at me specifically lol

6 Likes

In fairness you get pretty aggro when you don’t care for someone’s work.

1 Like

normally people have to pay a professional for humiliation like this. yikes.

1 Like

You should print and frame this comment:

4 Likes