Got a problem with my stories and how i make them ?

So its about time i adress the major elephant in the room … and well some of you have a problem with my storys … so heres what i have to honestly say … I DON’T GIVE A FUCK!!! about your negative or shitty attitude towards what i post i honestly don’t… i using this as a outlet … but since two toxict members fell like ’ oh I’m gonna put new members down just my work is fucking crap ’ yeah i don’t care and i wouldn’t have to make this if you would have just piss off and leave me alone without negative comments so if ya got a problem then ban me from here … if ya don’t then don’t leave negative shit post comments on my story’s plain and simple and don’t bother messaging me cause i have the two said toxics blocked … so yeah … thats all i have to say i really don’t give two FUCKS about negative toxic shit posters I’m doing my own thing and that’s it

4 Likes

I’m going to give you the same advice I’ve given a few other people here.

Don’t focus on the people who don’t like your stories. Focus on the people who do like them. You can’t please everyone.

If there’s even just one person here who likes your stories, then write for that one person.

If I didn’t follow my own advice, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.

8 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Look buddy. If you want someone to proofread you or help you with format, I’m sure several people would. But this? Doubling down on not getting any better really isn’t the way to get anyone to like your work. You might have some good ideas but honestly I generally avoid it since your formatting is pretty garbage. Ask for help. Get good.

Or, you know, throw a fit about it and double down. Whatever makes you feel better at night I guess.

18 Likes

This is a good point too, honestly. I’m not saying that people should ignore all constructive criticism, it’s good to listen to that.

I’m just saying that if someone really doesn’t like your content, then you shouldn’t try to please them at the expense of those who do like it.

And yeah, proper formatting is important too. @Shadowraiden23, I’ve been looking at your works, and they are a bit hard to read. You know you can use a line of dashes (----) to separate parts of a story, right?

Like that, see?

7 Likes

I think it’s the formatting that gets to me. I like the ideas, but…the formatting…

6 Likes

Taking a fast look at some of your works, I have to say this:

A number of them are…what seems to be just a paragraph or two? Even then, please stop using the ellipsis (…) as a period. It’s meant to be used for trailing off or implying something. It isn’t a replacement for the period. Along with that, the spacing in there, even on this post, is rather weird.

7 Likes

I’m kind of new too, and I got backlash from some users after posting my artwork and asking too many questions, so I dove for into the oldest posts. I could even find some from something called Booru, and I’m currently building my headcanon around the oldest ones, of course, adding twists and turns. Also, I’m studying horse anatomy and biology to help my art, and I learned that fluffies were created based on the MLP show and that they are made from many different slices of DNA, including human DNA and in some headcanon be Reprogrammed.

2 Likes

I’ve honestly just been ignoring your stuff because of the terrible formatting, but now I have even more reason to avoid it because you’ve proven yourself to be an immature individual that can’t take criticism.

13 Likes

I’m giving this guy a chance to change that. To listen to what people in this thread are saying. As someone who’s gotten more chances than I deserved, I feel like it would be hypocritical of me to not give someone else a chance.

2 Likes

Yeah well welcome to the exciting world of content creation. All of us here who have consistently put out either writings or art have had people raise a point or not like it. You know what you generally do when that happens? You take the criticism and work on it. Or, in your case, turn into a bitch-baby wiener boy. If you’re writing as an outlet, keep it in a fucking journal. Get yourself a nice little diary and write to your heart’s content. But if you decide your best route is to get on a public venue and both act/write like a special needs kid, people are going to kick you around.

9 Likes

I’ve been trying to avoid your stuff, I see I’m not the only one. I actually checked if I could block you or something because it felt like spam to me.
Rather than being shitty to you I tried to not interact but here we are, on the community post you made to flex on your “haters”
I don’t really make content, I’ve barely have thought of a story and haven’t written a word of it, but I do recommend you take advice from some of the more productive members of the site and at least update your format so it’s easier to read you.

6 Likes

Using your writing as an outlet and writing good are not mutually exclusive things. You can do both.

14 Likes

For real, if you don’t want to hear how people react to your writing, and you write only for yourself, then don’t post it. As soon as you post it, you are practically opting in for everyone to give their opinions, including the nagative ones

13 Likes

It’s what I did and people seemed to dig it.

9 Likes

Fair enough. I don’t know if this guy will take it, though.

1 Like

If you care about peoples opinions don’t post.

If you dont care. Why post?

Conceptually the few I’ve read were ok but on phone or desktop browser its just too hard to process the text with a minor reading disability.

Idk. I would be happy to take feedback to make better content.

7 Likes

As someone who is new and hasn’t created content yet (Still trying to get fluffy talk and anatomy down), I’d say take this as a chance to grow and improve! You have good stories, just tweak the format a little bit and you’ll be solid. I’m currently around 500 words into my first piece, and I’m pretty happy with it, but my formatting is wishy washy. I try to read and look at many people’s content to learn so when I do create content, I’m comfortable with the community and feedback.

There’s a lot of great people here, but what I’ve seen, they are truthful and WILL not sugar coat stuff. Try not to fly off the handle, and keep creating.

5 Likes

slow down on the quantity to focus on the quality. in this case i agree with others that formatting and grammar is the biggest problem. you don’t have to be perfect (hey, for example, i’m not capitalizing anything in this post) but it needs to be legible.

if you are not writing for other people then it would be best that you keep it to yourself. what’s the point?

you have some good ideas but i simply can’t read the stuff. sorry :frowning:

6 Likes

btw, to everyone here who feels the need to apologize because they aren’t content creators… well… don’t. you don’t need to apologize.

most content creators create in order to entertain (or challenge) their audience. that is the healthy way to do it.

your opinions matter.

and yeah, if you ever post content, you’ll receive retribution from those who you have criticized, but c’est la vie.

5 Likes