Grammar (Eded_ted)

GRAMMAReded_ted

Somebody once told me that the way you write “fluffy” in plural depends on your headcannon.

But I still get frustrated when I see somebody write it “fluffys”.

38 Likes

depends on your headcanon

No the fuck it doesn’t

13 Likes

Maybe the people writing “fluffys” are ESL?

2 Likes

Correction: Nobody once told me

1 Like

Many things depend on headcanon, but how to spell “fluffy” is probably not one of them.

I love this little professor guy though, that is the face of someone who has seen it spelled wrong far too many times.

8 Likes

A delusion of an illiterate 4th grader

6 Likes

Is he wearing that thing from a Clockwork Orange?

2 Likes

I mean, primarily I would do ‘Fluffies’ … But at the same time I could see certain sentences where it makes sense~ maybe?

2 Likes

To be fair, the English language rules/system doesn’t always apply like this, or make sense: Plural words that doesn’t end in an S, like children, people, teeth, feet, etc.

1 Like

Fun fact: A collection of Fluffies is called a nuisance.

5 Likes

oh i just type fluffys cuz im stupid, i know its ‘fluffies’, but im stupid, its like how none of my 'i’s are capitalized

3 Likes

It’s whichever looks best. English is descriptive, not proscriptive.

I would say ‘fluffies’, but ‘fluffys’ isn’t abhorrent.

1 Like

it is. have some standards

1 Like

Keep that up and imma get the sorry stick

2 Likes

Screw off, if Shakespeare didn’t bother to spell his name consistently, why do you get to say what the correct plural of an imaginary species is?

I hate prescriptivists. English got along fine without rules for hundreds of years, then some upper class twits decided to apply Latin rules to a mongrel Anglo-Saxon Norman language and screwed everything up. Now those rules are just an excuse to look down on people.

Edit: seriously, wtf difference does it make if you spell it “fluffies” or “fluffys”? The meaning is obvious either way. I really hate prescriptivists.

1 Like