Greetings by Gardel

CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!

“Alright got the new batch ready let’s go!”

Engine noises all around, the sound of someone hitting the side of the truck with an open hand. Inside we find boxes each full of foals born last night. In this fluffy factory farm foals never meet their parents, they slide out from the birth canal of quad-amputee mares lying on pods where they spend their entire lives feeding on NutriPaste, being inseminated by plastic needles and giving birth to fluffy foals they’ll never see, smell or hug. Like in a chicken hatchery the foals are transported through a conveyor belt where employees standing on both sides of it sort and select the foals. Good colored ones stay, bad colored ones and runts get thrown down a hole where they’ll be grinded and feed to their own mummahs and daddehs.

Some of the foals get sold wholesale to fluffy stores and pet shops. Others get corked and canned right there then stuck into vending machines where many will die unsold and unloved inside tiny plastic tubes or a trash bin. A few become surplus sold to other companies that make fluffy-based products.

One of them is Numel Supplies LLC.

One of the boxes inside the truck is going to them.

And inside of that box among many other foals is a tiny pink earthie filly sucking its tiny hoof.

This is her story.

She is one of the few foals that already opened her eyes. Because of this she was able to see its first hoomin face ever when an employee from Numel opened the box full of wood chips where she and many other foals had spent the last days traveling there. The only thing inside besides the foals and their droppings was a plastic bottle full of GMO foal formula with 6 rubber nipples on its sides so the foals wouldn’t all die from starvation on their trip. But a few did anyway.

“Yo Ted the new shitrats have arrive where-”

“DON’T call them that! don’t say any bad words we need them CLEAN!”

“Alright alright! where I put-”

“Unit #5 has 10 free slots, put some there then the rest go to units 6 and 7 when those foals are done”

“'Kay…”

“And don’t forget to code the right day! we don’t need any more returns with the wrong one!”

And without too much care or thought the little pink filly was placed in one of the slots, same as other 9 foals she wouldn’t see again.

“Mista? mista wewe am babbeh? wewe mummah?”

The employee didn’t answer, company policy was never to verbally interact with the foals at all, or at least not before the process is done. And so he simply closed the hatch of the slot after leaving the filly inside

“HUUUUHUUUU! NUUUUU! NU WIKE DAWK!”

The filly couldn’t hear anything, she went from being inside a box full of chirping foals like her to being completely alone in a box without any sounds.

Then suddenly a light…

“EEEEEEEE! see-pwace buwnies!”

The filly was in a metal box, there were no toys or a bed, no food. The floor was a wire mesh to let all droppings fall below.

There was only a tiny smartphone-sized screen. And suddenly it went on.

“Hewwo wittle fwuffy!” a CGI fluffy mare said to the filly. Any human would see it was clearly a simulation but to the limited brain of a foal that 3D animated mare might as well be right there.

“H-hewwo? nyu mummah?”

“Wittle babbeh am gud babbeh?”

“Y-yus! am gud babbeh!” said the filly, already excited at the prospect of finally having a mummah.

“Den gud babbeh sez-” [short break in recording] “I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!” [short break in recording] “nao babbeh sez!”

“Wu-wa?”

The screen goes off…

WEE-WOO

A loud sound followed by a bright light flash

“Wewe teevee gu-SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEE! WOWEST HUWTIES!” screamed the filly as a sudden jolt of electricity from the wire mesh floor hit her.

Lights came back and so did the little screen.

“Babbeh am bad babbeh! nu say wowdies!” said an angrier version of the CGI fluffy. [short break in recording] “Den gud babbeh sez-” [short break in recording] “I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!” [short break in recording] “nao babbeh sez!”

“Huuuuuuhuuu! huwties! pwease gib huggies to babbeh!”

The screen goes off again…

WEE-WOO

The sound, the bright light flash…

“SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEE! NUUUUUUU!”

“Babbeh am bad babbeh! nu say wowdies!” [short break in recording] “Den gud babbeh sez-” [short break in recording] “I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!” [short break in recording] “nao babbeh sez!”

“Huuuu! babbeh nu kno wa du!”

The screen goes off again…

WEE-WOO

“SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

And so it went for hours, at first the filly couldn’t understand what was going on. The pain being worst than any she had felt before in her short life was too strong, she couldn’t think straight.

Eventually the filly figured out she had to repeat the message

“B-babbeh wishies me-meu-”

WEE-WOO

"“SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Then a new message showed up on the screen

“Nu! dat nu cowwect wowdies! babbeh twy agen!”
. The system actually recognized the foal was trying, but it wouldn’t stop until it got it right.

It took the filly hours but it finally got it almost right

“I w-wish you a mewwy chwis-mas I w-wish you a mewwy chwis-mas I wish you a mewwy chwis-mas an a ha-happy new yeaw!”

“Yay babbeh am gud babbeh!” said the CGI fluffy on the screen. By this time the filly was starved, dehydrated, twitching from the endless electric shocks.

“Gud babbeh get miwkies and wawm!”. Then suddenly a slot below the screen opened to reveal a plastic nipple. At the same time a heat lamp on the roof went on providing heat to the foal similar to what a mare would provide.

“MIWKIES!” yelled the filly as it waddled towards the old rubber nipple as fast as her stubby legs would allow.

“Good babbeh, coo coo” said the fluffy on the screen

For the pink filly it was the first time ever she had a good time. All she could remember was feeling cold and alone, but now her nyu mummah said it was a good babbeh, gave her miwkies and warm.

Then she fell asleep…

Next day was the first checkup. The door opened and a human hand picked the filly still asleep inside.

“Alright this is foal No.3, unit #5, pink female, earthie, recording number 24” said the employee

“Yo, filly! wake up!” he said as he nudged the foal

“Wu-wa?” said the filly

“Say the thing fluffy!”

“We-wewe am? wewe mummah”

Without saying a word but with a face showing his disapointment the employee took a small plastic sorry stick and beat the foal

SLASH!

“EEEEEEE!”

SLASH!

“SCREEEEE!”

SLASH!

“EEEEEEEEE! NU HUWT!”

“Once.again.say.the.words” said the employee in a monotone voice making no effort to conceal his anger.

“HUUUU! WAN TEEVEE MUMMAH!”

SLASH!

SLASH!

SLASH!

The employee didn’t even give the filly enough time to scream between the lashes.

“Damn it Pablo don’t leave a mark!” yelled an older guy

“What? didn’t you said we had to use physical punishment?”

“Yeah but if you ruin the foal then its worthless, or it could get traumatized and go into that loop these things have”

The filly was bawling its tiny eyes out as it curled into a ball.

“Right right, so what now?”

“Shot her with the stimulants then throw it back into the slot”

A jet injector gun pressed against the skin of the filly

PSSH-TCHACK!

“EEEEEEEE! HUWT! WAAaaaaann…”

“Safe trip shitrat” -said the employee as he tossed the filly back inside and closed the lid of the slot.

The filly wasn’t asleep but it wasn’t awake either. It couldn’t understand how but the chemicals shot inside her where making her happy. The company used this to keep foals from entering the infamous wan-die loop after which they become useless and need to be discarded.

Then lights came on, the screen turned on again and the CGI mare was back…

“Hewwo wittle fwuffy!” [short break in recording] “Den gud babbeh sez-” [short break in recording] “I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!” [short break in recording] “nao babbeh sez!”

And the process began again. This time however the drugs inside the filly made it euphoric, enthusiastic even. She wanted to say the message.

And she did, over and over.

When she said it wrong she got shocked…

“SCREEEEEEEE! NUUUUUUUUU!”

When she said it right she got some miwkies and warm from the fake ‘bwight-pwace’ above her head.

Inside the ‘slot’ the filly had no notion of time. She had no toys to play with, not even a bed to sleep. When she was awake all the pink filly did was repeat the message over and over just as the screen said it.

“Hewwo wittle fwuffy!” [short break in recording] “Den gud babbeh sez-” [short break in recording] “I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!” [short break in recording] “nao babbeh sez!”

“I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!”

“Gud babbeh get miwkies and wawm!”-“Good babbeh, coo coo”

On and on

The miwkies were only a few drops, the warm lasted less than a minute.

Just a little taste, a bit of comfort so she would be compelled to do it again.

It was all engineered, all planned to get the foal to only do ONE thing.

Repeat the message.

Nothing else

Nothing more

Then one day the slot opened again.

“This one is done, system says 78% of time it did right, so good enough” said the employee

“Let’s test it”

One of the employees took a flashlight and nudged the filly. It immediately sit and adopted a pose similar to ‘wan-huggies’ then said the message

"“I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!”

“Great”

“Don’t give it any water! no matter how thirsty it is!”

“I know I know…man it smells!”

“Should I give it a bath?”

“Nah, just give her a double dose of the spray”

FFFFFFSH!

The filly felt scared, weird wawas were falling on her fluff. Her see-pwaces were getting buwnie feelings.

But she didn’t say a word, nothing, not even a quiet ‘huuu’. She did notice she smelt pretty now.

When she was able to open her eyes and see the light she said it again

“I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas I wish you a mewwy chwistmas an a happy new yeaw!”

“Right right, enough of that, Pablo hand me the capsule gun”

The filly got scared, the old human pinched her nape and suddenly she felt the worsest huwties ever!

But still she didn’t scream, just cried in silence as tears stained her tiny cheecks.

“Had me the acid dropper”

The filly felt a horrible burning sensation in her special place. She sucked her hoof to bear the awful pain.

“Spaying done, now hand me the cork gun”

Suddenly she felt the warm embrace of the human’s hand.

It felt great

It felt right.

But as the old man formed a fist the filly felt a cold thing near her ‘poopie place’. It was followed by a clicking nose and then she felt how two things entered her and left something inside.

“Done, corked, hand me the package…no not the pink one! the red one!”

The filly was then placed into a tiny red box, it had some green leafy-things inside. There were also some red berry-looking things which something inside the filly’s genetically-programmed brain told her might be “toys”, specifically something called “bawl”.

As the filly tried to grab one the employee stopped her.

“No don’t touch that, its not food or anything just plastic”

The filly didn’t understand, so it did the pose and said it again

“Save it for the customers…” say the employee as it put the lid on the box. It was red too and had a white bow on it.

A few forevers passed, or at least that’s how it felt like to the filly being in complete darkness. It had no miwkies or water, she was so thirsty she couldn’t even pee. Something in her poopie-place didn’t let her do any poopies.

She could hear rustling noises and the ocassional PEEP!near her.

But more than all she could smell it: other foals, in between the same pretty smell of the buwnies wawas they sprayed on her before.

Unbeknownst to the filly the box in which she lived was only one of many which would end up in the shelf of a Wal-Mart. She felt some sudden movements when clerks took her tiny box and the tiny boxes with other foals and put them on a display in the middle of an aisle. The filly couldn’t know that one of these movements was a human buying her.

After a while of hearing strange ‘vroom’ noises similar to some she heard as a tiny filly she started to hear other noises.

Hoomins.

They were happy, they were laughing. Some part deep in her brain told her it was good, that hoomins were good, that they liked here. That they wanted a fluffy. That she would get food, love, huggies.

She couldn’t understand what the hoomins where saying…

“Hey Tommie come check this thing I got, bring the kids”

“Better not be another prank Rick!”

“Come on man! oh and bring the camera”

Suddenly the lid of the box slowly opened

The filly saw the light

She saw all those hoomins around her

They looked like the employees that used to beat her, hurt her special special-place, hurt her poopie-place.

But they…were smiling. A switch in her brain, the one that tells her hoomins are always good, turned on.

And yet instead of asking for a ‘nyu mummah’ or daddeh, for nummies, for hugs…she said it.

Art by @Titanfluff

All the humans had big smiles on them. The kids loved it.

“Nice one Rick! where did you get it?”

“On Wal-Mart, its a Greetings Fluffy” he said as he put the lid back.

“Uncle Rick uncle Rick! do it again!” said a little girl

“Sure!” said Rick as he opened the box

And the filly saw the light, and said it again

Then he put the lid back on.

The girl was laughing and clapping her hands, for Rick that was well worth the $20 he paid for the foal. Its cheaper since it was a generic one with a regular holidays message. Had he ordered a custom foal with a special personalized message it would’ve been at least $50 or more.

“Uncle are you going to keep the foal?” asked a slightly older boy

“No Dennis, uncle Rick don’t have enough space for a fluffy”. He wasn’t lying, his tiny bachelor apartment didn’t allow pets let alone as his landlord called them “those fucking filthy shitrats”

“…so, what’s going to happen to it?”

“Don’t worry amee-gou!” said Rick in a really bad attempt at spanish. “I’m sending this one straight to skettiland to live with the other fluffies!”

“Really? awesome!”

Rick kept using the filly a few times, let other people at the christmas party pop the lid and see the fluffy do the song-thing. The pink filly kept doing it over and over. She didn’t make one mistake…and yet she never got miwkies or warm, never a “good babbeh” or any praise really. The hoomins didn’t even touch her, let alone give her scratchies or pet her.

The lid went off, light…

…and then back on again, darkness.

At the end of the party the filly was still inside the box, lid on. As Rick helped his sister-in-law clean the place his brother Tom asked him

“So what you’re gonna do with the foal thing?”

“Why send it to skettiland Tommie…”

“Come on Rick…”

“I know I know, I said that for the kids, anyway…”

“You’re gonna take it to the shelter? I mean that’s what we did with that X-Mas fluffy colt Mom sent us last year. You know, after it got old and ugly…”

“Maybe, is it open?”

“What, now? on christmas? no way, maybe tomorrow”

“Crap, can’t take it home, could I…”

“Here? no way, don’t want the kids to get attached again only to make me take care of it and clean its shit”

“Alright bro chill! let me check something first…” said Rick as he walked towards the table where he left the box with the filly inside.

He took the box and flipped it to read the instructions printed at the base. The filly inside was tumbling around and in pain but didn’t say a word.

“Let’s see…right, I know what to do” Rick said as he opened the lid

“I wish you a mewwy chwismas I wish yo—EEEEP!” said the filly as Rick roughly took her out of the box

“Yeah whatever” he said as he felt around the filly’s back using his index finger

“Here it is!”

“What you mean Rick?”

“It says on the box every foal comes with a capsule under the skin, its for when you’re done using it”

“So you gonna kill it?”

A chill ran through the filly’s spine, she knew what those words meant: forever sleepies. And yet she said nothing, all the indoctrination she received was stronger than the utter fear she felt at that time.

“Nah, I mean I could if I press both ends of the capsule. That releases the poison, but if I only press here it releases a sedative instead”

CRICK!

The filly heard a noise behind her head followed by a strange feeling, a good feeling, then she was falling asleep…

“So what now?”

“Don’t know Tommie, guess I’ll release it”

“Dude that’s illegal!”

“Relax bro! its fixed by the factory! you wont be seeing any feral shitrats running around. Hell with this weather it might not even survive the night”

“I don’t know, besides maybe the shelter would be better for it.”

“Look Tommy is christmas, I can’t do it alright? Besides who knows maybe it will actually have a happy life outside”

As Rick said that he opened the door and walked a few steps out into the cold. He flipped the tiny box and let the pink earthie filly gently fall to the grass below.

He then threw the box into the trash bin and went back inside closing the door behind him.

Unlike most of the other Greetings Fluffies like her she was still alive. She got the sedative end of the capsule rather than the poison one unlike 70% of the other Greetings Fluffies.

When she woke up the next morning in the front yard of the house she was suffering withdrawal symptoms from the stimulants, fatigued, cold, hungry, thirsty.

But worse of all she didn’t know what to do.

So she simply said it

Again

Again

And again…

…to nobody, there were no humans around. They were too busy enjoying the christmas morning inside their warm houses.

Eventually she figured out she could eat the grass around her, and so she did. She also licked some of the ice on the sidewalk to quench her thirst.

Then she started walking, aimlessly…to nowhere

Its been two months since that

The filly is now a fully-grown pink earthie mare

She now walks the alleyways of the city looking for trashie-nummies to eat

As she walks he keeps repeating an increasingly broken version of the original message she was brainwashed into repeating

“I wu-wu-ish u khwismas I wi-wish u a mew khwismas I…fwuffy…babbeh…khwismas…”

She wasn’t the only Greetings Fluffy to be thrown away outside ratter than in the trash either as a lot of people much like Rick genuinely believe it could survive. Most didn’t and this pink mare was one of the very rare Greetings Fluffies to actually make it to adulthood instead of dying as a foal under the sole of a shoe, the paw of a dog or the claws of a bird.

She was however stunted for life, she couldn’t say anything but the message. Being fixed meant no more feral foals but also no babbehs, ever.

Now that she would know what to do with babbehs, not anymore. Her indoctrination even override hasbio’s programming.

“Fwuffy awone? nee fwend? huggies?” said to her a dusty blue feral pegasus stallion

The pink mare stopped, looking at him.

She awkwardly got into the huggies pose and said

“I wu-wu-ish u khwismas I wi-wish u a mew khwismas I…fwuffy…khwismas…happy yeaw”

“Huh? wa?” said the stallion, visibly scared by the mare

Art by @Titanfluff

“I wu-wu-ish u khwismas I wi-wish u a mew khwismas I…khwismas…miwkies…coo”

The stallion simply started waddling away as the pink mare kept repeating the broken message over and over.

As she always did

As she was meant to do.

84 Likes

My brain:

13 Likes

pretty sure this is one of the happier, more upbeat endings to your stories

4 Likes

Damn this legendary story again. So demented, love it man

5 Likes

Nah I have better ones

Such a great story, it’s horrible and I love it.

She looks like a crackhead at the end. lol

2 Likes