Growth timeline for Standard and Micro fluffs (By Labcoat)

Just wanted to make a timeline for all the fluff types I personally draw. (or plan to draw)
This is just my personally timeline, if yours differs let me know how.

Newborns/Chirpy babies - Lacking in any real means of movement at this stage, they rely on scent and feel finding comfort in warm sounds and soft things. Very dependent on a steady supply of mother’s milk, often dying if not provided every 24-36 hours. The fluff is most likely to die of health defects or neglect at this stage.

Talkie babies - Developed enough to move around a bit but lack any sort of coordination, having opened their eyes for the first time these babies are the most curious finding amusement in the simplest of things. They often stumble around their mothers but can be easily distracted.

Walkie babies - Developed enough to play all day at this stage. Their manes and tails will start to fully come in. Insisting they are not babies but often still requiring help with basic things. This is the most important time for training as many fluffs begin behavioral habits at this stage. Softened kibble mixed with milk can be given in place of direct feeding, by the end of this stage they will be weened completely.

Young Fluffies - Adolescent fluffies that have started experiencing a sex drive. These fluffs will often act out in an attempt to reproduce. They just start to understand social structures such as herd dynamics or color bias. This is the make or break phase for most owners, being able to tolerate this period of whining, begging or out right disobedience. This is the best time for breeders to starting breaking in new Stallions.

Adult fluffs - Fluff developed and stable. Their attitudes and behaviors are largely set at this point unless drastic action is taken to adjust it. They still desire to reproduce at any given opportunity but they also adhere to strong social structures at this age. If color bias or smarty syndrome has not been corrected there is little to be done to fix it.

Standard fluffy
Average gestation period: 2 months, Average litter size: 3-5

Micro-Fluffy
Average gestation period: 1 month, Average litter size: 5-8

Bonus Puff fluff doodle
I love the design of those over stuffed spheres and wanted to draw a few myself. I plan on doing more of these timelines, specifically for Garden fluffs and Sea fluffs. Might add them as well.
Not sure how I feel about adding color to their eyes, wanted to try it.

58 Likes

Cuties!!

2 Likes

Interesting,do fluffies only live to be around five in your headcanon? Our timelines are very similar,I tend to base mine off of cat/kitten development,maybe that’s why my fluffies live so long!
I like the colored eyes.

2 Likes

Thanks! I might start including the color, Idk, on one hand I like it on the other its more work lol. The little stuff always adds up. and yes the standards live for 5-7 years with exceptions of course. Each sub-group has a different age range. Micros and Puffs lasting only 2-4 years, Sea fluffs 3-4 and Garden fluffs lasting 7-9 years. Basing them off cats was a good idea, I created mine from just lurking back in the old booru days.
That is also why Gardens are the most expensive fluffies, at least in my headcanon. Alicorn or not.