Halloweenies - By Spaghetti Dave

Halloweenies
By SpaghettiDave

Dennis had a disgusted look on his face as his mother set down a pet carrier on the table. “I’ve got your birthday present!” She was ignoring his teenage sour attitude, because what now seventeen year old boy really wanted what could be in this crate. It wasn’t money. It wasn’t a girlfriend. His mother opened up the crate door and spun it so the opening was facing him, “c’mon out, darling!”

An orange mare happily trotted out, her yellow and white mane and tail waving happily, “hewwo! Mummah am Jackie!”

Dennis’ scowl turned to disgust. “Jackie? Mom, really? You got me a fluffy? A fluffy that looks like candy corn? I’m SEVENTEEN! I don’t want a fluffy, I want a car!”

Sandra chuckled, she was used to his teenage rants and temperaments already, “where you gonna drive? You don’t got a job to pay for gas, and you sure don’t have any friends. Maybe Jackie can help you get a girlfriend.” She paused. Jackie’s comment finally sinking in, “Hey, girl, what do you mean, ‘mummah’?”

Jackie looked up at Sandra and smiled big, her bright blue eyes sparking, “Jackie am soon mummah! Hab tummie babbehs!” She looked back at Dennis, “yu am nyu daddeh? Jackie hab bes daddeh! Daddeh am su taww an’ nice! Daddeh hab pwetty wed haiw!” She sat on her rump, her stomach in this position looked clearly pregnant, “daddeh wan gib upsies and huggies?”

“That bitch, I’m calling Sarah right now and giving her a piece of my mind!” Sandra stormed out of the room, leaving Jackie and Dennis alone.

“I don’t want you.”

“Buh, Jackie wub yu! Yu am nyu widdle dadddeh! Widdlest daddeh!” Each sentence like a knife in his heart, as if he wasn’t tormented for being a ginger, or being tall, and now this fluffy was mocking him.

“Nah, fam, you’re mom’s fluffy.” He wanted nothing to do with her.

It was then that Jackie turned up the manipulation to 11. “Buh…” Her lips trembled and her legs lowered to her sides slowly, “buh yu am nyu daddeh. Mummah teww Jackie aww ‘bout yu, dat yu su nice an’ pwetty, and yu mummah’s fabowite babbeh.” Her eyes glistened, a single large tear forming in her right eye. “Mummah teww Jackie dat nyu daddeh gib wots of huggies an wub, an aww fwuffies nee wub and huggies. 'Speciawwy soon mummahs, hab babbies dat nee bestest daddeh…” The tear rolled and soaked into her orange fluff.

Dennis sighed loudly. “FINE!” His hand reached out to pet the top of her head. It was surprising, her fluff was literally the softest thing he had ever felt. Jackie’s eyes closed and she pressed her head into his hand, smiling.

“Happy Birthday!” Sandra yelled loudly as she came back into the kitchen. “Sarah is paying for a checkup at the vet. And since you want to drive so badly, you can take her.” The keys flew through the air at Dennis, “appointment is in a half hour.”

“Fine, whatever, mom.” He scowled, yet Jackie didn’t care, she kept enjoying her new daddeh giving her head scratchies.

“C’mon back with me.” Sammy motioned for Dennis to follow, the carrier in his hand. “So you just got a new fluffy?”

“Yeah, my mom got it for me for a present.” He lowered his voice a bit, “I don’t really want a fluffy…” He opened the carrier and set Jackie on the exam table, “and turned out, she’s pregnant too.”

“I heard about that. It happens. Can you bring her from the crate?” Sammy set down the chart and opened the back door,

Dennis plopped the fluffy on the table, Jackie waved, “hewwo! Nyu fwend?”

Sammy giggled, “I am!”

“Soon mummah am Jackie!” She sat on her rump and held out her legs, “huggies?”

“Maybe after I’m done, okay?”

Sammy diverted Dennis’ attention. “So, I’ll probably have you distract her while I give her a few booster shots. She’s a cutie though. Why didn’t you name her Candycorn?”

“O M G! That’s exactly what I asked!” Sammy smiled at him, and he became completely enamored and forgot suddenly what they were talking about. “Oh, uh… yeah. I…” He nervously ran his hand through his hair, suddenly aware at how lanky and gingerly he was.

Sammy knew she was cute, but it wasn’t often she could tease someone like this. “Mmmhmm… Well, let’s check her out.”

As the exam finished she provided him a list of items that a first time fluffy owner would need, including a list of items to take care of her babies. Before ushering him out of the room, she gave him another smile, “Make sure to bring her back after she has the babies.”

“Oh, uh… yeah.” Dennis wasn’t good around girls, even Jackie could tell.

It was several weeks later when Dennis was woken up by a scream “bigges’ poopies!” It was even more traumatic for him since the safe room was his bedroom.

“MOM!” And nothing can wake up a mother faster than their child screaming for them at 4am.

It took only a half hour before Jackie had four foals. Sandra, already being a mom, helped with the more graphic work of cleaning up the fluffy and helping with the foals. An orange male unicorn, a cream colored female earthy, a red female unicorn, and dark gray male pegasus.

As the foals got bigger, a favorite of Dennis’ quickly emerged. He was dark gray and his mane and tail were coming out a gold and purple color. His eyes were golden, the color of freshly fallen leaves. He was energetic and playful. At no point did Dennis think he’d turn into someone that actually enjoyed having a fluffy. Jackie was fine, but her personality had all centered around her “tummy babbehs” and now “talkie walkie babbehs.” But, this foal, this foal was quickly becoming his best friend.

“Mom, I wanna keep one of 'em.”

Sandra knew this was coming, “oh? But didn’t you say you didn’t want a fluffy?” She tried her best to hide her smile. It hadn’t take much convincing, especially when he pointed out that Jackie like his mother more than him. And the little guy grew on him so fast. They had already discussed giving the foals away and getting Jackie fixed.

“Well, if I let you keep him, what’s his name?”

“I was thinking…”

“You know how?”

“Shut it, mom. I really like A Nightmare Before Christmas. And since you already have a fluffy called Jackie, how about I call him Skelly, short for Skellington?”

Sandra got off the couch and had to reach up to mess his hair, “he’s all yours now.”

The air was getting brisk and the leaves had turned and fallen. Dennis would take both Skelly and Jackie outside to let them roam the yard while he raked leaves. A half hour task ended up taking two hours, as Skelly loved bounding through the leaves, chasing his mother around the yard.

Skelly was getting bigger, he was a third of the size of his mother, he could talk, run, and play. His favorite game was literally anything with Dennis. The two quickly becoming inseparable.

“Dennis, are you going trick or treating?”

“Oh my god, mom, I’m 17! No!” He slammed his bedroom door, Skelly jumped at the sound, looking at Dennis, alarmed.

“Fine, then you are handing out candy with me! We are gonna wear matching outfits!” Sandra yelled up the stairs, knowing full well how to push her sons buttons.

“Fine! Then I’m going out!”

“Only if you take the fluffies with you.”

SLAM STOMP STOMP STOMP
“WHAT?”

“I bought them costumes. Just take them to a few houses to show them off to the neighbors. It’ll be cute.” She smiled, she had already won. “Mr Bradford said he’s been dying to meet Skelly.”

Just two days later, it was Halloween. On Jackie, she was an earthie with fake angel wings and a halo. She craned her head and excitedly babbled on about being a wingie fluffy.

Skelly, well, Sandra picked out a tiny Tshirt with a knock off Superman S on the front and a tiny red cape. Skelly ran around the living room making whooshing sounds, his wings fluttering under the cape.

With two leashes in hand and a “Scream” mask on top of his head they went walking. It was a hour before the official start time, but he didn’t want to get caught up in the rush or deal with all the kids in the dark while trying to wrangle two fluffies.

“C’mon, you two gotta say it.”

Both fluffies in unison, “twick ow tweats!”

“Harold! Come see this!”

“Hello Mrs. Bradford.”

“Oh my they are just DARLING! HAROLD!” She screamed again. “An angel. And what are you, little one?”

“Fwuffy am Skewwy! Skewwy am Supafwuffy!”

“Oh my god you sure are!” Dennis had never seen a woman her age squeal before. “Here are some special spaghetti treats, your mom gave them to me for this.” Mr. Bradford made his way to the door to see the two, he nodded, waved, grunted, then disappeared back into the house.

"Thank you!
“Tank 'ou!” Both fluffies echoed.

After the third house, and nearly identical reactions, it was time to head back, the sky turning shades of pink and violet. Dennis pulled down the mask and dropped the leashes.

“ROARRRRRRR!”

Jackie looked back and screamed, “screeeeeeee!” Her body went rigid and she fell over, something red covered her body.

Skelly fell to his stomach and covered his eyes with his hooves, “nu munsta fin Skelly!”. His tiny body shivering under the cape.

“Babbeh! Wun!”

“Mummah!” Skelly looked to see his mother on her side covered in booboo juice.

“Babbeh, wun, find daddeh!” She lifted her head, “wemembuh, mummah awways wub yu.”

“Nu! Nu weave mummah!” Skelly looked up at Dennis, still in the same outfit, just the mask covering his face, “nu hurt mummah, ow babbeh. Am jus widdle babbeh! Nee find daddeh!” He scooted over to Jackie, covering her body with his, booboo juice soaking into his blue shirt. The red standing out against the blue, and his dark gray fluff.

“Nu, babbeh…” Her head dropped to the ground again, “mummah am goin foweba sweepies. Yu… Yu be gud babbeh fow bestest daddeh.”

Skelly started crying.

Kids were coming out now, dressed in a variety of costumes, yet most were watching Dennis standing over two fluffies that were crying and saying their final goodbyes. Not a single person approached him.

“Pwease mummah, nu go! Nee mummah!”. He pounded his tiny hooves on her side, “nu go foweba sweepies! Huuuu!” Snot and tears making his face a mess.

“Skewwy, babbeh, fabowite babbeh. It am otay. Yu hab daddeh and housie. Yu have wub and huggies. Mummah gun go foweba sweepies nao.”

“Nuuuu!”

Jackie lifted her head again, “wemembuh tu make onwy gud poopies in witta bawks.”

Skelly sniffled, “yus mummah.”

“An… wisten tu daddeh.” Again she lowered her head.

“Yus mummah,” Skelly wiped his snotty nose into her fluff.

“Mummah am gunna go tu sketti wand an pway wif spechul fwend.” She sighed, and looked up at Dennis, still in the mask. She gasped and forced out a wheeze.

“Wub mummah,” Skelly hugged into her, “wiww miss mummah.”

“Babbeh, geh webenge fow mummah. Yu hab to gib foweba sweepies to da munsta dat givlb mummah foweba sweepies! Promise?”

“Skewwy promise!”

“Mummah see bwite pwace! Jackie comin’ spechul fwend” she called out to no one in particular.

Dennis lifted the mask and knelt down and turned off the flashlight. Jackie was on her side, side eying him. “Daddeh?” He wiped some of the red liquid onto his finger and shoved it into her mouth.

It was sweet. It was ketchup.

“Nu… Nu am booboo jooce?”

“No, you’re not dying.” Dennis patted the small ketchup bottle in his pocket. “Let’s go home, you both need a bath.”

This is from the foal gifted by @Gal-with-pastels
Skelly

23 Likes

Who said this?

Good catch, had a formatting issue. That was Dennis. Fixed.

Lol, Dennis saying omg is funny

1 Like

Oh my god it’s hilarious seeing owners and fluffies pull pranks on others, that one was well thought out! Bravo!

1 Like