Headcanons for my stories (Science Dude)

So. I figured I should post my headcanons before I actually start writing my stories. The main headcanon in my stories is that each Fluffy artist is an in-universe Hasbio employee, and their fluffies are a variant line to the basic Hasbio line.

Like, you could be resting in a park and see fluffies made by Foxhoarder playing with fluffies made by Carpdime, and by Mutagen, and by Muffin. The variant lines are basically a way for Hasbio to make more money. Basically, each variant tends to offer some/many things over the basic model.

Some examples.

The basic line is the undescribed fluffies in stories, the generic line that sells for cheap in Fluffmart. They grow fast, from newborn to adult in a month, then die of old age a month later. You pretty much get some ads in the fluffy care pamphlet of a basic model telling you about the more expensive variants that are pretty much better in everyway.

The Great White Nope variant would be a feral deterring ‘Guard Fluffy’. By the average fluffy standards, the G.W.N variant is a towering titan of a fluffy, easily two or three times taller than the average fluffy. A feral takes one look at the massive fluffy and would usually run.

The Carnivorous Duck fluffies are practically made to be Litter Pals. Fluffies love pretty things, so to other variants, the C.D variant of fluffy would be…not up to their standards. The C.D line would be able to live much longer than a Litter Pal of any other variant.

The Mwike variant is made to look nauseatingly cute, one of the various Designer Lines of fluffies. But when people talk about how frail this variant is, it’s more about how easy their legs come off. As a designer fluff, they are pretty much made to be carried or put on display, so they were pretty much made to be pillowed. The Mwike line, due to being a designer variant, has tougher skin and skull and spine. A fall that lands them on their head won’t kill them, and even accidentally stepping on one won’t burst it.

Anyway, that is pretty much it for my headcanon. As for if fluffies in my stories are meatsuits that are piloted by a glitchy organic computer with pre-programmed responses or if they are talking animals? It may vary form story to story, or just not come up.

Also, a side note. I saw someone wondering on the reddit about how frail fluffies can live in the wild, or why people buy fluffies when they can just catch one. So I guess I should mention how the world of fluffies in my stories is. It’s all a big scam from Hasbio.

Basically, they run a ‘You get what you pay for!’ scheme. Using the an adult age fluffy of the generic fluffy variant as a baseline for pricing seven digits, you get a fluffy that has the same voice, personality, and looks as an alicorn from the show. The upper six digit range is for a main character, mid to low is for secondary characters. Five digits is for background characters.

Now the four digit range is for the deluxe ‘perfect’ fluffies you see in the commercials.

The kind that instinctively know what a litterbox is and how to use it. They never break rules and are kindness given flesh. They can sing and dance and are smart enough to count and read, and creative enough to tell stories. Heck, they can even train a puppy to use a litterbox. And they are durable enough to get a full force hug with no problem. Too much cash? No problem, that’s what Fluffmart is for.

Fluffmart sells average durability/smarts/temperament fluffies for the three digit price range. These ones need trained and taught to follow the rules, but if raised well, are a great toy/pet/friend. The Sorry items are not constantly needed with this type, just a slight tap from a Sorry Stick would cause one of these fluffies to start sobbing. There is a small chance for this price range of fluffy to grow up to be a Smarty, but properly raised, that should be fine.

Three digits still to much? A normal pet store gets low quality shipments with a MSRP of double digits from Hasbio. These fluffies tend to run the risk of growing up to be a Smarty if you do not discipline them. Sorry item use is recommended if they get belligerent. These fluffies tend to be dumb and a bit more frail. All fluffies clot fast so they don’t spill blood everywhere if they get hurt, but cheaper fluffies can be more frail and prone to illness.

Feral fluffies? Free, but totally random with what you get. Maybe you get a sweet little angel that is real dumb. Maybe it’s a frail fluffy that gets sick often. It could be a a foal that grows up to be a Hellgremlin. Just luck of the draw.

Now, as to why there seem to be no end to feral fluffies, creatures that tend to be dumb and frail? Hasbio sometimes may lose a shipment of fluffies to a pet store or a Fluffmart. Sometimes they “lose” a shipment of fluffies or a low quality breeder model. And with Hellgremlins spreading their genes, or little food and poor nutrition causing fluffies to not have a well developed brain or body as they grow, that basically ensures that generations of wild fluffies to be such low quality, that most people would go buy fluffies.

5 Likes

You just reminded me of my Sam Adams Guide, which is the same concept of Fluffy artist is an in-universe Hasbio employee, and their fluffies are a variant line to the basic Hasbio line. I should get round to posting that soon.

3 Likes

Oh, I did not realize that was already a headcanon. I just kinda rolled with that idea to provide variety to any stories that I would write. Were you the one that also made the Fluffspeak Primer?

1 Like

Its a headcanon I actually applied to some of my stories as well. You can see it in Muthu, as well as Policefluffs 2. It even made its way into my ongoing tribute to Carpdime;s Avocado, where I mentioned the Waggytail breed. Of course, that doesn’t mean you can’t do your own take on it, just felt like pointing out that I did something similar as well.

No, I didn’t write the FLuffspeak primer, Feyascia did. Ohno also did a comic about it.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I could not remember who made the primer.

I did write my own headcanon regarding fluffspeak though, which became the basis for my longest one-shot fluffy story to date

On a side note, I guess its time.

1 Like

Just updating my headcanon, adding a bit more info to it.