Help with Kraken Monster Micro-Fluffy Idea

Hello 1st time poster, not too long member of the FC community.
I am currently working on a project which im probably more likely gonna commission as my art skill is lacking :sweat_smile: so before i do my anxious rambling lemme just give you a rundown:

Some people here may or may not remember the toys Monster in My Pocket? Where you got mini monsters that are pocket portable… so i thought “Why not have MicroFluffies based on mythological monsters?”
Then this led to a crazy amount of brainstorming for the past couple months. My thought process boiled down to:
1.) Think of a biome
2.) What of a monster in that location
3.) How do they thrive in this location?
4.) How do they hunt?
To give a rundown on what makes this brand of micros different from the normal ones is kinda strange. Basically unlike a normal fluffy they don’t really need to be fed too often, they don’t produce excrement, they don’t mate or really reproduce and are preferably kept in a solitary living condition.
Each different type of Micro Monster has a themed terrarium which provides most of their basic needs and housing with added bonuses like traps, and other features that make this terrarium into a death trap because these critters solely live off micros so its not too different to feeding a pet Spider or scorion crickets or beetles.

Now to the meat of this and reason as to why I’m posting… I am working on a Kraken Micro which in appearance would resemble a Seafluffy due it is fully aquatic with a few differences, for starters their size is roughly three times the size of a typical Micro, this is based on the headcanon that a typical micro is at most 2 inches long and this Monster is about 6 inches long.
The terrarium is designed like an island archipelago with two or three islands.

The problem im conflicted with, is I’m conflicted whether they woukd only feed on bowl micros or micros that can move a tiny boat and what traps or adverse conditions to target prey micros.
I would like to hear your ideas on any terrarium, features etc thst makes this terrarium a great lair for this aquatic monster or even any abilities the FluffKraken might have that sounds cool.

Thank you for reading and sorry if its a mouthful :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I said it many times and i will say it again: a fluffy subspecies with no downsides is a boring fluffy

2 Likes

Both could work, as long as you give micros a reason to cross the water, like a second island with a bowl of plastic sketty. There is no reason for an owner to stick to only one option

3 Likes

That is a good idea , plastic scented sketties, a good looking nest reasy for a family to move in etc

2 Likes

Would you argue indefinite lifespan be a downside?

1 Like

No way. It’s too cost efficient. A fluffy that you need to buy only once is a massive plus
What if you drop the “doesn’t need a lot of food” part, and crank it up to eleven. A fluffy kraken needs quite a lot of food, which means that not only does the owner have to get a lot of micros every day, but also make sure that enough get over their fear of water and cross to the second island so the kraken could feed

3 Likes

True… true… what if it needs alot but it mostly hibernates like the Kraken in Clash of the Titans? Like it can go a a few days without food but when you ring that dinber gong and release the kraken they feel famished? Also micro bowls might help with that critera as they dont seem to have a water phobia.

2 Likes

I’d say it hibernate only because it needs time to digest the equivalent of it’s own bodyweight. The gong is just a genetically preprogrammed pavlov dogs effect to make it wake up a bit earlier

4 Likes

Good idea like a trained dog with a whistle or somethingif that nature.

also for terrarium features you thibk it should have storm similarion or small predators or whirlpools orr some other traos

1 Like

Are they by the same people as Kitty In My Pocket and Puppy In My Pocket? I grew up in the 2000s so I remember those and had (and still have) a lot of those.

I think they are? My memory is hazy on that part :sweat_smile:
Ipon a bit of googling Yes they are made by the same people

1 Like

ok, one thing i can point out is that it might be able to color change or squeeze through tight spaces, not to mention the intelligence that octopi and squid have and all those may lead to escapes and not being able to be seen

1 Like

That is both brilliant and funny… imagine this fella climbing up to hold human owner’s hand when climbing up the glass also that cuttlefish/mimic ovtopus thing sounds perfect too

1 Like

now that you mention cuttlefish, there are two sides to the color change of the animal, on one hand its pretty to watch, on the other, it could lead to seizures

1 Like

Oh like a siren thing to captivate prey from swimming away or to sail towards pretty lights?

1 Like

three downsides with big prominence, also since it would be water dependent, if/when it escaped and the owner idnt know or it didnt get back to the water in time the owner would need to get another one, so thats another downside.

1 Like

But like a octopus or dare i say a mantis shrimp, they know food is handed to them so probably won’t escape but have funny way of showing affection like hugging with tentscles or so? But restocking lil ships might be a downside if you dont got microbowls

1 Like

also, ive seen a headcanon that has the feeder fluffies, which are a type of small aqua fluffs that could be an answer for the feeding problem

1 Like

You mean like sea fluffies or bowl fluffies?

sea fluffies

2 Likes