Hobby Horse chapter 6, by skettiswipuh (Virgil)

Beef Supreme could tell that the hoomin and the that other fwuffy were going to play a trick on him. But that’s okay. He was a big smart stallion, and leader of the herd.
Nobody could outsmart Beef Supweme. He waited for them to come and try to trick him.
He got so excited that his no-no stick pulsed and thumped against his own belly.

Outside the door Farmer Bob was adjusting a collar with a small bell on it.
He quietly hung the bell around Panini’s neck, and tightened down the strap.
“Panini. I’m going to go in and talk to Poopie Supreme, now.”
Panini smiled a bit when Farmer Bob used the secret name he called the big red stallion, but he could tell that this was a serious talk, and so he listened as seriously as he could.

"I want you to stand by the door, and listen. There’s a special word I want you to listen for, okay? "
“'kay” the fluffy breathed his response
“Good. When I say the word ‘Lieutenant’, I want you to march in.”
“um, 'kay daddeh.”
“Do you know what marching is?”
“Nu daddeh”
“That’s okay” Bob smiled and stood to his feet to give a demonstration
“When we march, we’re not afraid of anything.” Bob began marching in place
“We march in with our head held high, we look straight forward, and we don’t ever act scared. Try it with me. HUP-two-three-four HUP-two-three-four”
Panini quickly fell into the cadence and started stomping his hoofies to the beat of his daddeh’s boots. He’d lift his left front, and right rear feet in time, drop them, and then lift his left rear and right front feet, and pomf them onto the dirt. He even took up the cadence call.
“Hup-too-fwee-fow”
Little Panini smiled from ear to ear as he practiced his marching with Farmer Bob.
Bob softly spoke “Company HALT” and he stopped marching
Half a beat later Panini halted his marching too.

The old man knelt down and looked Panini in the eyes
“Good marching. Well done.”
the young stallion beamed with pride
“Now, can you remember what the secret word is?”

The fluffy’s strong expression drained from his face as he tried to remember the special word
“…woo…woo…ten…et!”
Bob repeated the word back to him
“Lieutenant”
“Wootenat!”

Bob had to smile at the pronunciation.
“Okay, good enough. I think we’re ready now.
When you hear the secret word, you come marching in, okay?”
“Yuh, otay!”

Farmer bob stood up, grabbed another collar off of the shelf, and stepped through the door, leaving it slightly cracked open so Panini could push it open, later.

Bob purposefully stalked into the room, put his hands on his hips, and looked down at Beef Supreme. The red stallion had been waiting for him and glared back into Bob’s eyes, a little rivulet of urine dribbled from his cock.

“Beef Supreme” Bob began “Do you think you’re in charge of this herd?”

“Yuh!” the stallion jumped to make his point “Yuh! Beef Supweme am baws of hewd! An…an…an fwuffy is gon’ giv yu foweba sweepies when yu nawt hide behind dat wawl!”

Bob tried to hide a smile, and then stepped across the partition wall, before kneeling down to look at Beef Supreme more directly.
The fluffy backed away and dropped a couple of poops, but in general he stood his ground

Farmer Bob raised a hand, and put it on his pocket. The fluffy started to shake.

“Beef Supreme”

the fluff’s breath came in little excited gasps

“We think you should be the boss of the herd, too”

The fluffy stallion’s little brain was trying to move a mile a minute
This was the trick. It had to be! This was how the hoomin was going to give him foweba sweepies. What was in his hand? A sowwy-stick, a knife, a gun!?! ohhhhhh he couldn’t tell what it was, and he involuntarily winced as the hoomin dropped the thing, and it made a dull clanking sound when it reached the end of it’s rope.

“This,” Bob rang the cowbell twice “is the real Boss Badge. It goes on your neck, and when you walk, Everyone will hear that the Boss is coming. Big Boss Beef Supreme is coming their way. This sound” *he shook the bell for emphasis “means that they had better listen up and start acting right.”

Bob saw the trepidation in the fluff’s eyes, so he laid the bell on the shit-stained hay, and backed away so Beef Supreme could safely inspect it.

Against his better judgement, the red stallion began to think the farmer was telling him the truth.

“So…” the fluffy began “so Beef Supweme gonna be da Onwy fwuffy wif a Boff Bedge?”

“Not quite. You see, you can’t rule over this many fluffies all by yourself. You’re going to need other fluffies you can trust. They can handle the little problems, while Beef Supreme handles the Big problems.”

He gave that idea a few moments to sink into the fluff’s brain.

“And I have the perfect suggestion for your first helper.
What you need right now, is Lieutenant Panini.”

The little stallion had been listening attentively and pomfed the door open, marching through like he’d been shown to do.

“HUP-too-fwee-for-HUP-too-fwee-for-HUP-too-fwee-for”

“Lieutenant HALT!”
The blonde stallion came to a stop oh his HUP beat, and the small bell around his neck jingled for a moment.

The red fluff was dumbstruck
“Wy…wy dummeh gawt da widdle beww awn hims neckie?”

“Why, for the same reason you get the Big bell around your neckie. You’re the boss, and he’s your Lieutenant.”

“Whu…um…whut be woo…tin…at??”

“A lieutenant is your best helper. He’ll tell you all the important news, bring messages to you, take messages out to the other herds, and he’ll even come to fight at your side if you ever need him. Right Panini?”

“Das WITE suw!”
the blonde pony even saluted with one hoof.
Where the heck had he learned that from?
“Wootennet Puhneenee iam hewe ta hewp!”

Suspiciously Beef Supreme glared at Panini through the slats.
Panini’s gaze only met the other stallion’s briefly, before he remembered Farmer Bob’s words to look straight ahead

“Poopi…um…” the red cleared this throat “Puhneenee gon do wutebbah Beefie Bossie sez?”

“Yuh!” Panini answered

The red one turned back to Farmer Bob
“Otay. Fwuffy wun yu put da Big beww awn him.”

Bob reached down with a smile, and opened the collar, fastening it around Beef Supreme’s neck, and snugging it down to fit him. He then opened his hands to the pony.

“Uppies?”

“Yuh, uppies. Beefie godda go shew da uvver fwuffies dat him baws, now.”

As Bob gently placed Beef Supreme down onto the hay, the little red stallion held his head high, and trotted out toward his paddock.
Panini went alongside him and kept the cadence
“HUP-too-fwee-fow-HUP-too-fwee-fow”

They left Bob alone in the barn, smiling as he lit his cigarette.

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

19 Likes

Just caught up on the story, and I’m really enjoying it for the most part!
My only complaint is there’s a bit of tonal whiplash between parts or sometimes in parts. Don’t get me wrong, all the individual things are great. The humor is funny, and I think it’s a good mix of hugbox and abuse. My issue is sometimes it reads like a slapstick comedy, and sometimes it read’s as very dramatic and serious. I think both those elements on their own are done well, but I don’t feel they quite mesh perfectly.
But over all, very good story, I’m especially liking the development of Panini. Look forward to more in the future!

5 Likes

I’ll admit that’s a bit of a flaw in my writing style. I write the same way I think and it’s far too easy for me to SQUIRREL!!!…Hi there!

10 Likes

This is pretty good

4 Likes